Homophobic and discriminatory comments

JaboloPR

Rookie
I don't write much here. As much as I love the Knicks and constantly follow every move, I guess I'm a pretty casual fan. (I do come here pretty much every day.) One thing that strikes me, even though I cannot blame anybody specifically, as it's pretty much a general societal thing, is the sometimes veiled and sometimes direct homphobic attitude displayed. The comments. The jokes. Sometimes that is a sign of a repressed homosexuality, sometimes it's a desire to be on top of the dominant social norms, the funniest, the coolest. I can't judge, but I can say that we do need to aspire to something more.

I just saw this vid. I think, it is extremely human. Independently of our sexual o gender preferences and orientations, we should all be able to relate to it. It's time we can all love in peace.

(Ps. How can I embed a video?)

*fixed

Last edited by a moderator:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I see where you're coming from, and I seriously doubt that the vast majority of individuals, long term individuals especially, mean anything derogatory whether or not it can be interpreted as derogatory, when using terms such as 'fag' and so on.

That was a very eloquently put post, BTW. If you think well, if you speak well and write well, you should friggin' well be posting well on this site, sir!