F*ck Jeremy Lin and his god bothering bullish*t

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
I'm not religious but I do believe in some form of God, but I don't see what Lin said as pushing his beliefs on anyone if he believes this is Gods plan then in his mind and reality it is. Dont get me wrong hyper religious ppl can be very annoying but I don't see him trying to force you to believe what he wants.

You just sound intolerant and bitter getting upset about something so insignificant in my eyes. And whats the difference between Lin professing his belief in God and you talking about your disdain for God that could be seen as you shoving your apparent atheist ideals down ppls throat.

DCinNY

Benchwarmer
I'm not religious but I do believe in some form of God, but I don't see what Lin said as pushing his beliefs on anyone if he believes this is Gods plan then in his mind and reality it is. Dont get me wrong hyper religious ppl can be very annoying but I don't see him trying to force you to believe what he wants.

You just sound intolerant and bitter getting upset about something so insignificant in my eyes. And whats the difference between Lin professing his belief in God and you talking about your disdain for God that could be seen as you shoving your apparent atheist ideals down ppls throat.

Well said... :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

You've had a good try at sounding eloquent here, but have only managed to make assumptions and misread what I've said. I said quite plainly that people are entitled to believe what they want, but that throwing it out there all the time is bothersome for me.

A failed effort at showing poignant wit. Nowhere is it apparent I'm an atheist. You make assumptions and tap away thinking you're clever. You're not. It's just more fence-sitting rhetoric.

Last edited:

Sage

Rotation player
I generally don't care who people are giving thanks to, if the Reggie White's and Tim Tebow's of the world want to praise the lord for their accomplishments, that's ok by me. Even our very own Larry Johnson used to do the same thing.

Religion and faith can certainly have a very positive influence on a player. How we remember Hakeem Olajuwon is a far cry from how the man carried himself in his early years, all thanks to his spiritualism.

However if it were me up there, I'd thanks the countless hours in the gym, and all the coaches that helped me get there. I don't know about you guys but God hasn't ONCE spotted me at the gym!

p0nder

Starter
I can't front on a guy for having faith. I honestly get the vibe from atheists more then from people of faith that i should "believe as they do".

Lin had some good fun with the religious aspect of his life and brought it to the game in a fun way with his pre-game ritual with Fields last year. I always thought that was pretty cool and it seems that despite the media frenzy Lin has stayed humble.

Anyway, Haters gonna Hate... 8's gonna ate.

What does that mean? I dunno, came from a HIGHer power.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I can't front on a guy for having faith. I honestly get the vibe from atheists more then from people of faith that i should "believe as they do".

It's certainly picked up in that regard; atheists belittling christians. I don't necessarily consider myself an atheist, nor an agnostic, but whatever I am I don't go throwing it around and I don't favour either side for doing so. I favour subtlety on the matter, and Lin whacking it to god and jesus all the time is just irritating.

The quote "perfect plan" seems like blatant ignorance to me, however, because if the plan was perfect, things like SIDS, Rwanda in '94, Malala Yousufzai, Mugabe, James Dolan, and so on would have never existed.:2cents: Do christians in the 3rd world refer to their state of affairs as part of a perfect plan?

Anyway, Lin should just STFU and stop popping a cork for god every time something he's done works out.

p0nder

Starter
How do you know God didn't want those things. Everything I've seen shows that God can be just as vengeful, violent and destructive as he can be helpful, vigilant and loving. Or perhaps those are agents and doings of the devil? Evil is the darkness where good light shines through.

Regardless of your belief system, ragging on the guy about his faith is discrimination at worst. At best it's hypocritical to comment on it as an aspect of his life that (probably) has NOTHING to do with ball on a forum about a basketball team that doesn't even have him on the roster..

I.E. You're shoving your opinion about God down our throats and using Lin as a catalyst for the discussion.

p0nder

Starter
Just saying that God once flooded the entire world and killed everything except the lucky few on a ship. It's not like he's adverse to causing suffering.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Just saying that God once flooded the entire world and killed everything except the lucky few on a ship. It's not like he's adverse to causing suffering.

He has quite the resume of vitriol, old J dog. Bit of rape, bit of sacrifice, some ethnic cleansing, eternal damnation..........not really a cool cat.

Kiyaman

Legend
Crazy .... what (WTF) is with all this HATRED for a D.League player who SAVED the Knicks 2011-12 season?
Please dont answer the question .. for reason of exposing one-self.

If u are dum enough to believe that Jeremy Lin would rather live and play in Houston Texas rather than New York City .. then u never been to or visit China Town in Manhattan, or Brooklyn, or Queens.

Knicks management never offered Jeremy Lin any type of deal throughout the offseason .. Lin waited patiently for the Knicks to give him some kind of deal .. this is why the Houston Rockets were able to increase their first offer of $19M deal to $25M deal, because Lin didnt sign or answer any of the Rockets calls.

I wonder if Boston Fans have the same hatred for Ray Allen, whom Boston refuse to resign so he signed with Miami...

TakMan

Rotation player
Crazy .... what (WTF) is with all this HATRED for a D.League player who SAVED the Knicks 2011-12 season?

If u are dum enough to believe that Jeremy Lin would rather live and play in Houston Texas rather than New York City .. then u never been to or visit China Town in Manhattan, or Brooklyn, or Queens.

Knicks management never offered Jeremy Lin any type of deal throughout the offseason .. Lin waited patiently for the Knicks to give him some kind of deal .. this is why the Houston Rockets were able to increase their first offer of $19M deal to $25M deal, because Lin didnt sign or answer any of the Rockets calls.

I wonder if Boston Fans have the same hatred for Ray Allen, whom Boston refuse to resign so he signed with Miami...

I really need to ask you this Kiyaman and I would like an honest answer. Say you're the Knicks GM. Do you take the poison pill, or do you think it's too much money for an unproven player like Lin? Cos I've got to say, the way he's started this season, he's looking just like his pre-linsanity self. Felton-Kidd-Prigioni would not have happened had Lin re-signed. I know who I prefer on this team, and it aint Lin.

EDIT: Also you can't call another first round exit a saved season. We achieved as much without him the season before. What you're witnessing now is far superior than what we ever had with a 33% shooting, 3TO p.g player like Lin.

skisloper

Starter
I really need to ask you this Kiyaman and I would like an honest answer. Say you're the Knicks GM. Do you take the poison pill, or do you think it's too much money for an unproven player like Lin? Cos I've got to say, the way he's started this season, he's looking just like his pre-linsanity self. Felton-Kidd-Prigioni would not have happened had Lin re-signed. I know who I prefer on this team, and it aint Lin.

EDIT: Also you can't call another first round exit a saved season. We achieved as much without him the season before. What you're witnessing now is far superior than what we ever had with a 33% shooting, 3TO p.g player like Lin.

The point is that LIN was given an opportunity and made from some great basketball in NY........The money Houston offered was too much for the Knicks to match and LIN would have been a fool not to take it. Lin only did good by NY so its tough to understand why rag on the guy for anything....

TakMan

Rotation player
The point is that LIN was given an opportunity and made from some great basketball in NY........The money Houston offered was too much for the Knicks to match and LIN would have been a fool not to take it. Lin only did good by NY so its tough to understand why rag on the guy for anything....

No-one's saying that Lin shouldn't have taken up Houston's offer. He did the logical thing, and I'm glad he did. He's back to his average self again as was expected and soon Houston will be cursing the day they offered him the contract they did. I don't have a go at Lin. I never thought he was anything special. I take issue with people who thought/still think he's anything more than average based on a handful of good displays. I take issue with those who wait in the corner for the Knicks to lose in order to start bashing Felton (who's performing much better than Lin is this season) and the Knicks' off season decisions. Finally, I take issue with people who live in the past, and a mediocre one at that (first round playoff exits). Feel free to do this, but expect some to question this version of events.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

I never said a single thing about Lin as a Knick, you senile old badger. :eek:hboy:

Don't say I'm exposing myself if you can only skim read what I'd written and then reply to it completely out of context. FAIL!

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
Crazy⑧s;255395 said:
You've had a good try at sounding eloquent here, but have only managed to make assumptions and misread what I've said. I said quite plainly that people are entitled to believe what they want, but that throwing it out there all the time is bothersome for me.

A failed effort at showing poignant wit. Nowhere is it apparent I'm an atheist. You make assumptions and tap away thinking you're clever. You're not. It's just more fence-sitting rhetoric.

No I didn't misread what you said I understood it clearly you don't like that Jeremy Lin brings up God all the time, it's you who doesn't seem to get what I'm saying. Because my point is that Lin isn't forcing it down your throat or saying you should believe this what I believe is the absolute truth. I don't even really like Lin but you are coming across as someone that is bitter towards religion or ppl's belief in God.

And your clearly trying to come back with some eloquent kind of rebuttal you accuse me of with you post. And even if your not an atheist how is not apparent at all that your not when your offended by someone professing their faith in God, why would anyone that believes in God be offended by that usually only someone who does not believe in God an atheist would be offended. Come on now I'm pretty sure almost everyone who read this post thought you were atheist. Thats like me writing about how much I hate atheist talking about how much they don't like religion or their lack of belief in God and then when someone assumes I believe in God I get mad and wonder why they would assume I'm a theist.

You were attempting to be clever with that post but if you really break down your last post to me and your OP it doesn't even make sense, and not to mention idk why you seemed to get upset when I don't even feel lik my other post was offensive or disrespectful in anyway.

KingCharles34

All Star
Im a man of the Lord but I believe whether your a atheist, christian, muslim etc trying to force your beliefs on someone will only push them away further. However, in this particular situation i dont think Lin went overboard. He just stated his beliefs saying it was God's plan for him to be in Houston.

5 different people will have 5 different opinions on why Lin's with the Rockets and not with the Knicks. I dont see anything wrong at all here but thats just my opinion coming from my perspective. Everybodies gotta do their own thing, i aint hating. Id get quickly annoyed if i ever met just one person that shared every belief and opinion that i have with me.