The 2012-13 Season: KnicksOnline Fantasy Basketball League on Y!

smokes

Huge Member
rady has a nice team just some very unlucky very close defeats. His divisional record is still intact compared to the other teams in our division though, so if he can keep that up he'll be in good shape for a playoff spot.

Another week of fantasy is upon us!

Killorbekilled getting off to a very strong start against the veto's, if he sets his lineups he could be ready to cause an upset.

Gangnam currently leads his matchup with a score of -0.25... That tells you all you need to know about this one :lol:

bsz makes his debut against a solid team, thrown in at the deep end for sure. If Varejao returns Wednesday he has a chance.

HOTMICE looking to bounce back this week. Rooting for him!

p0nder likely to get a solid win after dropping to the top team even with a career week.

CA7 trying to snap his 3 game losing streak against the 2nd place team in the league, a challenge for sure.

Lastly Soupastars are relishing in the performance of Steve Nash since taking him on a flier from the Beef Helmets. The Wharfies are also enjoying the return of Dirk, traded away by the Beef Helmets! Both players also just lost key players with Mo and Big Baby going down for extended periods. I'm predicting a Soupastars upset here after making some shrewd moves to get himself back into contention.

CoolClyde

hmmm. damn Byron Mullens out for a month with sprained ankle. normally i'd stash the guy,
he's a pretty solid player capable of very big nights.

but with a serious matchup against the undefeated smokey beef helmets next week, maybe someone
wants to tender a trade offer to the Bruisers to help fortify my lineup for next week's battle?

quite surprised by the trade between Soupastars and Gangnam Style, with the latter having one
of the best teams in the league. but i think i understand GS motives. getting Bosh for Jennings
is a decent trade, and getting Collison (with Derek Fisher retiring) is a good deal, and
Andre Drummond is turning into a force to be reckoned with.
Losing Shawn Marion (with Dirk coming back) makes sense, as well as Zaza (who cares) and
Alonzo Gee (he's OK). winning deal for Gangnam Style, i like the way he thinks.

DCinNY

Benchwarmer
hmmm. damn Byron Mullens out for a month with sprained ankle. normally i'd stash the guy,
he's a pretty solid player capable of very big nights.

but with a serious matchup against the undefeated smokey beef helmets next week, maybe someone
wants to tender a trade offer to the Bruisers to help fortify my lineup for next week's battle?

quite surprised by the trade between Soupastars and Gangnam Style, with the latter having one
of the best teams in the league. but i think i understand GS motives. getting Bosh for Jennings
is a decent trade, and getting Collison (with Derek Fisher retiring) is a good deal, and
Andre Drummond is turning into a force to be reckoned with.
Losing Shawn Marion (with Dirk coming back) makes sense, as well as Zaza (who cares) and
Alonzo Gee (he's OK). winning deal for Gangnam Style, i like the way he thinks.

Clyde, stop cramping my style!!! Well, it's all strategy; now we have to see if it comes to fruition. Nonetheless, you have me figured out.

CoolClyde

is KillorbeKilled even on KO forum? i don't think he's posted once in this KO fantasy league thread...
unless it's Toons... gettin' high in the Bahamas...

CoolClyde

Beef Helmets trade with That's Amare:
Larry Sanders + Kyrie Irving for
Goran Dragic + Zach Randolph

props to the Helmets for keeping things flowing on the trade end of things.
picking up Larry Sanders at the time he did was genius and turning him into
a trade asset for 2 excellent players is the essence of fantasy trading. props.

right after Dragic goes down with a broken back is a gutsy move.

i'm still so pissed i dropped Sanders after less than a week.
that's my fantasy league this year in a nutshell.

pinkie!

smokes

Huge Member

pinkie!

Haha, broken back! Let's hope not :lol:

This trade makes sense on all levels for me but damn, it's so hard to trade away Kyrie and Sanders, Sanders especially.

The Beef Helmets have 1-2 other trade offers pending, and the injuries that I could potentially be nursing may give CoolClyde's Bruised Bruisers more than a fighting chance :crossfingers:

DCinNY

Benchwarmer

pinkie!

Dragic isn't out for long, he said he plans to play on Friday. TBH, I think this trade is a bit lopsided to the benefit of an already Beefy team. Although I don't think it's veto worthy, I could see how someone would.

Good thing is league is Head-to-head, or else no one else would have a chance.

smokes

Huge Member
Dragic isn't out for long, he said he plans to play on Friday. TBH, I think this trade is a bit lopsided to the benefit of an already Beefy team. Although I don't think it's veto worthy, I could see how someone would.

Good thing is league is Head-to-head, or else no one else would have a chance.

It's quite up in the air really, regardless of Dragic injury, just look at his play recently, it's been dire. I'm banking on him returning to good form, and given how crappy PHX are it's a risk for sure.

This was actually a counter offer from That's Amar'e, in response to my original offer which was Kyrie Bynum Seraphin. He's obviously high on Larry Sanders, who wouldn't be.

My team is definitely scary looking but so are a lot of peoples. The Bronx Veto's worried me a lot but then he just gave away two solid role players for free?! Gangnam Style is an extremely scary team and CoolClyde's Bruisers and Scorgasms both have great teams overall.

A lot of teams in the league are 1 or 2 good free agent adds away from being elite. My team would be so much worse if I hadn't made the adds of Henderson, Sanders and Bledsoe.

I also still like the looks of a lot of the trades I made for the other guys.

rady got Lillard who's still outperforming D-Will to this day, Tristan Thompson and Barea who have both been beasting for the last couple of weeks, for Deron and Drummond.

dzwonson got Monta, Gortat, Deng, Dirk, Hawyard and Hawes from me, most of these guys are solid players, Dirk could be top 20 and Hawes is finally hitting his potential. I received Gasol, CP3, Rubio and Asik.

CA7 was doing great with Tyreke for Nash until Tyreke went down.

Soupastars might have got the worst of it, I picked the absolute perfect time to deal for Harden and George and went after that trade fiercely (I'd been waiting since day 1 to trade for Harden). Both those dudes had been somewhat slumping and the day they arrived they turned it around and went beast mode. Having said that, he had 1 PG on his roster who was demoted to Derek Fishers backup. Nash returned to go absolute beast as expected, and Deron has the potential to break into that top tier PG category now with the coaching change. What I don't get is that he wanted Drummond bad enough to offer me Hickson, but then traded away Drummond for like, nothing.

Weird :shrug:

DCinNY

Benchwarmer
It's quite up in the air really, regardless of Dragic injury, just look at his play recently, it's been dire. I'm banking on him returning to good form, and given how crappy PHX are it's a risk for sure.

This was actually a counter offer from That's Amar'e, in response to my original offer which was Kyrie Bynum Seraphin. He's obviously high on Larry Sanders, who wouldn't be.

My team is definitely scary looking but so are a lot of peoples. The Bronx Veto's worried me a lot but then he just gave away two solid role players for free?! Gangnam Style is an extremely scary team and CoolClyde's Bruisers and Scorgasms both have great teams overall.

A lot of teams in the league are 1 or 2 good free agent adds away from being elite. My team would be so much worse if I hadn't made the adds of Henderson, Sanders and Bledsoe.

I also still like the looks of a lot of the trades I made for the other guys.

rady got Lillard who's still outperforming D-Will to this day, Tristan Thompson and Barea who have both been beasting for the last couple of weeks, for Deron and Drummond.

dzwonson got Monta, Gortat, Deng, Dirk, Hawyard and Hawes from me, most of these guys are solid players, Dirk could be top 20 and Hawes is finally hitting his potential. I received Gasol, CP3, Rubio and Asik.

CA7 was doing great with Tyreke for Nash until Tyreke went down.

Soupastars might have got the worst of it, I picked the absolute perfect time to deal for Harden and George and went after that trade fiercely (I'd been waiting since day 1 to trade for Harden). Both those dudes had been somewhat slumping and the day they arrived they turned it around and went beast mode. Having said that, he had 1 PG on his roster who was demoted to Derek Fishers backup. Nash returned to go absolute beast as expected, and Deron has the potential to break into that top tier PG category now with the coaching change. What I don't get is that he wanted Drummond bad enough to offer me Hickson, but then traded away Drummond for like, nothing.

Weird :shrug:

Yea, there are definitely some high potential teams, but if you take a quick look at the Can't Cut list, you have the most players. That's indicative of a beast team. Barring any injuries, your team is set for playoffs and the rest will be up to fate. Very nice trades btw.

Honestly, if people would set their lineups the league would be more balanced. I have to say, the waiver wires are competitive. I'm glad it is.

As for Soupastars' trade, it was a 4 for 3. Besides Jennings he was trading for depth and an overall higher avg pts per game. He gave away Jackson who is useless, but Zaza & Gee are nothing great, but decent. They get you an avg of 20+ pts per night.

Bosh is somewhat hit or miss since the Heat have so many scorers. I think he'll avg high 20's by the end of the year. Drummond should increase his avgs more close to Bosh if he were to get consistent minutes. Last night was a good performance, however he it was a 2OT game, which kinda skews the minutes. But it was nice to see the coach relying on the 2nd unit, since they brought the team back. My trade for Drummond + Bosh was mainly bc of the scoring system we have. It's very geared towards scoring bigs that get a lot of rebounds. Of course, the likes of Harden and other elite scorers will rack up tremendous points, but to me, if you are not an elite guard that is the primary scorer on a team, then you'll be hit or miss. This league penalizes heavily for missed 3 pointers. That makes guards that take a lot of threes, less desirable.

Beef, you know the scoring system and have built your team really well with several SG/SF's that can fill a majority of positions on any given day. That allows for great lineup flexibility. Kudos to you.

Now if only KLove could get back to his usual scoring form. That guy is killing my fantasy production. It doesn't help that he only plays twice this week for me and already laid an egg for one performance. My other players need to really step it up to avoid a loss this week.

everyone, please stop trading with Beef so that his team doesn't get better!!! JK:thumbsup:

metrocard

Legend
You guys are KILLING me on these trade offers...no way I trade Duncan and Anthony Davis TOGETHER unless it's for a top 10 player.