CA7 Presents: New York Knicks @ San Antonio Spurs Game Thread

metrocard

Legend
That was a very frustrating close to the first half but I think if we play like this in the 2nd half we have a good chance to win. Just gotta be a little more disciplined on defense. We were doing good there for most of the 2nd quarter but then Tony Parker got going.

The f*ckin refs have had it out for us all damn year, not trying to make excuses for Melo but this guy gets hit every game and doesnt get to the free throw line nearly as much as he should. I cant believe he hasnt even taken a free throw in the 1st half

Reminds me of the days when Starbury use to penetrate to the basket strong without flopping on the floor but never got the calls because it was such a strong drive he use to move the big man.

Thats kind of what Melo does, Melo doesn't flop or act...so refs won't buy it.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Reminds me of the days when Starbury use to penetrate to the basket strong without flopping on the floor but never got the calls because it was such a strong drive he use to move the big man.

Very true +1

CoolClyde

holy sh*it, what a first half. i'm worried if knicks ain't hittin the big shots, the lack of ball movement's gonna hurt em, unlike the Spurms who are ALL ball movement. Duncan is just unstoppable, everything he throws up goes in. Knicks were containing colonel Parker, until 2nd half when he decided to start driving the paint. Knicks D picked up, but Spurms still seem to be the hungrier team on the boards.

Melo being outmuscled by entire SA squad, ball movement will solve that problem. Melo needs to move without ball, catch the ball in rhythm, and drive that lane before defense can set up. Wood Son needs to get in the Knicks faces and stress passin that rock around the horn.

Sheed block on Tiago Shi*tter was great.

great game thus far. c'mon now boys! make it happen!
:gony:

KingCharles34

All Star

Players like Paul Pierce still make a living off of flopping. Hes 5th in free throw attempts per game in the league. I have thought for a while that Melo should tweak his game to be a little more like Pierce. Starburys penetration move to the rim was amongst the best Ive ever seen. I still wish he had more of a chance in 2009 when O Antoni chose to play Duhon over him. That team would've been solid, honestly i cant even remember who we still had at the start of that season. I think we still had ZBo and Crawford. And we probably had Gallo, Chandler and David Lee. Thats a playoff team with a healthy Starbury at PG, people forget how well he played before the heel injury in early 2008

KingCharles34

All Star
lol I actually have the hoody on that Starburys wearing in my Avi right now. Thats your KingStarbury3 random stat of the night.

Whats the difference between flopping and faking contact on a jumpshot? The way i see it what Parker just did was to fool the ref into calling the foul. But i guess the rule's only for the type of flops where a player fakes the contact and falls. Or in the case of Chris Paul does a 360 spin and then falls

KingCharles34

All Star
I was a little worried Melo might get T'd up there but i like what he did. Reminds me of something i would do. Just showing a guy your elbows will u get u the space u want

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
A Felton-Parker shootout in Texas. I love it. We just need one more guy to step up on offense... Melo let's get it!!!!!

metrocard

Legend
lol I actually have the hoody on that Starburys wearing in my Avi right now. Thats your KingStarbury3 random stat of the night.

Whats the difference between flopping and faking contact on a jumpshot? The way i see it what Parker just did was to fool the ref into calling the foul. But i guess the rule's only for the type of flops where a player fakes the contact and falls. Or in the case of Chris Paul does a 360 spin and then falls

Nice!

The flopping thing is so weird, because it makes you wonder who's the real ballers who's the wangstas. Pierce is a fake tough guy and one of the most overrated players of all time...can't stand his antics.