McDyess

rady

Administrator
Staff member
hopefully this is not just something made up by the officials in order to sell more tickets

allan20

Benchwarmer
rady said:
hopefully this is not just something made up by the officials in order to sell more tickets
since we are in september already, we need to sell as much tickets as we can. management lied us to many times, so this could be possible

allan20

Benchwarmer
nj.com.. is that your source? :)
not to reliable i'll say. but if that's true, which i don't think, then it means that lampe and sweetney will get even more time to play

NYK Man8

Benchwarmer
i've seen a thread on basketballboards.net forum, where a guy pretended that he actually spoke to antonio, and he said he's ready to play.
i don't know how reliable this source is, but latley there were lots of rumors saying that mcdyess will start this season
what do you think?

GhostNYK

Benchwarmer
http://msgnetwork.com/content_news....icle&sports=basketball&team=Knicks&league=nba
“I definitely am thinking I’m going to be the same player. I’ll have the explosiveness and quickness I had before I got injured the second time. After the first injury I thought the same thing. I still think I’m going to be the same player. I kind of have feelings during rehab, I’m moving a lot more; things are progressing a lot more.”
--
this should be interesting.. anyone feels optimistic ?

rady

Administrator
Staff member
same thing happened to grant hill and orlando magic, so as much as i want to believe he'll return, i say hold your horsses until we see it with our own eyes. if he returns, i want him to be as good as it was back in the days, and not taking the time of other players
i'm not pessimistic, i just don't want to be dissapointed again

allan20

Benchwarmer
Layden Updates on Antonio :: nyknicks.com

Knicks President and GM Scott Layden gave an update today on the injury situation to Antonio McDyess, saying, "At this point, Antonio McDyess' knee is as healed as it should be ... He's had no setbacks. Indeed, while last season we were measuring his progress month to month, now it's day to day. Layden added, "He'll be playing for this team this year." Regarding Allan Houston's readiness for the season following off-season arthroscopic surgery, Layden said, "I have no worries about Allan. ... He may be limited in some of the early practices, but that's all. He'll be ready."

KnickFan2080

Benchwarmer
WTF

http://nypost.com/sports/knicks/40880.htm
If Antonio McDyess' rehab wasn't confusing enough, it got more ridiculous yesterday when he and Don Chaney made contradictory statements during Media Day.

After Chaney said McDyess can practice with the team any time he says he's ready, Dice said he's being held back by team brass and doctors.

"I don't stop myself, they stop me," McDyess said. "I'm so anxious to get back on the court. If they didn't stop me, I'd be running and trying to practice if it weren't for them. I just try to listen to the doctor. If he says jump, I jump."

Earlier, Chaney said, "We're waiting for him to tell us when he's ready. He's calling the shots."
---
this is getting confusing