Last Roster Spot

finestrg

Rotation player
I've been going back and forth between our preseason game and the Yankees game. I gotta say from what I've seen every single one of these guys looks useless. TMac made a mistake, we coulda used him. Thompson and Copeland looked beyond turrrble

Tracy made the mistake or did we? Did we ever officially offer him a contract? I don't think so...Remember the headlines a few days after we worked him out (btw -- Tracy agreeing to work out for us confirmed for me that he was willing to play here even with the logjam at the 2 AND he would've been ok with a vet min. deal) -- those headlines read: "Knicks no longer interested in Tracy McGrady." Damn right we could've used him. He still has enough skill and savvy to help an NBA team. Proved that last year in ATL.

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
Tracy made the mistake or did we? Did we ever officially offer him a contract? I don't think so...Remember the headlines a few days after we worked him out (btw -- Tracy agreeing to work out for us confirmed for me that he was willing to play here even with the logjam at the 2 AND he would've been ok with a vet min. deal) -- those headlines read: "Knicks no longer interested in Tracy McGrady." Damn right we could've used him. He still has enough skill and savvy to help an NBA team. Proved that last year in ATL.

Agreed, TMac knows what's available looking at the roster and cap situation. Still he worked out for us. It's not like 12 scouts from other teams came to watch this one workout. We probably never offered him.

Kiyaman

Legend
Nice-one

I would roll the dice with Copeland..... He was great in summer league. I think he may have just been a little nervous. I'm going to keep my eye on him during the game this Saturday. I think he can be a special player.

(We will see if I'm wrong)

Nice Call!!!

will Copeland be consistent the next 4 games?
Whatsup wid .. James White n Mychel Thompson the next 4 games???

Kiyaman

Legend
Oh yeah, that guy Josh Howard was a great co-worker untill he told the boss he is not the only worker who steal from the company .. LOL .. he's that co-worker u dont want to talk to at work, or after work.

Seba

Benchwarmer
Is Copeland a 4 or a 3?
I read someone that Copeland can hit the outside shot, even if it didn't show against the Celts. That'd be great and would earn him minutes IMO.
If that's not true, he might make the roster as a 4, but would hardly play behind 3 proven vets like STAT, Thomas and Sheed.

Man, there are so many options available for thsi team, but they need to develop offensive chemistry ASAP and be a top 3 defensive team in order to be legit.

CoolClyde

Is Copeland a 4 or a 3?
I read someone that Copeland can hit the outside shot, even if it didn't show against the Celts. That'd be great and would earn him minutes IMO.
If that's not true, he might make the roster as a 4, but would hardly play behind 3 proven vets like STAT, Thomas and Sheed.

Man, there are so many options available for thsi team, but they need to develop offensive chemistry ASAP and be a top 3 defensive team in order to be legit.

that's the beauty of his game, he's known for being a SF, but seeing how Wood Son wanted him
to implement his skills with 2nd string PG's ala training camp, Cope's PnR inside game came through vs Celtdicks.

Agreed, chemistry is priority, and with STAT, Gumby and Brewskie still out, it makes sense to
sign Copeland based on his ability to work with 2nd team, and the fact he's working hard at training camp.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
that's the beauty of his game, he's known for being a SF, but seeing how Wood Son wanted him
to implement his skills with 2nd string PG's ala training camp, Cope's PnR inside game came through vs Celtdicks.

Agreed, chemistry is priority, and with STAT, Gumby and Brewskie still out, it makes sense to
sign Copeland based on his ability to work with 2nd team, and the fact he's working hard at training camp.

I'm not sold on him at all. Gropeland went out there as the biggest guy on the court, playing the 5 and chomping on small forwards as the main P&R player.

He still has terrible timing and questionable co-ordination, and basically was just playing the same play over and over, because Prigioni made it so easy for him. In a real NBA game, I think he'd be more likely to have 21 turnovers than 21 points.

I mean, on one play in the 4th before he started attacking the basket, he set a screen for the wrong player! I can't remember if it was Novak or Thompson he was screening for, but they had to shoo him away because there was diarrhoea leaking from his brain and the play was ruined! Screened the wrong player! What a f+ck knuckle!

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Just gotta give it to Copeland now, unless Shurna can come in and do something crazy. Still 3 games to go in PreSeason, I think there will be some clear winner.

Kiyaman

Legend
Looks like Copeland likely gets the spot after yesterdays performance.

Aiite .. another performance like that and rookie Copeland will have the big opportunity to carry all of Tyson, Stat, Camby, Kurt, and Rasheed luggage n bags on the road trips this season.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Aiite .. another performance like that and rookie Copeland will have the big opportunity to carry all of Tyson, Stat, Camby, Kurt, and Rasheed luggage n bags on the road trips this season.
Agreed im liking copeland so far he's been impressive.. -_- i wish i could be in the gamethread with you guys... my laptops still getting fixed

smokes

Huge Member
I like Copeland, he's a hard worker and that has usually paid dividends for the Knicks.

We had Toney D who before the shoulder surgery that pretty much ruined his shooting stroke, was ever praised as the "hardest worker on the team" and when his number was called in the 2010-2011 season he performed well above his station.

Bottom line he's not gonna see the court unless it's garbage time or we have a ton of injuries, he keeps working hard and improving his NBA IQ and he'll be useful.