The 2012-13 Season: KnicksOnline Fantasy Basketball League on Y!

smokes

Huge Member
Also, next year the RS should be a little shorter, we all see what happens now, many star players are getting a lot of rest which makes matchups pretty uneven i.e. image you've got LeBron on your team and he's out for more than a week for no particular reason other than getting fresh for the playoffs.

I think you can end the season 1 week earlier but that's all. It's actually better to let it run its course to the end because the final week lasts like 10 days and gives more of an opportunity for the amount of players to balance out.

metrocard

Legend
Most productive fantasy players of the year.

FP TOTAL

1. LeBron James
2. Kevin Durant
3. Russell Westbrook
4. Kobe Bryant
5. James Harden
6. Stephen Curry
7. David Lee
8. Al Horford
9. Dwight Howard
10. Blake Griffin
11. LaMarcus Aldridge
12. Greg Monroe
13. Chris Paul
14. Josh Smith
15. Marc Gasol
16. Al Jeff
17. Jrue Holliday
18. Tim Duncan
19. Carmelo Anthony
20. Monta Ellis
21. Joakim Noah
22. Brook Lopez
23. Dwayne Wade
24. Deron Williams
25. Nikola Vucevic

FP Average, top 10.
1. LeBron James 53.9
2. Kevin Durant 47.6
3. Anderson Varejao 45.4
4. Russell Westbrook 42.8
5. Kobe Bryant 42.0
6. James Harden 41.5
7. Chris Paul 41.3
8. Joakim Noah 41.1
9. Carmelo Anthony 40.4
10. Tim Duncan 40.3

Guys who fell short:
Horford
Curry
Howard
Aldridge
Wade
Lee
Love
Rondo
SMith
Parker
Irving
Griffin

CA7

Scoring Champ
Yo Metro how we doin this next year, we should start planning to make it even better because this was a helluva besides some of the collusion and vetoes

smokes

Huge Member
Yo Metro how we doin this next year, we should start planning to make it even better because this was a helluva besides some of the collusion and vetoes

Looks like Clyde will be the commish or appoint one of his choosing and then can start looking at next year. Wouldn't be a bad idea to put out feelers on next years league before the playoffs end to reach the most people before the forums go dead for summer.

metrocard

Legend
Congrats to Clyde for winning the league and the commish spot for the 13-14 season. Now I shall make my complaints and make his commish life a living hell :lol:

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats on winning it Clyde, i'll make a small icon and display it somewhere on your profile saying "2012/13 KO Fantasy League Winner"!

CA7

Scoring Champ
Things I'm looking for next year

1. Keeper League???
2. 16 active GM's
3. weekly write ups would be cool
4. definitely making a transaction thread to keep history of what goes on

smokes

Huge Member
Things I'm looking for next year

1. Keeper League???
2. 16 active GM's
3. weekly write ups would be cool
4. definitely making a transaction thread to keep history of what goes on

Personally I'd like to see a couple of leagues here, kinda depends how much active interest we get though.

I'm not sure a keeper league would be realistic given the turnaround of players we've had over the last couple of seasons but it would be fun. Maybe like a 10-12 team keeper separate from the main league where we get the most active dudes.

metrocard

Legend
Clyde, you sob. A thorn on my side since the season started and you came triumph like a beast dulldozing your way through the playoffs.

Pretty epic run.

We'll await Clyde's victory speech.

CoolClyde

Cool Clyde's Official KO Fantasy League Victory Speech

thank you my KO friends, for the well-deserved props :smokin:

I must admit, i thought I was out of the mix going into the last few regular season
weeks; my team was ravaged by injuries all season, but unlike smokes, who gathered
top notch injured players who never made it back, i kept trading for active players,
even giving up the #1 fantasy player (LeBone) in order to secure Pekovic and Love
from the team who would be displaced by Displacers. As Love was hurt the second
I traded for him, senior Smokes made me an offer I could not refuse, trading AlJeff
for KevLove, which turned out to be one of the best things to happen to my team
all year. thanks Smokes!

by the way, a big fu*ck you to Metrotaint for this quote:

You're not an angel and you don't have much to speak from
especially since this league is forever tainted tainted by your profoundly retardation of the
LeBron trade, don't cry about tainted when you've been the monkey of the league for the year.

however, I forgive Metro for his character assassination of me when he doesn't even
know me, he tried hard all season to make this a compelling, competitive league, so
major props to him and Smokes for working very hard. I still feel there was some
collusion involved when attempting unfair trades with friends, or having background
knowledge of what trades your friends are making, but I'm going to drop all that now,
the argument has been played out, vetoes were made, trades happened, and the season
was exciting. Although I called shenanigans left and right, you gotta admit, this was
a fu*cking hilarious pic:

Shenanigans.jpg

I'd like to commend myself for trading Rondo for Greg Monroe at the beginning
of the season, Monroe turned into the consistent monster I thought he would/
could be, and Rondo went lame halfway thru season.

my end of season/post season pickups of Steve Blake, Chris Fu*cking Copeland,
Damien Wilkins, Will Barton proved to be substantial.

Again, thanks to Metrotaint for dropping Reggie Evans (holy sh*it!), Markieff
Morris, Jerryd Bayless and others, who proved essential to Cool Clyde's Bruisers
pulling out win after win in the playoffs, but I refuse to give him credit for doing
so; he's a dick for dropping them in the first place, and I am a genius for picking
them up, as I have pointed out in my fantasy league smack talk.

I believe I made more add/drops than anyone, as is my tendency to do so, but
as the season drew to a close, I had a serious bunch of bruisers who consistently
contributed to a winning cause, even with that pus*sy Jameer Nelson not playing
the last 3 weeks, and Pekovic going down every other week.

So, once again, thank you everyone, for the best fantasy league I've ever played in;
as Rono pointed out, I also beat the number one guy in his league (trounced him by
over 500 points!), so yesterday was quite the victorious day for Cool Clyde.

I leave you with these Cool Clyde championship pics:

kofantasy.jpg

espnfantasy.jpg

and above all, after all is said and done, go Knicks!

Last edited: