Knicks NOT old. A team in their prime!

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
I know your all concerned with the playoff injury curse of the past 2 years. But we have been terribly unlucky, besides who has serious injury concerns in this team other than STAT? We aren't relying on injury ridden players to provide us depth and we are MUCH deeper than the last 2 years.

petescud

Starter
They look at us as old as we can't expect Kidd to play 35 min a night....no **** sherlock... Though Woodson knows all too well what to do with these guys. Sadly we get little respect. If we don't win a championship we get no respect

mafra

Legend
It really bears repeating, awesome thread! I am out in LA so I was stuck watching a Mavericks telecast of last night's game. And right away they were discussing how "old" the Knicks roster is. You would have thought they were talking about our top 3 scoring options! Let people continue to think this team needs 15 walking canes, it'll make it all the sweeter when we roll over their squad!

I LOVE THE LETHAL WEAPONS!

Thanks for the kind thoughts guys; I enjoy this site, and love talking about my beloved Knicks. I go back to B-King & Rory Sparrow days...

Anyway, I think the lazy national media just concentrates on the 3-headed Cerberus that is Camby-Thomas-Wallace. Sure, these guys should be in an incontinence ad selling adult diapers... But the truth is these are complimentary, role parts.

These 3 vet cats are an insurance policy, filling a void while Amar'e recovers. They also bring leadership. It takes strong personalities like these guys to keep Carmelo-Smith in check. Camby even played with them in the past.

In the playoffs, this Kraken will harrass Bosh. 12 fouls to give. And, on any given night... a 4th scoring option or something. Already Wallace is showing he has some game left. Can drain the 3 and score in the post.

ALSO... the Knicks decided to let LIN walk. He was seen as a young player you build around. It's perceived that we went from LIN to KIDD, thus getting older. Sure, we brought in Felton... but he's fat, so the consensus goes.

Well, bringing Felton back does 2 things:

1) We cannot bemoan the trade anymore. Who would trade Carmelo right now to DEN for Mozgov-Gallinari-Chandler? Not I.

2) Did you see what Felton did in the 1st game against MIA, then what Lin did last night vs MIA?

We went with Felton over LIN for the simple fact that DOLAN wants to win this year and next, and maybe in year 3. Felton made more sense, and was cheaper. We would have brought LIN back until he tried to suck out a few extra million. That tipped the scale.

IN the playoffs, we will be better suited with Felton running the pcik and roll, and with his defense, as opposed to having LIN.

Did this sacrifice something for the 2015 season? Perhaps.

But we are in WIN NOW mode. Felton is the safer bet.

So we did not go from Lin to KIDD. We went from Lin-Douglas to Felton-Kidd-Pablo. We went from scoring PGs, to real, pass-1st PGs.

But this season rests on the scoring and consistency of Carmelo Anthony (batman) and his sidekick, JR Smith (Robin).

Carmelo is playing for posterity. He wants a ring and to remake his image (ala Dirk). He is 100% focused on that, and this means he must be a complete player. Rebound, defense, pass... everything.

JR is playing for a lifetime cushion. a BIG contract. So, same with Melo. Time to be an all-around complete player.

This is where Kidd, Camby, Kurt & Sheed come in. Keep this 2 in check; push them to maximize their natural ability. Make it happen.

We have the shooting and front court to compliment the skills of these 2 playmakers. We have wing defenders (Shump & Brewer). The final piece of the puzzle will be to incorporate the 3rd scoring option... Amar'e.

I think the unselfish, all-around play of JR Smith & Carmelo, along with pass-1st PGs (Felton, Kidd, Pablo)... this will bring out the best in Amare.

Get Amar'e 4 dunks a night will boost his confidence, leading to his smooth mid range knock down game.

STAT & TC dunking; Shump & brewer stifling, NOvak draining, and 'Melo-Smith playmaking... We wont look so old come June!