Knicks @ 76ers PSG - First look @ Brewer in O&B.

2 Evils: which would you prefer? a groundbreaking questionnaire.

• a thunderous kick to the scrotum.

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • a nipple pierced with a knitting needle.

Votes: 8 72.7%

• Total voters

smokes

Huge Member
He continues to impress game after game and this copeland guy has a knack for getting to the line. I wouldn't mind seeing a bench lineup of

Prigioni
Jr
Novak
Copeland
Camby

this way prigioni and Cope can continue to play the P&R game and you'll have Jr and Novak out on the wings. I know Jr is the go to guy off the bench but he's not always consistent. With prigioni and Cope working the P&R thats another weapon we can have off the bench instead of watching ISO JR every play

Totally agree, can't really be sure about either of them given that its pre-season, but Prig impresses me a lot and Copeland also a bit. I like Copeland constantly pushing to the hoop however gotta remember he's a rookie, he's not going to get a lot of calls.

Only problem with those lineups is where does Kidd go? He's going to be a big part of our success this year I feel.

knickerbocka176

Benchwarmer
althought im not concerned cause its pre season, the defense looks absolutely awful and the offense is absolutely dead. Oh well its no big deal, the lakers are 0-6 so its safe to say pre season isnt really a preview of whats to really come. i expect much better play during the reg season.

smokes

Huge Member
^ yeah I wouldn't be too concerned, Philly are playing with a lot more intensity than almost anyone would bother with in pre-season.

TakMan

Rotation player
I know it's pre-season and all but show some commitment. How often have the Knicks found themselves playing catch-up early on. They need to assert themselves from the start.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
I know it's pre-season and all but show some commitment. How often have the Knicks found themselves playing catch-up early on. They need to assert themselves from the start.

1- Felton needs to be more aggressive in the absence of Amare

&

2-Who steps up and scores for us when melo hits the bench? This shows how important Jr smith is for us. He's not always consistent but he is instant offense and he does have the ability to set up other players and get to the basket

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Totally agree, can't really be sure about either of them given that its pre-season, but Prig impresses me a lot and Copeland also a bit. I like Copeland constantly pushing to the hoop however gotta remember he's a rookie, he's not going to get a lot of calls.

Only problem with those lineups is where does Kidd go? He's going to be a big part of our success this year I feel.

Well kidd can continue starting at the 2 at least until Amare returns. When he returns i'm sure the starting unit will be back to normal & Kidd will return to coming off the bench as our PG with the second unit.

Woody needs to find Prigioni some mins for sure though, he's not a quick PG but he's SMART and always makes the right decisions

I wonder what happens when shump returns, who's losing minutes?

Last edited:

smokes

Huge Member
Well kidd can continue starting at the 2 at least until Amare returns. When he returns i'm sure the starting unit will be back to normal & Kidd will return to coming off the bench as our PG with the second unit.

I wonder what happens when shump returns, who's losing minutes?

But we already have Brewer and JR logging most of the SG minutes.

Rob Low

Rotation player
Novak might've just lost us the game. What was he doing out there for so long? He missed practically every shot he took and whoever he was guarding was just isolating him and scoring. Not to mention him not boxing out and throwing the ball away.

KingCharles34

All Star
I think Kidd will mostly be used as a backup pg but he'll get some minutes at SG if jr, shump, and brewer are all struggling and sometimes late in games/overtime. Woodson has more options then tubegalore

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Welp this ones over, it was a nice comeback effort... we came out sluggish and looked unmotivated.

We need to play better defense, more ball movement, and someone has to step up when Carmelo goes to the bench.

smokes

Huge Member
I think Kidd will mostly be used as a backup pg but he'll get some minutes at SG if jr, shump, and brewer are all struggling and sometimes late in games/overtime. Woodson has more options then tubegalore

Can always count on KS to give me a laugh :beer:

CoolClyde

Knicks played flat, other than remarkable 3rd quarter comeback, fashioned by Feltip and
clutch shooting missing for most of game. If pre-season is to see how players work together,
then Prigger/Copeland looks like best off-the-bench combo. SIGN COPELAND NOW!
especially with STAT gone for who knows how long.

Prigman also getting the ball to Novak, dishing and playing dee better than most starting PG's.
and he's 3rd PG off bench! he looks better than Kidd at this point (guard).

Melo needs to penetrate, but have the know-how when to pass the ball when he's going
against 3 men in the paint. still hasn't gotten that part of game thru his head. maybe being back
in Syracuse made him try harder.

Brewer was mostly invisible, not surprising first game with team. I fear the return of Camby
and STAT not knowing ALL their teammates on the court will render pre-season meaningless.

Novak not shooting well, but taking good shots. one of those games. I assume come regular
season Wood Son won't leave him in if he's ice cold.

Philly played pretty damn well, even without Bynum and Ev Turner. Thad Young looking good.
Philly dee is on, thanks to Coach Collins.

next game is important to get confidence up and to see how Knicks matchup with Nyets
for start of season. get well soon Camby, dammit.

Kiyaman

Legend

Now that's funny lmao .. when the preseason is over u can delete all Woody's comments during training-camp on Knicks Starters.

Felton & Prig performance in the preseason showed to be decent backup PG, the two PG should become our dynamic backcourt tandem bringing energy off the bench to run our 2nd-unit.
I mention throughout offseason we could win with Felton at SG.
Plus ....
The Atlantic Division starting PG are star-caliber guards that will force us to put PG-Kidd in our starting lineup to control the tempo ....
Nets - Deron Williams
Celtics - Rondo
Raptors - Lowry
Sixers - Jrue Holiday
Do u really want to find out how Raymond Felton rate vs the above PG in a regular season game???
I dont...

Kiyaman

Legend
I hope everyone notice in this game vs Philly that Carmelo Anthony cant run a fastbreak .. this is the oil & water part of basketball owner Dolan has no concept about .. the Knicks are trying to mix a drink with a transition-running Amare slowy stir adding a half-court Melo .. Oil & Water have to be kept seperate not mixed together in a lineup .... Woody better accept quickly (ASAP) the Knicks roster are a unit-1 (Stat), and a unit-2 (Melo), a 2-unit rotation team...
One :thumbsup::gony::thumbsup:Two

Rob Low

Rotation player
Denver was always one of the top fastbreaking teams in the league while Melo was there. He can run the fastbreak just fine.