OT: James Harden traded to Rockets

CA7

Scoring Champ
Desperate to make a splash is this team!

This will either prove to be a Grand Slam off season for them or one of the worst ever.

Potential is no doubt there with young players like Harden,Lin,Parsons and Asik...yet in 3 years 3 out of four of those guys will be making 14+ million...that's bout as much as Miami got Bosh Wade and Lebron to sign for. if those players don't perform...lets just say Isiah would look smart compared to their GM!

Lin makes 8/8/8 for Houston due to their cap space when he sign the offer sheet.

Asik is somewhat the same.

Harden has a full max deal coming

Parsons is good

I wanna see where this goes

smokes

Huge Member
Lin makes 8/8/8 for Houston due to their cap space when he sign the offer sheet.

Asik is somewhat the same.

Harden has a full max deal coming

Parsons is good

I wanna see where this goes

Nah mate Lin and Asik are both on 5/5/15 deals. Come 2014 that team is going to be in cap hell.

Forrest17

Rotation player
I think OKC was stupid for making this trade and not trying to go for Dwight howard.

What did the magic get in the Howard trade?... NOTHING.

What did OKC get in this trade? Nothing that will make them better than the heat.

If OKC had called the magic and said "Listen, well send you Harden and a couple draft picks and you send us howard" They would have done that in a second. And everyone would have been better off.

Not that I care. But It just doesn't make sense to me why OKC is just fine with what they have when they had the pieces to easily become a lot better. Or why the magic were fine with getting completely screwed over

I think OKC was stupid for making this trade and not trying to go for Dwight howard.

What did the magic get in the Howard trade?... NOTHING.

What did OKC get in this trade? Nothing that will make them better than the heat.

If OKC had called the magic and said "Listen, well send you Harden and a couple draft picks and you send us howard" They would have done that in a second. And everyone would have been better off.

Not that I care. But It just doesn't make sense to me why OKC is just fine with what they have when they had the pieces to easily become a lot better. Or why the magic were fine with getting completely screwed over
Word. Harden would've been way better for Orlando than Afflalo. I seriously think that trade was rigged somehow by Stern, that trade made absolutely no sense to me from Orlando's point of view.

tiger0330

Legend
The Beard had an insane first game for the Rockets, 37 pts and 12 assists. Let's see what KMart does but I think the OKC fans are going to be real salty about this trade.

Forrest17

Rotation player
All that trading and looks like the Rockets GM finally did something right and built a base.

Harden starting he can be a star franchise player. If they get a legit player in the front court and a few more bench contributers which they can do in as soon as one off season then they can be a dangerous team

OKC was so stupid. Trading a star player for a bunch of midround talent :teeth:

tiger0330

Legend
All that trading and looks like the Rockets GM finally did something right and built a base.

Harden starting he can be a star franchise player. If they get a legit player in the front court and a few more bench contributers which they can do in as soon as one off season then they can be a dangerous team

OKC was so stupid. Trading a star player for a bunch of midround talent :teeth:
Yeah, the Rox are in good shape. They haven't mortgaged their future either because they were stockpiling picks to get someone like Harden or Dwight so they still have picks in the future. They also have cap room for a near max player if they go into the FA market this off-season. If Lin turns out to be a good player then they might have one of the top 5 back courts in the NBA.

CoolClyde

hotdamn! after Jimmy Hardon's first game as a Rocket, I have to eat my words. more power to him
as a starting shooting guard, and more power to Jeremy Lin to be all he can be.

unbelievable inaugural game for the beard!

metrocard

Legend
Harden has an special hybridability (I made up this word, yes) of strength/agility/quickness/poise/technique

Watching Harden play is like watching Floyd Mayweather box 9 rounds. It's a sweet science.

Question is now:

Who would you rather have...

Harden....

or....

Anthony?

Ghostowl

Benchwarmer
Harden has an special hybridability (I made up this word, yes) of strength/agility/quickness/poise/technique

Watching Harden play is like watching Floyd Mayweather box 9 rounds. It's a sweet science.

Question is now:

Who would you rather have...

Harden....

or....

Anthony?

Harden vs. Anthony

Harden
+ Unselfish/Assists/Passes to teammates
+ Can penetrate better
+ Youth
+ More efficient shots

Anthony
+Better jumpshots (well at least in the area Melo owns anyway)

Harden doesn't stop the offensive rhythm and actually has defense. Anthony is more all-star in terms of name value, and less in actual performance. Thats my 2 cents anyway