Fifa 13

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Just picked it up yesterday, I'm something like 1-0-9 so far, firmly in the 10th division, but improving.

What a sick game. It feels much more open this time, the players do not have the sticky feet any longer and the first touches are much more realistic.

Bang it!

Who's kicking it around?

orangeblobman

Rotation player
I think I'm at the cusp of breaking into Div 9.

My friend says he got to Div 5 without losing on Fifa 12, is that even possible? This **** is hard. But then again I'm a CoD head, haven't played Fifa since 08.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
I dropped the FIFA series when EA decided to screw all PC users by excluding keyboard controls, which means the last FIFA I played was 11. Of course, I do have an Xbox and I could easily purchase an X version of the game, but since EA wants me to pay additional €20 for being a console owner I decided to tell them to GTFO.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
You should get it so we can play!!!

My cousin told me that a game is about 100$ in Switzerland, is this the case for you?

All games are 60$ here, so we're lucky.

Also, to be honest with you, I think FIFA on PC was dead in the water, man. For me, it's crazy to play FIFA with a keyboard. But I ditched PC gaming in the early 2000s, so I have not looked back. It just looks like a dead market from where I am standing.

Last edited:

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Well, concerning sports games it is probably a dead market, totally agreed, but there are enough cRPG, RTS and HnS games that are playable only on PC. ;)

orangeblobman

Rotation player
When I first switched from PC to console FPS games, it was difficult to adjust. PC with mouse and keyboard feels much more natural, but it is not a problem for me anymore, I do not think about it now.

The thing about consoles is that every system is the same, so the playing field is level, where with PC gaming, if some one will have more resources than you to set up a beast-daddy machine, he will have the technical advantage. It is not so level.

And I just earned promotion to Division 9 yesterday. One game left, I can win the division title if I win the last game!! Getting better. The skill games help a lot.

smokes

Huge Member
FIFA is ****ing awful this year bro seriously. The realism they added is great except it's only about 50% finished so with the added realism comes a bunch of added bull****.

EA Sports are one of the worst gaming companies out there, they already had to drop their NBA franchise of 10+ years because 2ksports do a way better job.

If only 2k made a football game, FIFA might actually get better. Instead it gets steadily worse year by year as they add new features that don't work properly.

Shame.

metrocard

Legend
FIFA is ****ing awful this year bro seriously. The realism they added is great except it's only about 50% finished so with the added realism comes a bunch of added bull****.

EA Sports are one of the worst gaming companies out there, they already had to drop their NBA franchise of 10+ years because 2ksports do a way better job.

If only 2k made a football game, FIFA might actually get better. Instead it gets steadily worse year by year as they add new features that don't work properly.

Shame.

I agree, I bought Fifa 13 and returned it for 2k13. 2k13 has a lot of glitches, but they offer too many in-depth features plus more animations and just overall a more fun game to get into, better game modes. EA Sports kinda limit game modes, too arcadey for my taste (NBA Live is an example)

smokes

Huge Member
I agree, I bought Fifa 13 and returned it for 2k13. 2k13 has a lot of glitches, but they offer too many in-depth features plus more animations and just overall a more fun game to get into, better game modes. EA Sports kinda limit game modes, too arcadey for my taste (NBA Live is an example)

I'm real tempted by 2k13 but I've ended up giving up on the NBA games too in recent years due to the glitches and stuff in My Player.

The games are pretty good but theres a few things that bug me like trying to pull off dribble moves and the fact a home crowd sounds like crickets chirping when you just hit a game winner in the NBA finals :lol:

orangeblobman

Rotation player
You're buggin, smokes!

Fifa 13 is where it's at!!

I agree that EA generally sucks balls, but FIFA is one of their winning franchises.

Live sucked, absolutely, but PES was not able to dent the FIFA franchise.

They do good things.

It's all EA but I reckon totally different teams work on each sport and the soccer team does a hell of a job.

Fifa is deep, it has a deep multiplayer, has a deep single player, and it has a great gameplay experience. No complaints here.

smokes

Huge Member
Glad you enjoy it bro but the multiplayer is far from deep. Most goals are scored from some stupid sh*t like you tackle them 3 times in a row and the ball bounces back to them until they have an open shot on goal.

First touch system does not work, ball goes off completely randomly half the time.

My record online is something like 50 wins 10 losses and I'm in division 1, but I've shelved the game this year. Unless they put out a patch to fix the broken stuff it's too boring and predictable.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Smokes, please GTFO AND STFU!

You are not D1 bro, last I checked there are like 200 people in D1!!!!!! In the world!!

Dude if you're D1 and you hate the game, that's a statistical anomaly or you are dishonest!!! I don't think you're dishonest, but I don't think you're d1!!!

Yo, **** is tough, smokes. I'm d10 again and I'm something like 15-6-88 right now, can't win for **** dude!!

Then again, maybe I'm just garbage at anything other than first person shooters, I don't know.

Still, the first touch, bouncing off the guy, that's the point!! In real life the ball is not magnetized to your feet!!! You can have sloppy first touches!! And this is the first FIFA that I have seen sloppy first touches in!!! So it's great.

smokes

Huge Member
Smokes, please GTFO AND STFU!

You are not D1 bro, last I checked there are like 200 people in D1!!!!!! In the world!!

Dude if you're D1 and you hate the game, that's a statistical anomaly or you are dishonest!!! I don't think you're dishonest, but I don't think you're d1!!!

Yo, **** is tough, smokes. I'm d10 again and I'm something like 15-6-88 right now, can't win for **** dude!!

Then again, maybe I'm just garbage at anything other than first person shooters, I don't know.

Still, the first touch, bouncing off the guy, that's the point!! In real life the ball is not magnetized to your feet!!! You can have sloppy first touches!! And this is the first FIFA that I have seen sloppy first touches in!!! So it's great.

The first touch thing would be good if it worked like it should.

But a chipped through ball travelling 50 yards will still be controlled perfectly by an average, 90 pace player.

While a slow moving ground pass will be miscontrolled by the likes of Messi.

It's too random bro. It simply doesn't work.

Actually most of the people who play this game a fair amount agree sh*t just ain't right this year. If you spend any time on the FIFA 13 forums you'll see just that. Enormous threads filled with complaints about the game.

They definitely got all the right elements in this years game, they just need to balance those elements so the game plays like it should.

KP0UP.jpg

smokes

Huge Member
Ninja, that's in Ultimate Team;

go to Seasons and try to get to D1!!!!!!!!!

I'm in Division 4 head to head with 80% winrate. I was in division 1 last year for the entire year and won most of my games.

As a heavy FIFA player this game just doesn't cut it. But for casual players I'm sure it hits the spot.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Yea that's pretty impressive, I'm in league 10 right now with a 20-6-82 record, but I've been in league 9 for twice.

Today, I am 2-1-0 in league 10, so 6 points with 7 games remaining. I'm confident I'll get the trophy. Feels like I've turned a corner in my development because I am pretty new to FIFA. Played in 08 heavy and also 98, and 06, but not so much. Maybe 100 games total and today I told you my record, I have 100 games already since it came out, and I didn't even get it the same day, I got it a few weeks after it dropped. So we're in this for the long run and with persistence, you'll be talking to a division 1 player soon enough.

Still a great game and there are many ways to score, the first touch is more realistic than ever and it's a blast to play and even more fun to play it well.

TakMan

Rotation player
I can never seem to find any Arsenal fans playing the game and (as a Tottenham supporter) it doesn't make for as much fun as it could. I can however understand Arsenal fans not really wanting to have to suffer watching their team on Fifa (the real thing is bad enough). Other than that it's a good game. EA Sports have really picked it up in the past couple of years, and have unfortunately surpassed Pro Evo, as Konami have refused to continue to improve the game.

Dzwonsson I've got it on PC and I believe keyboard controls are available.