Mike Brown Fired

tiger0330

Legend
Mike Brown fired by Lakers

Lakers fire coach Mike Brown

By Marc J. Spears and Adrian Wojnarowski | Yahoo! Sports ? 21 minutes ago

After losing four of five games to start the season, the Los Angeles Lakers fired coach Mike Brown on Friday.
Brown's agent, Warren LeGarie confirmed the firing, saying Brown had informed him of his dismissal. Assistant coach Bernie Bickerstaff will serve as interim coach while the Lakers search for a long-term replacement.
It is unclear whether the organization will make a run at bringing back Phil Jackson, but one candidate prominently being discussed as a long-term possibility: Mike D'Antoni.
D'Antoni has been without a job since leaving the New York Knicks in 2011. D'Antoni had knee replacement surgery in the past couple weeks and is not yet on his feet. Would still need time to rehabilitate before he could go back to work.
Indiana Pacers assistant Brian Shaw also could become a candidate ? though that's a dicier proposition, given the acrimony that ensued between the Lakers front office and Shaw after the team chose to replace Jackson with Brown over Shaw.
USA Today first reported Brown's firing.
In conversations on Thursday, Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak made a case to Lakers owner Jerry Buss and executive vice president Jim Buss to give Brown more time before deciding to fire him, sources told Y! Sports. Brown also made a case to management that he could get the Lakers into championship contention, sources said.
Lakers ownership made clear that buying out the remaining three years on Brown's original $18 million four year contract wasn't an obstacle to making a coaching change.
Within the organization, there was a sense that Brown has frayed his connection to the locker room with long practices and game-day shootarounds, sources said. Brown began to address that issue recently with shortened sessions.
The irony is that Jerry Buss' son who runs the day-to-day operations of the franchise, Jim ? and not Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak ? was the primary advocate in the hiring of Brown and the firing of him. Kupchak was partial to Rick Adelman as a replacement, sources said. Nevertheless, the Buss family lost patience with the team's sluggish start to the Princeton offense, and didn't accept the excuses of a weak bench with such a star-studded starting five of Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol, Dwight Howard and Steve Nash.
Nash is sitting out with a broken bone in his foot, and won't return to the lineup until later this month.

tiger0330

Legend
It's a dream job for D'Antoni, however I am not sure his rep was not irreparably damaged with the Knicks.

Dants said he would take the year off but if the Lakers come calling he's going.

bigapple

Starter
LA is diffrent world than rest of NBA.

Spoelstra was also on hot seat when Wade and James sux and got problems with them for much longer time then he decided to let them play what they want but it was really long time
this is proof that it should be called Los Angeles Bryant .

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
he was destined to be fired

kobe-death-stare-mike-brown.gif

CoolClyde

rumors be circulatin that D'amntoni and his greaser crew may take over the Laker coaching slot.
that would be intristing. more reason to root for them to FAIL.

smokes

Huge Member
rumors be circulatin that D'amntoni and his greaser crew may take over the Laker coaching slot.
that would be intristing. more reason to root for them to FAIL.

It would be really interesting to see what D'Antoni would do with such a stacked team.

Wargames

Starter
It would be really interesting to see what D'Antoni would do with such a stacked team.

dude they are not stacked but they might have the PG's to run his system in Nash and Duhon. But lack of defense, D'antoni's willingness to run players into the ground, and lack of depth... they don't win it all. In fact them talking about D'antoni means to me they don't think they have a contending team but need to get wins season to appease they fans while they improve their team.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
As if Kobe would sit back and watch Nash and Howard run the majority of plays in MDA's P&R paradise.

D'Antoni's the most stubborn old prick ~ no way.

Forrest17

Rotation player
Anyone but d'antoni would be good for the Lakers.

They are one of the thinnest line ups out there imo. But their starting 5 is absolutely beastly. They just have NO ONE to come off the bench. So they need to take it easy and get through the season healthy. D'Antoni will overplay all of them and run the team out.

Its not like there is any reason for him to do it either. I don't get it. We still score over a hundred points a game easily. Yet we play an 11 man rotation without having to run up and down the court like maniacs.

knicksin60

Starter
If D'antoni becomes their headcoach expect Ronoranina, Toons and jpz17 to become LAL fans.

I would love to watch the Lakers finish last in team defense, watch a third of their roster sit on the bench for the rest of the season, watch Dwight Howard and Pau Gasol challenge Kyle Korver and Ray Allen for most 3pt fgs attempted, watch them experience late 4th quarter collapses and watch them get swept in the playoffs.

Nothing is better than to watch a franchise that is known to have one of the biggest bandwagons in professional sports and a franchise who other teams give away their franchise players to become one big circus by the hiring of one man.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Hey be it Phil Jackson or Mike Dantoni it is bound to create a rivalry with us.

Dantoni would now get to prove that he can actually coach (although he would have to deal with the "can't do it without Nash" argument) and our players (read Melo) just could not get it done.

Phil Jackson called our roster "clumsy" because we did not consider hiring him when Dantoni was fired or walked away.

A matchup with either on Christmas would have a very interesting story line to it.

Both coaches would no doubt hear boos in MSG and both would have to answer questions about Melo's good play (although Phil would just say it is because Amare is out).

Dantoni in LA would produce an offensive monster now imagine that against what Woody is producing with our Defense!

"Irresistable Force vs Immovable Object"

Yet Phil vs. Woody would create a matchup of a blue collar coach vs a Marquee Celebrity coach (to quote Kiya). Mike Woodson would represent coaches like Mike Brown who's style of coaching and personality does not fit the mold of Flashy Laker Coaches.

Phil vs. Woody to former Knick players going at it.

Mike D. vs. Woody assistant coaching thriving in the job the man he served under could not suceed in

Can't wait til they choose one of these two

My Darkhorse coach canidate....Pat Riley (don't rule it out!)

KingCharles34

All Star
Everybody please forgive me and I forgive anybody who neg reps me but I actually think Dantoni would be a good fit as coach of the Lakers

:redface: