Dolan and the Lin saga

smokes

Huge Member
Do you guys still think Dolan made a mistake in the way he handled the Lin situation? Did Dolan make a good move for once?

The way our PG trio is playing I'm certainly not upset that we got rid of Lin.

smokes

Huge Member
I'd like to see Dolan making intelligent basketball decisions, we need it to get to the next level.

knickerbocka176

Benchwarmer
honestly, i like the situation we're in, we have three pass first point guards and a shooting guard in smith whose play making has improved drastically, lin was a guy who yes mad the right pass here and there but made the wrong pass most of the time, we now have balanced scoring, passing, and less turnovers with him gone. We now have smart guard play with him gone. WE GOOOD.

The whole situation was not handled well, but just remember, the Knicks aren't sitting around right now, saying "Man, we wish we still had Jeremy Lin". As of right before the season, Jeremy Lin was pretty much saying "Man, I wish I was still in New York." So, in my opinion, it's pretty hard to say our management is who eff'ed up. Any which way, it doesn't matter, we got our team and it is good. The Lin thing is done.

knicksin60

Starter
Not giving Lin atleast a max contract was a worse move than the Eddy Curry for two draft picks trade.Jeremy Lin was the guy that was going to carry the Knicks past the Miami Heat in the ECF.The pgs of the Knicks are playing good basketball right now but none of those guys are going to be as good as Chris Paul or D.Rose in the next upcoming years the way that Lin will be.The Knicks and the Thunder just gave the Houston Rockets a free trip to the NBA finals by allowing one of their best players to sign with them.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Why the hell are we still talking about this?

These are two things we cannot change!

Jim Dolan is an egomaniacal idiot. This much we all know. Let's stop beating the dead horse.

Jeremy Lin is in Houston. Like it or not, that's where he is, so why are we still talking about him? I love him as a player to death and I think he's going to be very successful in this league (I think he's going to put up Jameer Nelson-esque statlines, which is pretty good for an undrafted guy, and would make him by far the best Asian-American to ever play in the NBA which is cool), but he's not a Knick!

In other words, **** him!

Forrest17

Rotation player
I think it was more of Grunwalds decision than anything. And it was a good one. Giving Lin the money would mean next to no flexibilty to try to make any cap manipulating moves to bring anyone in. And if he didn't work out we would be ****ed. Felton was a more proven NBA talent and is an overall better, more consistent player.

I like lin but he is a tim tebow type player. You only play him if you don't have the ability to get anyone else. He can make things exciting and you can win games based on hoping for the best but its not a good thing to bring on yourself by choice.

He plays scarred too often. He looks very intimidated in houston at times. I noticed he doesn't attack as much. The last game the rockets played he just sat back and passed it to someone else before even going through the three point line. Against good defensive guards Lin is awful. And can't take care of the ball. Felton can. Hes good for atleast 12pts and 6 assists every night, where as lin can give you a completely no show sometimes and do absolutely nothing like he just did, only putting in 4 points and 5 assists or something like that.

carlito1171

Rookie
I think he handled the Lin Situation very well....no need to give that amount of money to an unproven PG who was inexperienced, had ~20 starts of fame, can't keep his dribble, doesn't attack the rim with any force, and wouldn't play when he was "85%" and we had no PG's left.

This team is built to win now, with a short window of opportunity. I'm glad we signed the vets Felton and Kidd. We couldn't wait to see if Lin would grow into his contract.

Not giving Lin atleast a max contract was a worse move than the Eddy Curry for two draft picks trade.Jeremy Lin was the guy that was going to carry the Knicks past the Miami Heat in the ECF.The pgs of the Knicks are playing good basketball right now but none of those guys are going to be as good as Chris Paul or D.Rose in the next upcoming years the way that Lin will be.The Knicks and the Thunder just gave the Houston Rockets a free trip to the NBA finals by allowing one of their best players to sign with them.

Not even close, because you're over hyping Lin. Yes Lin is good, but he wasn't worth gutting salary for the future. The Rockets are playing good ball right now, but if they make the playoffs, they're a first round team, nothing more.

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★

Is this a joke? Lin and Harden will never get to a finals that team is missing so much. They will need to add another good defensive big and another go to guy.

That smash and dash **** Lin does will not work in the playoffs when teams tighten up. The heat clamped down on Lin and Novak last season and turned them both into ghost:2cents:

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
And Novak got his revenge on the Heat by embarrassing them on National TV.

Look, I love Jeremy Lin as much as anybody, and the Knicks could have kept him (because cap flexibility isn't an issue, since they have no cap, plus the "stretch provision" in the CBA would have effectively nullified his cap hit), but they chose not to, and it's history. Dolan is an idiot. Woodson wanted to keep him, Grunwald wanted to keep him, but Dolan didn't, so that was that, and there's no use talking about it.

I still think he's going to become a great player, but we'll see.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Yeah I was really wanting jermey lee to stay as the knicks pg.He is young and plays very smart on the court.The way he handled his contract with the knicks was not classy at all.He got a contract by the rockets and he went straight to the knicks and said if you beat this offer then I will stay a knick.Well the knicks beat the rockets offer and gave him a better deal BUT what does he do.He goes back to the rockets b/c he knew they would beat the knicks offer which they did and he signed with them.He lied to the knicks and got more money but he got his contract and now is a rocket.I wish nothing but the best for him!

TakMan

Rotation player
Meanwhile in Houston, another loss for the rockets and another 3+ turnover performance from the elite PG that is Jeremy Lin. He must be the first elite player to be shooting 38% in fg and 29% from three, combined with 3.2 TO p.g.

Why are we still talking about this guy. Good for him for blagging such a contract after only 20 games, too bad for the rockets. We're 4-0 up and Lin has nothing to do with this.

You gotta love the team we've got at the moment. Every single player.

uber

Benchwarmer
honestly, i like the situation we're in, we have three pass first point guards and a shooting guard in smith whose play making has improved drastically, lin was a guy who yes mad the right pass here and there but made the wrong pass most of the time, we now have balanced scoring, passing, and less turnovers with him gone. We now have smart guard play with him gone. WE GOOOD.

VSELQ.gif

I hope this is a joke, because if not you just lost all credibility on this board