• Yay

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Nay

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • Borderline

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters

SHEEEEEEEEED!

Thats exactly what casual BB fans dont see. His post defense has been underrated because of the fact that he delivers hard fouls and people think he just whacks people who gets by him when in fact he plays excellent post defense and if someone does get by him he allows no layups.

Sheed ,Camby, Kurt Thomas, Kenyon Martin are the last of a dying breed.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
If it really bothers you then BK is right there but these dinosaurs can ball.

Agreed. The so-called dinosaurs we have will clog the paint and make opposing teams players think twice before going in there.

Sheeds post D is very good IMO. He'll get into some semblance of shape and be of use to us.

I agree with other posters who've said that this means KT will not get minutes. He'll be a locker stability type and if one of our front line guys goes down he's insurance. I think he can still play 10-15 minutes per game so having him helps re depth.

YuvalNYC

Rotation player
With all the characters we have this season.. its definitely gonna be entertaining.. cant wait to see Sheed @ MSG, lets just hope that with the entertainment, come wins.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
why the fk do we need 3 dinosaurs on this team?
Whats the problem as long as they play their role?

We have a nice combination Toughness, Smarts, Experience, Leadership and we still have a couple players in their prime.

The offense goes through Melo and Amare anyway, it's not like were asking the older guys to come in and drop 20+ a night for us.

Wallace- Championship experience, toughness, Floor stretcher

Thomas- Toughness, Vet leadership, Backup insurance in case of injuries

Kidd- Championship experience, Leadership, Floor general, Smartness, Spot up shooter, Great passer

Camby- Toughness, Rebounds, Blocks, Paint enforcer

Prigioni - Backup insurance in case of injuries, Great passer

On top of that they are coming off the BENCH, it's not like they are starters that were relying on to play heavy minutes...

Just because their old does not mean their useless each guy will bring something to the team.

Carmelo (28) - In his prime
Amare (29) - In his prime
Chandler (29)- In his prime Bday on Oct 2nd BTW
Felton (28)- In his prime
Novak (29)- In his prime
Brewer(27)
White(29)
Smith (27)
Shumpert(22)- our young gun

Camby, Prigioni, Kidd, Wallace, Thomas >>>>>>>>>>>>>> useless inexperienced Young unproven talent

Last edited:

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4697609/rivers-not-surprised-by-sheeds-return

WALTHAM, Mass. -- With Rasheed Wallace ready to come out of retirement in hopes of joining the New York Knicks, Celtics coach Doc Rivers said he wasn't particularly surprised by the 38-year-old's decision to return to the NBA.

"I saw him at a couple games last year -- college games [because] he?s up in North Carolina a lot -- and when we talked he was definitely throwing feelers out about playing, even last year," said Rivers, who crossed paths with Wallace at Duke games while watching his son, Austin. "I?m not surprised that he made the comeback. I was surprised he retired to begin with. I thought he had more to give. I think when you play that long, you get tired of the conditioning. You get tired of the practice. And guys like that would love to just play in the games. So he probably needed that break, and now he?s working out again, and probably refreshed."

Wallace spent the 2009-10 season with the Celtics and aided (at times) the team's run to Game 7 of the NBA Finals before falling short against the Los Angeles Lakers. Wallace retired soon after, facilitating a buyout on the two years remaining of his contract with Boston.

Invariably, whenever Boston ran into the need for a serviceable big man over the last two seasons, Wallace's name popped up. Rivers hinted the team might have considered him during the 2010-11 campaign, but he was not on the radar last season -- though he might have been if he had been in shape.

"Not last year, he wasn?t in the condition that he could help us," said Rivers. "If he had have been, we would have definitely looked at him. He was good for us."

According to our friends at ESPN New York, Wallace has not yet signed a deal with the Knicks, according to a team source. But the Knicks expect him at training camp when it opens this week.

Whats the problem as long as they play their role?

We have a nice combination Toughness, Smarts, Experience, Leadership and we still have a couple players in their prime.

The offense goes through Melo and Amare anyway, it's not like were asking the older guys to come in and drop 20+ a night for us.

Wallace- Championship experience, toughness, Floor stretcher

Thomas- Toughness, Vet leadership, Backup insurance in case of injuries

Kidd- Championship experience, Leadership, Floor general, Smartness, Spot up shooter, Great passer

Camby- Toughness, Rebounds, Blocks, Paint enforcer

Prigioni - Backup insurance in case of injuries, Great passer

On top of that they are coming off the BENCH, it's not like they are starters that were relying on to play heavy minutes...

Just because their old does not mean their useless each guy will bring something to the team.

Carmelo (28) - In his prime
Amare (29) - In his prime
Chandler (29)- In his prime Bday on Oct 2nd BTW
Felton (28)- In his prime
Novak (29)- In his prime
Brewer(27)
White(29)
Smith (27)
Shumpert(22)- our young gun

Camby, Prigioni, Kidd, Wallace, Thomas >>>>>>>>>>>>>> useless inexperienced Young unproven talent

No need to respond to Nyets scum, expect a lot of NYets ball riders to ransack this forum when the season starts.

New New York

Quiet Storm

SHEEEEEEEEED!

Well he's here for defensive presence for about 16 minutes per game

If he can give that sort of defense he showed in that video against Gasol then he's a very nice pickup.

Kmart is for sure the more athletic defender and would block a lot more shots...but Sheed is the smarter defender and will communicate better on D

Kmart would run the floor much better.....but Sheed would spread the floor much better.

Kmart's FT pct. w Clippers last year .377 Sheeds last year with Celtics a solid .776

I compare the 2 because I have been pushing Kmart (like 90% of us have) but this could turn out to be the more savvy move.

KingCharles34

All Star
Thats exactly what casual BB fans dont see. His post defense has been underrated because of the fact that he delivers hard fouls and people think he just whacks people who gets by him when in fact he plays excellent post defense and if someone does get by him he allows no layups.

Sheed ,Camby, Kurt Thomas, Kenyon Martin are the last of a dying breed.

This right here is what i was trying to get at on the previous page and I guess this means most Celtics fans are casual fans, nothing we didnt already know. They complain about Perkins missing that game 7 but Perkins was gettin sh*tted on by Gasol and Bynum. Rasheed and KG we're their best big man options against the Lakers defensively and offensively. But Rasheed did by far the best job of any Celtics big guarding Gasol. Pau even had his way with KG much of the time so this says alot about what we're getting with Sheed and even if hes garbage during the season which i expect him to be, he'll step up in the playoffs when it counts most.

This right here is what i was trying to get at on the previous page and I guess this means most Celtics fans are casual fans, nothing we didnt already know. They complain about Perkins missing that game 7 but Perkins was gettin sh*tted on by Gasol and Bynum. Rasheed and KG we're their best big man options against the Lakers defensively and offensively. But Rasheed did by far the best job of any Celtics big guarding Gasol. Pau even had his way with KG much of the time so this says alot about what we're getting with Sheed and even if hes garbage during the season which i expect him to be, he'll step up in the playoffs when it counts most.

Yep, its well documented how the tides had turned between KG and Gasol since their meeting in 08'. Sheed played him how KG played him in 08'-tough and physical. Sheed knows what he's coming back for so thats great to have vets who are only here to win Championships. This is why i laugh at people with the AARP jokes because young players just want to produce stats while vets want to win rings and they know when to turn the switch on when our team needs it.

Vets know the ropes and are more mature in pressure situations and their mentality isnt to make an all star team or to start but to do whatever it takes to bring home a ring

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I'm ecstatic to have Sheed on this team. We have an incredibly intimidating front court, and we need some extra offense in the 2nd unit.

Definitely a better get than Kmart, who I think is a punk, and has less O than the phrase, 'his career is finished'.