Pringles regrets coming to New York - SHOTS FIRED!

knicksin60

Starter
And I am sure James Dolan regrets paying him $24 million dollars to tank two seasons, get swept in the playoffs and quit on the team.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
The Lakers will regret making Dantoni their coach

"We would like to play Showtime-type basketball," said D'Antoni.

Does he not realize the Lakers are old minus Dwight..their roster definitely does NOT fit uptempo showtime basketball.

Nash gonna need a wheelchair by the time Doomtoni is done with him:boohoo:

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
SMH. What a weak minded person. The guy is a quitter. Quit and "resigned" when he was in New York and Phoenix because his teams were not good enough. I lost the little respect I had for MDA after that statement. A flip flop as big as Shaq's shoe. Now I can't wait for that Christmas game against the Lakers, assuming he's still coaching that team by then.

Sage

Rotation player
Well the article is far more about Phoenix and how he should have stayed than it has to do with New York. But to be fair, I think most everyone wishes he stayed in Phoenix.

Isn't it funny that he's credited with changing the game, but he sucks when he runs the system.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Huge riot at the Nets - Celtics game, not sure who to root for, but i like it

CoolClyde

Huge riot at the Nets - Celtics game, not sure who to root for, but i like it

ya gotta root for The Brooklyn Nyets over the hated Celtdicks,
the lesser of 2 east coast evils, i mean rivals... IMHO

stupid Rondo.
rondostein.jpg

:smokin:

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
The Lakers will regret making Dantoni their coach

"We would like to play Showtime-type basketball," said D'Antoni.

Does he not realize the Lakers are old minus Dwight..their roster definitely does NOT fit uptempo showtime basketball.

Nash gonna need a wheelchair by the time Doomtoni is done with him:boohoo:

I hate the Lakers FO since Jim Buss took over.

Wargames

Starter
"I shouldn't have gone to New York," said D'Antoni.

"I should have stuck in there and battled. You don't get to coach somebody like him [Nash] too many times. It's pretty sacred and you need to take care of it. I didn't."

The parting with the Suns had always been reported as mutual.

"No. It was me," D'Antoni admits now. "I initiated it and I probably shouldn't have."

So its confirmed then that D'antoni is a quitter, and yet this man continues to fail upward.

CA7

Scoring Champ
That sounds like

"I came for the money"

anyway is anyone now happy Melo quit on the team and got him fired :teeth:

bigapple

Starter
Knicks vs Lakers is coming b4 Xmas games and it will be 1st metting between Woody and pringles all i want is destruction by Knicks of Pringles.

New New York

Quiet Storm
I thought what he was saying is he should have just stayed in Phoenix and continued with that team...basically finishing what he started

It seems like he was more saying he wish he never split apart from Nash than a dig at NY.

Look like it or not...he should have never came to New York, it was bad for him and bad for The Knicks.

He left a title contender for a team that won just 22 games

We had a horrible defense and then hired a offensive minded coach

Many of us questioned the hiring when it went down and I imagine many of his advisers did the same on his end...it really did not make sense for either party.

I do not take it personal at all.

pat

Starter

The Spurs are old and play uptempo. The two do not have to be mutually exclusive. The Spur play uptempo and and you can't get much older. In fact, if you do it via passing, it is less exhausting than pounding the boards in a set play offense.

CA7

Scoring Champ
The Spurs are old and play uptempo. The two do not have to be mutually exclusive. The Spur play uptempo and and you can't get much older. In fact, if you do it via passing, it is less exhausting than pounding the boards in a set play offense.

there's a difference between uptempo and run and gun

D'Antoni plays run and gun where anyone and everyone can shoot

the Spurs and us play uptempo where we look for good shots with the PG controlling the ball and running pick n rolls and our secondary options are Duncan post ups and Carmelo isolations

pat

Starter
running pick n rolls and our secondary options are Duncan post ups and Carmelo isolations

Mhhh?

Showtime wasn't run and gun. SSOL is not run and gun. Let's agree that MDA and the Knicks was not a good fit, but whether or not things are going to work in LA is not necessarily a question of age.

Scipio

Benchwarmer
I just finished watching the Lakers lose to the Magic on league pass. Wow, the Lakers were terrible.

It looks like Dumbphoney is already having an effect on them though. No interior D. No energy, no passion, no commitment. And Dumbphoney on the sidelines clapping his hands and shouting "Lets go, lets go" whilst the Lakers are collapsing on the court. And Dwight shooting threes? lol

Sage

Rotation player
"Just do what you do." - Mike D'Antoni

In my opinion, D'Antoni's philosophy of SSOL will never work because the best way to get out and score in seven seconds or less on the shot clock is to play good defense and get out in transition. He's missing the underlying logic that would make his system work.

...plus all the 3 pointers. Good 3 point shooting teams are successful because they play inside-out. They post first and then swing the ball to find the open man. Another thing D'Antoni will never grasp.

D'Ant is a joke of a coach, he also lost to Houston yesterday. Lin only had 4pts and 3 dimes. The kicker is T.Douglas lead all of Houston players with 22 point. The same dude D'Ant let rot on the bench during his time with the Knicks. :teeth: glad this coach is no longer our problem.