The Orange and Blue vs The Black and White- Pre-Season Game Thread

metrocard

Legend
Does anyone feel like Rasheed Wallace's presence on the bench and the locker room will change the demeanor of this team? We won't be punked by the Celtics or Heat. With enforcers like Wallace, Camby, Chandler, Thomas, Brewer and Shumpert...we can't be messed with anymore.

Feels good.

Does anyone feel like Rasheed Wallace's presence on the bench and the locker room will change the demeanor of this team? We won't be punked by the Celtics or Heat. With enforcers like Wallace, Camby, Chandler, Thomas, Brewer and Shumpert...we can't be messed with anymore.

Feels good.
Agreed. Sheed ain't the type to get flustered, or bitched. I also hope he'd get in Amare's fan anytime he is unaware on defense or on the boards.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Good game

the refs were ready to go home they wasn't gonna call that.

Thompson, Sims & Copeland all did great jobs tonight

fun pre-season to watch, all the games were interesting

Next up Knicks vs Brooklyn NOV 1st :gony:

tiger0330

Legend
Pablo Prigioni should get serious consideration to start. Let Felton run the second team with Amar'e.
Surprised to hear you say that. Ray's been pretty good, driving the lane, perimeter shooting, all aspects of the game really. Prig's is fine with the 2nd unit.

Munchen13

Benchwarmer
Nice game by our bench, Knicks are kings of New York, pre-season or not.. we won, and that should boost our players' morale before our official game with them next week.

Pablo is the maaaan!

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
Prigioni/Ginobili has been a backcourt in the past decade that has made Argentina the Silver Basketball Team of the world, originally won gold in 2004, but behind USA overall.

I would consider them Bronze now after Spain in the last 4 or 5 years.

but anyway they played well tonight actually played team ball and good hard team D.

Pablo's legit, Felton looks good, Melo was off but played well and did what your supposed to do when you have an off night, I like Brewers D and intensity on both ends, and Copeland def deserves that 15th spot.

Actually idk why James White ever got a guaranteed contract I actually think with a little more experience Mychal Thompson Jr would be a lot better than White. He seems smart, play tough D, and you can see that when he's comfortable he has a good stroke.

metrocard

Legend
I would consider them Bronze now after Spain in the last 4 or 5 years.

but anyway they played well tonight actually played team ball and good hard team D.

Pablo's legit, Felton looks good, Melo was off but played well and did what your supposed to do when you have an off night, I like Brewers D and intensity on both ends, and Copeland def deserves that 15th spot.

Actually idk why James White ever got a guaranteed contract I actually think with a little more experience Mychal Thompson Jr would be a lot better than White. He seems smart, play tough D, and you can see that when he's comfortable he has a good stroke.

Wargames

Starter
I wonder who we'll sign for the final roster spot. If we sign Wallace, is Cope going to be the 15th man to be signed? 14th?

The knicks are going to likely wait and see who else is dropped from a roster. copeland played great but you never know a real steal(s) might pop up and you would hate if the knicks were already tied down to 15. the beauty of Copelands deal is he is partially guaranteed meaning I don't think another team can swoop in and take him until we revoke him.

Grunwald doing that work.

Forrest17

Rotation player
I still think felton should start.

one reason Prig is playing well might be because he comes off the bench when the game opens up a bit and it fits perfectly to his fluent passing style. He doesn't EVER look to shoot. Even when hes wide open he is looking to pass. I think if he starts a lot the better defenders will be able to contain him a lot more because of his lack of offense so far. Felton is a much more versitle player and offers more as a starter imo.

But I could be wrong.

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
I still think felton should start.

one reason Prig is playing well might be because he comes off the bench when the game opens up a bit and it fits perfectly to his fluent passing style. He doesn't EVER look to shoot. Even when hes wide open he is looking to pass. I think if he starts a lot the better defenders will be able to contain him a lot more because of his lack of offense so far. Felton is a much more versitle player and offers more as a starter imo.

But I could be wrong.

i agree felt should start cus iso-melo ball will hinder prigs style... best prigs comes into a free flowing style with the 2nd unit...cant wait for prigs to JR lobs

I'm not saying the kid is nice I think he has better potential than a 30 year old James White you can disagree but I just don't see whats his use.
I agree, James White hasn't played well in either the SL or preseason. Hopefully he shuts us up and shows us more of his athleticism.

metrocard

Legend
I'm not saying the kid is nice I think he has better potential than a 30 year old James White you can disagree but I just don't see whats his use.

James White is a polished player now and will be able to contribute since he's been playing at a higher level the past 3 years. His passing skills have improved, and he's still one of the most of the athletic players on the team, playing in Europe has made him well rounded and he'll add strong depth because it seems like our wing players are injury prone.

Forrest17, starting Felton will keep this tea mediocre with his turnover prone and eager style of play...Felton never paces himself and the offense is out of rhythm when he's on the floor. Prigioni will keep this team in flow and get easy shots for our guys. Prigioni doesn't look to shoot because he's too busy trying to break down the defense with his sense of direction.

What would Felton do when double teamed?
Turnover

What does Pablo do when doubled team?