• Nay

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • Borderline

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters

KingCharles34

All Star
lol @ the last 7 or 8 posts

I hope thats not true about TMac, i thought he showed some heart last year in the playoffs against Boston

CuseGirl

Benchwarmer
This is getting out of hand, im all for adding veterans but enough is enough. What could Sheed possibly add at this point?
Good, I'm not the only one who feels this way. Hasn't played since 2010 and the only reason he played was because Celtics had no choice in the matter.

metrocard

Legend

toughness, attitude, that jumper, rebounding, defense, HE HATES LEBRON

Toughness and attitude are basically the same thing.

Sheed can hit a 3, but he isn't an all world shooter. He's 35% or less.

Rebounding? Rasheed averages 7.3 rebounds per 36 minutes in his career. Never been a strong rebounder.

Defense, Rasheed is great at, and would replace Jefferies perfectly.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Sheed=need

For STAT's sake, we need him. We need someone, in collusion with Kurt Thomas, to put the onus on Amar'e Stoudemire, who we will NEVER be able to trade, to become what he has to become to back his big talk, crippled walk ways.

Do you honestly think Sheed would take the political stance in cussing out STAT for being a lame defender? Would he bite his tongue? F*ck no, he wouldn't! And he is, for the sake of the Knicks 2-3 year window, exactly what we need to help get the most out of the $20M man.

And the toughness he adds...........Phew.

Chandler, K Thomas, Sheed, Camby and Amar'e. If all of these boys, in their respective minutes played, are out there and playing intensely, Jesus H! What front court would wanna go against us?

And, though I doubt it'll be the case, he might well help Melo turn his cheek to all the buddy-buddy BS with LeBron and Wade. SHAQ said it right "they (Melo and STAT) need to take it personally".

I feel the need for Sheed. As old as he is, and as mental, we have an expendable enforcer that wants nothing more than to win, and doesn't give a f*ck how gracefully or non-gracefully that night's win comes about.

Rob Low

Rotation player
He struggled with the Celtics. So what makes you guys think 2 years and 40 pounds later he's any better?

Rob Low

Rotation player
Because off his attitude. He wont play much but he is a no nonsense guy and is a great teammate in the locker room and has something that we are trying to get.

We have enough veterans with no nonsense attitudes. Thomas,Camby,Chandler, Kidd. It would be overkill at this point, im all about getting a veteran team but im pretty sure we'd have the oldest team in NBA history if we did this. We need some athleticism on this team

CA7

Scoring Champ
Toughness and attitude are basically the same thing.

Sheed can hit a 3, but he isn't an all world shooter. He's 35% or less.

Rebounding? Rasheed averages 7.3 rebounds per 36 minutes in his career. Never been a strong rebounder.

Defense, Rasheed is great at, and would replace Jefferies perfectly.

toughness as in physical style of play, attitude as in getting into players heads

Sheed would fit with our "STAT line up"- STAT, Sheed, Novak, Smith, Felton. Felton and STAT running the pick n roll with Smith, Novak and Sheed stretching the floor.

Rebounding, meh he'll get boards I'm not worried about his career numbers

defense of course he fits our style

finestrg

Rotation player
Who cares? 1 year vet min contract! It's not your money. How are you going to argue with depth??

Well said. I'm down for this move...T-Mac too. What have we got to lose? Sheed's probably a better option than KT at this point (always more skilled, probably even at the advanced age). Post up, shoots 3s.... Look at the Celtic video below -- he can still do those things apparently!!! Let's see what he's got left. If he agrees to come to camp, is in the right frame of mind and gets himself in enough shape to go 10-15 mins a game at first with more mins possibly down the road, why the hell not? Look at what Channing Frye brings to the table in PHX -- if Sheed could get himself back in shape, he could supply almost the same thing here, maybe more.

Would I prefer a young 7' with very good all-around skills like a Marcus Cousin? Absolutely..But they're not into giving young players a shot at this point and I'm done taking about it...Let's load up on vets, make our run and see what happens. Maybe Glen's right..Maybe loading up on all these oldtimers around our core is the right thing...A championship is all that matters -- I don't care how they friggin' do it anymore...At least T-Mac and Sheed were mad skilled in their primes...Wasn't like they were stiffs. Maybe they still have something left. At this point, with the way the Knicks wanna handle things -- I say F it, sign 'em both, let's test the theory and get this thing started!!!

Here's video of Sheed's last year with Boston (I know statistically the numbers weren't good but he still looked damn effective in this video to me) and T-Mac's surprisingly effective play with Atlanta last year. Vet min. 1-yr deals for both guys and let's roll!!! This season can't start soon enough, I swear!!!!!!!!!