2012-13 Pablo Prigioni Player Performance and News Thread

Kiyaman

Legend
Our Wins still lack gellin in the rotation

This thread combination of Pablo & Stat (fresh legs off the bench) need to be givin to coach Woody to give us extra weapons on offense to go with Melo & JR scoring.

I do not like the way Woody been rotating players in our last 10 games, we are 5-5 in our last 10 games with a 23-10 record.

Our starters have a habit of puttin us in a hole in the first half, where we have to dig deep into our bench-players defensive-effort in the final 6 minutes of the 3rd quarter as a come from behind team to even the score by the end of the 3rd quarter .. we been having to many games like this vs mediocre oponents.

We fans do alot of hooray-hooray in the 4th quarter for the scoring of Melo, JR, Felton, and Tyson in crunchtime, forgettin these are the same players our oponents gain a large lead over us in the first-half of the game .. our 6-man starters pick-up little to no fouls in the first half of the game .. is this why the return of Camby was added to the startiing lineup alongside Tyson in the frontcourt?
Why isnt Camby's defensive prowness, with Stat's transition, and Pablo defensive-prowness coming off the bench together as fresh legs added to the rotation? we add JR & Copeland to give us a decent 2nd unit lineup, what u thing? KO Members

We all been preaching about bringing Stat off the bench since our 6 game Win streak at the start of the season .. we havnt preach about the lineup of players to come off the bench with Stat.

I may be wrong about this, but Camby, Stat, Pablo, with JR & Copeland should be givin 6 to 7 minute of playingtime in a lineup on the court to get familiar with each other talents in our rotation .. the 5 bench-players have the dynamic/talents to outscore the majority of their oponents .. Woody need to give the lineup a chance to get consistent playingtime to gell together.

The Melo & Stat lineup need to much time .. because the two stars along with Tyson in the frontcourt has not learn to pass or share the ball down-low to take a big advantage of Knicks oponents .. they are learning at a slow pace, hopefully Kidd & Camby could speed the pace up after the All-Star game.

Starks

Starter
Great vids Crazy and excellent points. Did you ever figure out what happened to your old vids?

metrocard

Legend
If defense wins championship, why isn't Prigioni starting over Felton? Felton is HORRIBLE defensively. One on one and fighting the pick and roll. How many mismatches have we seed because Felton is too lazy to fight a pick and roll? Bench, trade or waive him. His defense will be the death of us.

JaYnYcE

Benchwarmer
If defense wins championship, why isn't Prigioni starting over Felton? Felton is HORRIBLE defensively. One on one and fighting the pick and roll. How many mismatches have we seed because Felton is too lazy to fight a pick and roll? Bench, trade or waive him. His defense will be the death of us.

Because Prigioni is even worse. All of our guards have been playing poor defense for the past month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JaYnYcE

Benchwarmer
Prigioni is a much better defender than Felton.

We can agree to disagree on that notion. The only thing that Prigs does that gets a ton of attention is his risk taking by playing the passing lanes. More often than not tho he's been getting burned. As an on the ball defender they've been getting toast by attacking guards.

metrocard

Legend
We can agree to disagree on that notion. The only thing that Prigs does that gets a ton of attention is his risk taking by playing the passing lanes. More often than not tho he's been getting burned. As an on the ball defender they've been getting toast by attacking guards.

There hasn't been a game this season where Felton has preformed better than Prigioni on defense.
Felton gets lost on the pick and roll and for some reason he has slow feet on defense, where on offense he's quicker. Felton doesn't move going backwards or laterally, he would make a terrible boxer.

Prigioni is more solid defensively and can play the passing lanes.

JaYnYcE

Benchwarmer
There hasn't been a game this season where Felton has preformed better than Prigioni on defense.
Felton gets lost on the pick and roll and for some reason he has slow feet on defense, where on offense he's quicker. Felton doesn't move going backwards or laterally, he would make a terrible boxer.

Prigioni is more solid defensively and can play the passing lanes.

That's not true, Felton was actually playing solid defense as was everyone else on the team during the first half of the season. He got burned a few games but was doing an above average job at keeping his guy in front of him during the 18-5 stretch.

metrocard

Legend
That's not true, Felton was actually playing solid defense as was everyone else on the team during the first half of the season. He got burned a few games but was doing an above average job at keeping his guy in front of him during the 18-5 stretch.

Are you even watching the games or you're being stubborn to your opinion that lacks actually memory of what happen in these games Knicks have won and lost in?

18-5 stretch was due to Kidd/Brewers perimeter defense. When Kidd and Brewer's performance declined so did our defense. Felton had nothing to do with that.

Felton is the weakness in our defense and the fact Chandler hasn't been his best has made the Knicks vulnerable.

Teams shoot lights out against the Knicks from the 3pt line and Felton always loses his man more than he keeps up with him.

He's far from solid, one of the worst defensive PG's in the NBA and an overrated PG at that.

Start Prigioni and let Felton rot on the bench where he belongs, dude should of never been on this team in the first place.

JaYnYcE

Benchwarmer
Are you even watching the games or you're being stubborn to your opinion that lacks actually memory of what happen in these games Knicks have won and lost in?

18-5 stretch was due to Kidd/Brewers perimeter defense. When Kidd and Brewer's performance declined so did our defense. Felton had nothing to do with that.

Felton is the weakness in our defense and the fact Chandler hasn't been his best has made the Knicks vulnerable.

Teams shoot lights out against the Knicks from the 3pt line and Felton always loses his man more than he keeps up with him.

He's far from solid, one of the worst defensive PG's in the NBA and an overrated PG at that.

Start Prigioni and let Felton rot on the bench where he belongs, dude should of never been on this team in the first place.

I have been watching the games and its not stubborn at all. The guy was busting his butt on defense as was everyone else at a certain point this season. At one point he was averaging 1.6 steals per game. Steals aren't the only indicator of a great defender, but it definitely shows that a player has some defensive intelligence to average a steal and a half over a stretch of games. Kidd and Brewer were the better perimeter defenders so that helped elevate the team's defense.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I can live with Felton as the starting PG because every guard we have is struggling defensively. Felton was more aggressive and had more spring to his step before he went down for weeks with that hand injury. We killed him for shooting too much but the team was more active then. He's now half of what he was and it shows. Remember, his aggressiveness will always benefit Tyson. Defensively, its a team issue and one that Woodson has been failing to correct.

skisloper

Starter
I can live with Felton as the starting PG because every guard we have is struggling defensively. Felton was more aggressive and had more spring to his step before he went down for weeks with that hand injury. We killed him for shooting too much but the team was more active then. He's now half of what he was and it shows. Remember, his aggressiveness will always benefit Tyson. Defensively, its a team issue and one that Woodson has been failing to correct.

FELTON 4 assists in 36 minutes.
PRIGIONI 5 assists in 12 minutes,

metrocard

Legend
I have been watching the games and its not stubborn at all. The guy was busting his butt on defense as was everyone else at a certain point this season. At one point he was averaging 1.6 steals per game. Steals aren't the only indicator of a great defender, but it definitely shows that a player has some defensive intelligence to average a steal and a half over a stretch of games. Kidd and Brewer were the better perimeter defenders so that helped elevate the team's defense.

Shout out to Raymond playing the passing lanes earlier in the season, you're right there.
I just hate Felton, I feel like I'm the only here who was in rage when we signed him.

If you're cool with Raymond Felton at PG, ask yourself this.

What is Raymond Felton's playoff resume?

Felton has been a full time PG, starting PG. But look at the teams he lead in his career.

05-06 Bobcats - 56 losses
06-07 Bobcats - 49 losses
07-08 Bobcats - 50 losses
08-09 Bobcats - 47 losses
09-10 Bobcats - 38 losses (additions of Tyson Chandler, Stephen Jackson, Boris Diaw, Raja Bell, and were ranked the best defensive rated team that season, plus Felton had a good year as PG, probably his best low turnovers and shot the ball well and played the best defense of his life)
10-11 Knicks - 40 losses (Felton started off great but stunk so bad he got traded to Denver to play back up)
11-12 Blazers - 28-38 record. Felton stank, and Portland fans never wanted to see him again.

Felton is a losing player.
Jamal Crawford/Eddy Curry type flow.
Felton has skill and talent, but it's not harnessed to a level where it can elevate a team.

He's not only expendable, but Knicks would be a better team if they replaced Raymond.

Bobcats dropped Ray, and eventually ended up with Kemba Walker, star sophmore PG in the East.
Blazers dropped Ray, and eventually ended up with Damian Lillard, star rookie PG in the West.

Maybe it's our turn to get a young star PG to elevate this team, and not keep it mediocre and weak. This is a PG's league. If you don't have LeBron James on your team, you better have a damn good PG.

How you think Dallas exposed the Lakers in the playoffs when Dallas won their championship? Barea ate Derek Fisher alive. Spurs have Tony Parker, Thunder has Russell Westbrook. If you don't have a star PG, and no LeBron, theres no chance to compete the elite level. Melo is great, but can we really believe that Melo can do it by himself? When will we come to reality?

suprising everybody with his 3sssssssssss

Prigioni is about that life

nyk_nyk

All Star
Felton at his best is better than Prig at his best. Pablo takes less chances on offense and therefore has the ability to show flashes of more production in limited minutes BUT this team needs an aggressive PG since that's what benefits Chandler and our shooters. For a strictly half court game, maybe Pablo is your guy but either way he's still not an NBA caliber starter and in my opinion is marginal at best at 35 yrs old.

FYI - Knicks would be a much better team if they were fully healthy and played with more effort consistently. It's that simple.

metrocard

Legend
Felton at his best is better than Prig at his best. Pablo takes less chances on offense and therefore has the ability to show flashes of more production in limited minutes BUT this team needs an aggressive PG since that's what benefits Chandler and our shooters. For a strictly half court game, maybe Pablo is your guy but either way he's still not an NBA caliber starter and in my opinion is marginal at best at 35 yrs old.

FYI - Knicks would be a much better team if they were fully healthy and played with more effort consistently. It's that simple.

You never seen Prigioni at his best so this post holds no weight.

skisloper

Starter
Wow, you took stats from ONE game to make a point. Brilliant!

Better yet lets put blinders on to Felton....
I am by no way saying Prigioni should start but he should get at least 18 minutes....
The guy plays serious defense and he is a pass first PG.........
Felton would be at most a back-up on any other team .
It is just pure stupidity for Woodson not to use Prigioni more.....
Woodson is coaching scared rather then being aggressive.

skisloper

Starter
Felton in 36 minutes averages 6 assists per game.
Prigioni in 12 minutes averages 3 assists per game.

There is no doubt Prigioni cannot play that many minutes BUT for you to say we need an aggressive PG as it helps Chandler and our shooters then if thats the case why only 6 assists per game....

metrocard

Legend
Better yet lets put blinders on to Felton....
I am by no way saying Prigioni should start but he should get at least 18 minutes....
The guy plays serious defense and he is a pass first PG.........
Felton would be at most a back-up on any other team .
It is just pure stupidity for Woodson not to use Prigioni more.....
Woodson is coaching scared rather then being aggressive.

Per 36

Prigioni
8.5 PPG
7.3 APG
4.1 RPG
2.3 SPG
45% FG
40% 3PT

Felton
15.6 PPG
6.4 APG
1.3 SPG
3.0 RPG
40% FG
34% 3PT

I truely believe Prigioni can make a better starter than Felton, especially since Prigoni will get better since he's getting used to the NBA from Europe, kinda like how Calderon improved throughout his career because Calderon's rookie season also averaged 8.4 PPG and 7.3 APG per 36 minute in his rookie season.

to me, Prigioni is Calderon with defense.