Knicks @ 76ers PSG - First look @ Brewer in O&B.

2 Evils: which would you prefer? a groundbreaking questionnaire.

• a thunderous kick to the scrotum.

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • a nipple pierced with a knitting needle.

Votes: 8 72.7%

• Total voters

Kiyaman

Legend
Denver was always one of the top fastbreaking teams in the league while Melo was there. He can run the fastbreak just fine.

u have it mix up ....
Camby & Spree ran fastbreaks (highlights)
Iverson & Snow ran fastbreaks (highlights)
Kenyon Martin & Kidd ran fastbreaks (highlights)

When Camby, Iverson, and Kenyon Martin were in Denver the trio tried their best to make the Nuggets into a fastbreak team, but we all know who got all the highlights in Denver (Melo dont have 10% of the fastbreak highlights of any of the trio.)...

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Iverson & Snow ran fastbreaks (highlights)

Iverson and McKie, more like.

Not too much to take from this game, or any game for that matter, in which we have a handful of major minute contributors from the bench or the S5 that are out. It leaves a sense of unsureness hanging.

Melo dominates when he feels like it.
Raymond's passing game is better suited to having an interior finisher.
Chandler seems kind of lost - again.
Does White know he has a left hand?

The only thing that was new in this one since the preseason started, was the fact that Woodson apparently gave Novak the green he needed to create a shot off the dribble, and it didn't work. I thought he spent all offseason refining that part of his game. After tonight, it doesn't seem that there'll be a lot of room for him to be any more than he's always been; a spot shooter.

All in all, what's transpired in the last 2 weeks hasn't left any indication other than the fact we'll be approaching the season with less of an understanding of roles and combos that appear to be best for the team.

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
novaks shots were mostly in and outs, probably cause of the different style rims and courts...just wait for him to rain 3's on the hoop in the garden

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Concerns

The game was not available where I live and thus I did not see it. From the posts in this thread, however, it appears that we did not play much defense. From the stats, Felton played well and shot very well, but I do not like the fact that Melo and Felton took 40 shots and the rest of the team only 39. This suggests a lack of meaningful ball movement.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
The game was not available where I live and thus I did not see it. From the posts in this thread, however, it appears that we did not play much defense. From the stats, Felton played well and shot very well, but I do not like the fact that Melo and Felton took 40 shots and the rest of the team only 39. This suggests a lack of meaningful ball movement.

There are eunuchs with more ball movement than the Knicks had against Philly.

nyk_nyk

All Star
These injuries are mucking up the team. The purpose of preseason is to fine tune what you do in practice and to develop a bit of chemistry before the season starts. In our case, these injuries are causing Woodson to use lineups he wouldn't normally use together. He won't know his best situational rotations until everyone is back at full strength. Camby, Sheed and Amare are expected to play major roles when we play teams with skilled bigs. I wouldn't be surprised if we started off lukewarm.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
These injuries are mucking up the team. The purpose of preseason is to fine tune what you do in practice and to develop a bit of chemistry before the season starts. In our case, these injuries are causing Woodson to use lineups he wouldn't normally use together. He won't know his best situational rotations until everyone is back at full strength. Camby, Sheed and Amare are expected to play major roles when we play teams with skilled bigs. I wouldn't be surprised if we started off lukewarm.

Yea I wouldn't be surprised if the Knicks don't look good in the first month because all these players have been out.

Crazy⑧s;250634 said:
There are eunuchs with more ball movement than the Knicks had against Philly.
Hopefully it's just a matter of the team needing time to develop chemistry and not Woodson. He has been known for his iso-ball offense.