The 2012-13 Season: KnicksOnline Fantasy Basketball League on Y!

smokes

Huge Member
So an underrated week of fantasy comes to an end! In the anticipation of rivalry week I think quite a few people slept on this week and some big results came out of a week of close games.

DemPiffCityAllstars and Cross Facers were no shows... WAKE UP!

Nailbiter of the week with Watermelons coming up with a clutch victory over That's Amare. Truly down to the wire. Watermelons hoping for no stat corrections right now!!

Biggest win of the week goes to R'dam Wharfies with Dzwonsson managing his team of studs to an incredible upset over the beastly squad of Gangnam Style. Some incredible performances helped overcome a tough schedule and wrap up an enormous win for R'dam, keeping hold of his #1 spot in the division with Watermelons trying to go ahead.

Closely following was a blowout by the team that changes its name every week, Fajardo Coquis surprises the league by stomping on the usually solid Multiple Scorgasms.

Meanwhile around the league the teams of Soupastars and Killorbekilled continue their mini streaks, New Jack City breaks out of his losing slump and HOTMICE strings together two in a row to push himself up a spot in the rankings.

Coming up after this commercial break, a look ahead at the most anticipated week of fantasy basketball this year, Rivalry Week is next!

smokes

Huge Member
Welcome back everyone and thanks for that word from our sponsors, all I can think of is tittyf*cking now!

The week ahead is a pivotal week for every team in the league! Rivalry Week has playoff implications all over. Every matchup is a rematch of a classic battle or a fight between evenly matched teams for playoff position.

The Beef Helmets vs Fajardo Coquis BC - A rematch of the previous top 2 teams in the league. The Beef Helmeteers came out on top in the last meeting with a blowout win on a crazy week, Coquis come looking for revenge at the right time, with the Beef taking a short term injury hit for long term gain.

That's Amare vs Cross Facers - The battle of bragging rights between two of metrocards random friends. Given Cross Facers recent (cough) form this matchup could be the only easy prediction.

DemPiffCityAllStars vs Soupastars - Battle of the stars! This matchup was lined up to pit the two newcomers of the league. Soupastars has been on a roll and his activity gives him an edge, John Wall will need to return in a big way to pave the way for any kind of Allstars success.

WaterMELOn and DUI vs New Vegas Patriots - Both middle of the road teams currently, Watermelons coming off a huge clutch victory over That's Amare while New Vegas was the latest victim of a HOTMICE team currently righting the ship. A very tough call, the edge has to go to the team with Kevin Durant playing 4 times...

p0nders Primetime vs Multiple Scorgasms - Both teams coming off tough losses particularly p0nder after a Sunday heartbreaker. This was a rare choke however from a Scorgasms team stacked with star talent and the chances are he will get back on track immediately.

New Jack City vs Killorbekilled - New Jack City finally got back on track after a deep skid while Killorbekilled rolled over Cross Facers allowing him to keep hold of his bible for another week. I'm predicting a W for Killorbekilled after New Jack's eagerness to make a deal seems to have backfired.

R'dam Wharfies vs HOTMICE - It was only two weeks ago that HOTMICE got his season back on track with the W over Dzwonsson, now Dz gets immediate chance for revenge. R'dam pulling out the huge upset win over 2nd place Gangnam last week, and both teams have made solid deals of late. This should be a tight game down to the wire. I gotta go with my man rady here to keep pushing for his playoff spot, fingers crossed for him and the Knicks STAT will start to beast this week!

MATCHUP OF THE WEEK!

Gangnam Style vs CoolClyde's Bruisers - Initially I set this matchup for rivalry week as they were two top contending teams, now the stakes got even higher.

Gangnam did not bring the lube when he defiled the Bruisers team in a deal 10 days ago seeing him steal Lebron James only for the other centerpiece Kevin Love to go down for 6-8 weeks. Nevertheless CoolClyde showed cool moves to swap Love for immediate help in the form of Al Jefferson who has been beasting as of late.

Kevin Seraphin also helped to stem the tide of blood pouring from Clyde's recently torn anus by replacing the injured Byron Mullens and providing a nightly double double threat when minutes come his way.

CoolClyde's team has come together over the past seven days with Nelson, Monroe shrugging off their inconsistencies and putting up big numbers. Deron Williams is on a mini tear (and could be one of the biggest buy lows of the season) as the Nets solve their offensive woes and cruise to an 8-1 streak. Pekovic has taken over the Wolves frontcourt, and as mentioned Jefferson seems to having an all out audition as the trade deadline approaches!

I'm picking (and praying for) Clyde to have a huge comeback win this week and upset the odds. Lebron only plays 3 times and Clyde has incredible potential to work with. A true battle awaits...

Good luck all :beer:

:gony:

:smokin:

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Yeah, that was rather a one week crazy performance by the Wharfies. Look at the last week's averages of the highlighted Wharfies, what do you think are the odds they'll keep their numbers at these levels?

Untitled1.png

smokes

Huge Member
Chris Paul is "extremely doubtful" for Monday's game against the Clippers

Please start Bledsoe please start Bledsoe please start Bledsoe please start Bledsoe please start Bledsoe please start Bledsoe please start Bledsoe please start Bledsoe please start Bledsoe please start Bledsoe please start Bledsoe please start Bledsoe please start Bledsoe please start Bledsoe please start Bledsoe please start Bledsoe please start Bledsoe please start Bledsoe please start Bledsoe please start Bledsoe please start Bledsoe please start Bledsoe please start Bledsoe please start Bledsoe please start Bledsoe please start Bledsoe please start Bledsoe please start Bledsoe please start Bledsoe please start Bledsoe please start Bledsoe please start Bledsoe please start Bledsoe please start Bledsoe please start Bledsoe please start Bledsoe please start Bledsoe please start Bledsoe please start Bledsoe please start Bledsoe please start Bledsoe please start Bledsoe please start Bledsoe please start Bledsoe

smokes

Huge Member
Yeah, that was rather a one week crazy performance by the Wharfies. Look at the last week's averages of the highlighted Wharfies, what do you think are the odds they'll keep their numbers at these levels?

Untitled1.png

Dirk - 31 points is easy for him, he is a 35-40 point player at his peak.
Gortat - 35 points was an optimistic pre-season prediction, so this is not beyond reach.
Garnett - He had a solid month of this kind of form earlier and can easily do 30 points each week.
Deng - 35 is not far from his season averages, no question he can be a 30-35pt player.
Hayward - This is exactly what I expected of him when I drafted him, 15/4/4 with a steal and a block. Starting to percolate with Mo out.
Metta - Until LA frontcourt is healthy 27 points is not a stretch.
Amir Johnson - Can't see this continuing sadly, I wish it would (just picked him up in another league) but he's hurt, and Toronto frontcourt will eventually fill up again with Valancunias and Bargs returning soonish.

So these dudes have a good chance to continue beasting, Amir downfall will be offset by Monta playing at his normal level.

Only problem is horrible inconsistency of Gortat, MWP, Hayward, main reason I traded Gortat and Hayward was to get consistency in their place.

smokes

Huge Member
Bledsoe Bledsoe Bledsoe, with Bledsoe I will play
Bledsoe Bledsoe Bledsoe, I made him out of clay
Bledsoe Bledsoe Bledsoe, start over Paul and beast
Bledsoe Bledsoe Bledsoe, lets go and rape Coquis

metrocard

Legend
I hope Bledsoe catches the flu because if he gets 30+ minutes I am f*cked.

He's a 20 5 5 type of guy who can get 2 steals and a block in any given night, the LeBron of PGs

smokes

Huge Member
So hyped for the Grizzlies Clippers game, Bledsoe starting, Randolph vs Griffin round 2, gonna be epic.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
^ LOL. :lol:

I already talked to him and he said he thought his lineup was set. He didn't play four of his average players, so I'll bench four of mine to make it a fair matchup.

metrocard

Legend
^ LOL. :lol:

I already talked to him and he said he thought his lineup was set. He didn't play four of his average players, so I'll bench four of mine to make it a fair matchup.

Seriously? lol, never heard of such fantasy sportsmanship before.

Smokes, CA7, Clyde, and others; what do you think about this?

CoolClyde

^ you snooze, you lose. no sense benching on purpose to even things out, you'll regret it if you lose the matchup.

lots of folks have forgotten to set lineups: DemPiffCity, p0nder (biggest blunder of the season), Multi-Scorgasms, to name a few.

when you put a trade thru, add/drop, or pick up a player from waivers, you have to remember to reset your lineups when new player joins squad.

hardcore players who take this seriously remember the tiny details, if you don't, you're fu*cked.

don't bench the Dwarfies on purpose, just move on.
otherwise, the Hot Mice will bite your ass.

metrocard

Legend
^ you snooze, you lose. no sense benching on purpose to even things out, you'll regret it if you lose the matchup.

lots of folks have forgotten to set lineups: DemPiffCity, p0nder (biggest blunder of the season), Multi-Scorgasms, to name a few.

when you put a trade thru, add/drop, or pick up a player from waivers, you have to remember to reset your lineups when new player joins squad.

hardcore players who take this seriously remember the tiny details, if you don't, you're fu*cked.

don't bench the Dwarfies on purpose, just move on.
otherwise, the Hot Mice will bite your ass.

What's your strategy against Gangnam? I wanna see you make a big pick up in the waivers to get that advantage this weekend.

CoolClyde

What's your strategy against Gangnam? I wanna see you make a big pick up in the waivers to get that advantage this weekend.

don't know man, TomRobinson was on my radar until you nabbed him!
picked up Hakim again, gonna see how Mahinmi does next couple days, then I have a couple guys on my radar.

also put out a number of trade offers to see if anyone wants Ray Allen or Kirk Hinrich, or anyone else on my trade block... no bites yet.

trading Lebron's gonna fu*ck me back pretty hard, i don't have too many guys playing full 4-game week, and Gangnam's loaded.

thanks for your interest, especially after my smack talk! :smokin:

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
@Clyde: it's like in all European team sports, if a guy on the opposite team is injured or seriously shaken up which makes him being unable to play for a minute you gotta kick/throw the ball out of bounds to let the medical staff take care of him. In America you gotta take advantage of playing 5 on 4. If I didn't bench my ballers to even things up I'd be the Luiz Adriano of fantasy basketball.