Votes: 17 77.3%
  • Good, but not good enough to rely on when Melo is off

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Not impressed

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters

Paul1355

All Star
The bench looks solid. Take into account we have injuries plaguing our team and the bench was the reason we stayed in games.

When Melo can't score, other guys have to step up and the bench has taken over that duty.

Now that guys like Camby, JR, and eventually Wallace will join the bench, we will have a deep team.

Pablo Prigioni is a legit point guard and his 11 assists last game was no joke.

Copeland should play when Pablo plays, those two should be inseparable.

Our bench has kept us in games in the preseason and it will be paramount when Melo is having off shooting nights like against the Nets

Bench of Pablo, Smith, Novak, Copeland, Camby/Thomas is pretty good guys. And its good because Pablo is a legit PG that can distribute....Smith, Novak and Cope can score....and Camby/Thomas can hit the mid range jumper while playing post D and rebounding.

Solid team...we just have to hold our breath that we stay healthy.

How do you guys feel about our bench?

CoolClyde

solid. it's all about the health of the team.

when STAT, Chandler, Melo, Felton, Brewer start, the bench is

PG: Kidd, Prigger
SG: JR
SF: Novak, Copeland
PF/C: Camby/Thomas

+ White/Sheed/Shump

-The Knicks have the best 2-3 PG punch in the league with Kidd/Prig running the 2nd unit,
able to find Novakaine - one of the best lights out shooters in the NBA
-Camby, one of the best blockers in the league, shoring up the paint.
-JR poised to be one of the best 6th men in the league, Wood Son aiming to maintain that bench power
-Prig/Copeland - the best thing to come out of pre-season
-Thomas - nothing to sneeze at

When Shump's back, Brewer bolsters the bench in a solid defensive way.

a healthy Knicks team has the healthiest bench in the league... nuff said.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
The Knicks when healthy have the potentially the best bench in the league in my opinion.

You guys have a hall of famer in Kidd another experience vet playmaker in Pablo

JR is instant offense 6th man of the year material when he's on

Novak one of the top shooters in the world

When Shump gets back and Brewer comes off the bench there's an elite wing defender out there

3 excellent post defenders in Camby, Thomas, and Wallace. Plus Camby is a good shot blocker.

Coming from a Laker fan who's bench looks like trash this year I think you guys have an amazing bench, the only thing thats missing is a knockdown shooter at the 2 or 3 imo.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE

+ White/Sheed/Shump

-The Knicks have the best 2-3 PG punch in the league with Kidd/Prig running the 2nd unit,
-JR poised to be one of the best 6th men in the league, Wood Son aiming to maintain that bench power

This pretty sums it all up. Agree with everything. Best bench in 2012-2013 babbbbyyyyyyyy. MOBB DEEP 2.0

Starks

Starter
If only Amare would be cool with coming off the bench, I think we would have the deepest team in the league. I liked Melo at PF. I also thought that Stat playing w/o Melo and Tyson is the quickest way to jump start his game and give him the confidence he's missed last season. Of course this will never happen.

Kiyaman

Legend
I like our offseason pickups to a certain point .. I dont like the idea of all our offseason pickups were selected to be role-players to a 48 minute Carmelo Anthony.

We did not pickup a SF to backup Melo in the offseason, and coach Woody has not mention to the media or sports announcers the great hustling-job Copeland has perform at the SF position on both sides of the court throughout the preseason .. Woody has turned into a "yes-yes" man to Melo running the team (aassss-kissser).

At the backup center we added a better all-around bigman than Tyson in Marcus Camby.
At the backup PG we added a top Magic Johnson team-leader type player in Jason Kidd to backup a tier-2 PG-Raymond Felton.
At the starting SG spot we added 2 players to chose from, both are one dimensional type players in Brewer's defense or JR.Smith's scoring.
SG-Iman Shumpert showed great 6th-man experience during the Lin-Sanity era, Shump never showed any signs of being a starter during rookie season. Why Shump was made a starter? or why so many peeps assume Shump is a NBA starter beats the hell out of me.
At the PF spot we added Novak, Kurt Thomas, and a great player/coach in Rasheed Wallace, with hope of D.League players PF-Shurna or PF-Copeland making the team in preseason. Why so many PF and F/C players were added this offseason?
At the SF spot we did not add one ledgit backup SF to replace Super-Star Carmelo Anthony in the offseason .. I recall the Marbury era where we never added a backup to replace Super-Star Marbury.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
At full strength i feel The Knicks bench is very strong

Kidd/Prigioni
Jr smith/Shump ( i doubt shump is rushed into the starting lineup anytime soon)
Novak/White
Sheed/Copeland?
Camby/Thomas

What i like about our bench is each player is actually useful and can bring something to the game once they step on the court.

Paul1355

All Star
I like our offseason pickups to a certain point .. I dont like the idea of all our offseason pickups were selected to be role-players to a 48 minute Carmelo Anthony.

We did not pickup a SF to backup Melo in the offseason, and coach Woody has not mention to the media or sports announcers the great hustling-job Copeland has perform at the SF position on both sides of the court throughout the preseason .. Woody has turned into a "yes-yes" man to Melo running the team (aassss-kissser).

At the backup center we added a better all-around bigman than Tyson in Marcus Camby.
At the backup PG we added a top Magic Johnson team-leader type player in Jason Kidd to backup a tier-2 PG-Raymond Felton.
At the starting SG spot we added 2 players to chose from, both are one dimensional type players in Brewer's defense or JR.Smith's scoring.
SG-Iman Shumpert showed great 6th-man experience during the Lin-Sanity era, Shump never showed any signs of being a starter during rookie season. Why Shump was made a starter? or why so many peeps assume Shump is a NBA starter beats the hell out of me.
At the PF spot we added Novak, Kurt Thomas, and a great player/coach in Rasheed Wallace, with hope of D.League players PF-Shurna or PF-Copeland making the team in preseason. Why so many PF and F/C players were added this offseason?
At the SF spot we did not add one ledgit backup SF to replace Super-Star Carmelo Anthony in the offseason .. I recall the Marbury era where we never added a backup to replace Super-Star Marbury.

Copeland is a legit NBA player at this point while Shurna is not even in the conversation. Copeland should make the team and can be that scoring forward off the bench.

Also when Shump is healthy is should be a starter. He is one of the best defenders in the league with the ability to slash and his jump shot has been improving. If his shot has consistency then he can be an all star since he brings so much to a team.

nyk_nyk

All Star

+ White/Sheed/Shump

Totally agree! With that said, Mr. "I hateNY" Barkley says the Nets have a better bench than the Knicks today on ESPN radio. I couldn't believe he said it! If someone actually challenges him on that he's going to look real bitter trying to explain himself.

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
Totally agree! With that said, Mr. "I hateNY" Barkley says the Nets have a better bench than the Knicks today on ESPN radio. I couldn't believe he said it! If someone actually challenges him on that he's going to look real bitter trying to explain himself.

I can see him slobbering now trying to explain this BS:barf::hoops:. The bastard could not win a title with Dream and Clyde enough said. He is famous now for a horrible golf swing and even more horrible T-Mobile commercials with DPlayed. This is a poor attempt of trying to stir up NY and to stay relevant.

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer

Yea, that's the problem with most team's thinking is that I have an all star at the position, with no injury history, I'm not going to invest too much into it. Happened with Kidd in NJ and Phoenix. It's economics. I mean, brass is thinking Novak, JR, Brewer, Shump, Kidd can buy Melo a blow here and there. Melo love fest, and pundits think, Kidd, Chandler can keep him straight, but with their history firmly set in place with Dallas, how much of their persona do they want to sacrifice to put Melo in his place if Melo don't listen. Though Kidd has tons of cred around the league, but how much is he willing to baby sit Melo, especially with his place firmly cemented on Dallas' brass ring. How badly does he want another. I think the key to Melo, is going to be Kidd and how much he can improve Melo's team work....

LeFlume

All Star
Solid enough to carry us during the regular season. I don't see them having much of an impact during a playoff run..

The bench of the Knicks could be stupid good, there is so much depth, flexibility & knowledge of the game for it not to be strong and one of the best in the entire league.

Injuries are the biggest concern for the Knicks forget age forget chemistry if this Knicks team has 85-90% of its squad for majority of games the Knicks are going places this year.

From what I have seen in the early games and whilst I know most teams have only played one or two games the Knicks on potential have a lot more to
offer than Sixers even with Bynum, Pacers have nothing, Nets have a big front court but two ball hogs in backcourt, Celtics starters are old which I think will be a concern for them.

Expect the Mobbdeep Knicks bench to actually win games for the Knicks I almost think they will be more crucial at times than the starters.

Knickswag.com for everything Knicks

TheScowl

Rookie
I see people saying we got no backup for Melo, but brewer is 6-7 235, he can play the 3, esp. when Shump gets back. Novak is a shooter not a PF, can't guard either but can log minutes at the 3 depending on opponent.

knickerbocker12

Benchwarmer
"If someone calls me tomorrow, I don't care who it is, whether it's losing or winning at this point," Kenyon Martin said. "If someone calls me tomorrow and wants me to come in, I'm going."

let's do it.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
"If someone calls me tomorrow, I don't care who it is, whether it's losing or winning at this point," Kenyon Martin said. "If someone calls me tomorrow and wants me to come in, I'm going."

let's do it.

I would love a back up of of Martin's caliber but we're currently full at 15 men right now. I don't see the team cutting Cope, he worked hard for his spot.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
I agree. Missing one more star player to take the defensive focus of Melo for a deep playoff run

Thats why I think Amare should play most of his minutes with th 2nd unit but still start so if him and Melo get that chemistry down you have a good one two punch to start halfs but then Amare plays mostly with the 2nd unit so they have a go to scorer.