Is anyone from KO a member on another Knicks forum?

Choose one of the following if you're a member at that site.

• Total voters

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=783878

I was just looking at the above link, as I put a thread up for my Top 10 Plays videos on PSD, NYK Fan Page and the RealGM boards, and was wondering if any of our crew are on the other boards under a different username. Is the person that linked this site, Lamzoka, a member here?

Purely out of interest, is all.

I've just seen so many posters on these other sites that post a single word in their reply, and so forth.......quality is low, seriously. Of course there are some great posters, but certainly I think we have a higher grade of quality all round at KO.

And seriously, when you lads see what Rady's got in store for you, you're gonna be throwing yoghurt.

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
Starks1994 on realmgm and ultimate knicks

I'm JoseChinga on RealGM, no surprise.

The first forum I ever register on was NYKfanpage.

I was about 14 at the time, I went under prguy.

I raised hell up in there and got banned, no surprise.

metrocard

Legend
Just checked up on NYKfanpage...wow, what a ghost town that site has been, posters lack creativity and personality and you have Hitler reincarnated as a moderator over here.

Long live KnicksOnline.com, a place where you can actually POST without the moderators approval.

Guys, imagine you coming here to make a post, and it won't be viewed publicly till I approve it.

That is NYKfanpage in a nuthsell.

Wepa.

Starks

Starter
Just checked up on NYKfanpage...wow, what a ghost town that site has been, posters lack creativity and personality and you have Hitler reincarnated as a moderator over here.

Long live KnicksOnline.com, a place where you can actually POST without the moderators approval.

Guys, imagine you coming here to make a post, and it won't be viewed publicly till I approve it.

Wepa.

I agree. Other boards have their strengths (characters, comedy, booty threads) but KO's got the most dedicated and knowledgable members. Hands down.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

Wepa.

NYKFP is definitely rather sh*t. So little goes on there. I've had 2 of its posters ask me about KO.

I agree. Other boards have their strengths (characters, comedy, booty threads) but KO's got the most dedicated and knowledgable members. Hands down.

There is one man to thank for that sense of commitment.........Rady. He's never really put the gloves on as Admin, and has always let bygones be bygones. I remember one incident in which someone demanded he take action against a for mer poster called ANU, in which Rady did by giving him a 2-3 day ban. ANU went off at Rady and called him a see you next Tuesday, but Rady said he'd have him back after an apology. That was, I should say, without condescension. The dude is first class.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Crazy⑧s;256265 said:
NYKFP is definitely rather sh*t. So little goes on there. I've had 2 of its posters ask me about KO.

There is one man to thank for that sense of commitment.........Rady. He's never really put the gloves on as Admin, and has always let bygones be bygones. I remember one incident in which someone demanded he take action against a for mer poster called ANU, in which Rady did by giving him a 2-3 day ban. ANU went off at Rady and called him a see you next Tuesday, but Rady said he'd have him back after an apology. That was, I should say, without condescension. The dude is first class.

:teeth: I get it, it took me like 5 minutes to figure that out

Starks

Starter
Crazy⑧s;256265 said:

Rady runs KO like the Spurs. Best managed site on web. Never knew about that story about Rady but thats a great one. Did the dude apologize?

knicksin60

Starter
Crazy⑧s;256265 said:

http://www.knicksonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=115842#post115842

This forum has the potential to be a very well known forum even though it is known by a small cult following. The Spurstalk.com forum uses a very similar format as this one and they manage to have hundreds of members posting at the same time and over a thousand posts in their game threads.

I think what hurts this forum is that most online Knick fans are flocking to these other Knicks forums because they find things over there that they won't find in a forum like this one.

Do those forums feauture topics that you won't find on KO.com? Not at all. Are the majority of the posters in those forums more knowledgable posters than the ones here? Absolutely not.

I found the KO.com forum through Google. I am not sure if the majority of online Knicks fans find the forums that they post in through the same method or other Knick fans just introduce these forums to them. I believe that this forum is the first Knicks forum to appear on Google's list after you type in Knicks forum.

We've had very loyal and dedicated members here that just ended up disappearing after posting for 3 or 4 years. A forum like the Real GM Knicks forum has a good amount of members that have been posting there between 5 to 10 years. With the exception of posters like Crazy8's, Metro, Kiyaman, Coolclyde and a few others most of the active members here have a 3 year or less posting history and are destined to stop posting in the near future. People seem to slowly lose interest of this place.

My suggestion (even though this is just one suggestion out of many) is that this forum gets a major clean up during its renovation process. I feel that 95 percent of the data that is in this forum is obsolete. We have a members list in which the majority of it consists of people that used to post here years ago or people that created accounts but were never active users of them. We have a hangout and NBA section in where maybe 2 out of every 15 active members will post something in them on a weekly basis.

I feel that any section of a forum that goes a very long period of time without any activity in it is just taking up unnecessary space. I've been an active user on KO.com forum for almost three years and still have no idea what purpose "Knicks game predictions 2004/05" and "other sites" served in the past and why they're locked now.

Saying all of these things they're many good things about this site: The ability to post pictures and gifs, the active moderating, the ability to express yourself without getting banned, the game threads and the incite that people give here.

I apologize for posting this here. I know a post such as this one belongs in the site feedback section but the topic of this thread gave me the motivation to post about this site.

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
http://www.knicksonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=115842#post115842

This forum has the potential to be a very well known forum even though it is known by a small cult following. The Spurstalk.com forum uses a very similar format as this one and they manage to have hundreds of members posting at the same time and over a thousand posts in their game threads.

I think what hurts this forum is that most online Knick fans are flocking to these other Knicks forums because they find things over there that they won't find in a forum like this one.

Do those forums feauture topics that you won't find on KO.com? Not at all. Are the majority of the posters in those forums more knowledgable posters than the ones here? Absolutely not.

I found the KO.com forum through Google. I am not sure if the majority of online Knicks fans find the forums that they post in through the same method or other Knick fans just introduce these forums to them. I believe that this forum is the first Knicks forum to appear on Google's list after you type in Knicks forum.

We've had very loyal and dedicated members here that just ended up disappearing after posting for 3 or 4 years. A forum like the Real GM Knicks forum has a good amount of members that have been posting there between 5 to 10 years. With the exception of posters like Crazy8's, Metro, Kiyaman, Coolclyde and a few others most of the active members here have a 3 year or less posting history and are destined to stop posting in the near future. People seem to slowly lose interest of this place.

My suggestion (even though this is just one suggestion out of many) is that this forum gets a major clean up during its renovation process. I feel that 95 percent of the data that is in this forum is obsolete. We have a members list in which the majority of it consists of people that used to post here years ago or people that created accounts but were never active users of them. We have a hangout and NBA section in where maybe 2 out of every 15 active members will post something in them on a weekly basis.

I feel that any section of a forum that goes a very long period of time without any activity in it is just taking up unnecessary space. I've been an active user on KO.com forum for almost three years and still have no idea what purpose "Knicks game predictions 2004/05" and "other sites" served in the past and why they're locked now.

Saying all of these things they're many good things about this site: The ability to post pictures and gifs, the active moderating, the ability to express yourself without getting banned, the game threads and the incite that people give here.

I apologize for posting this here. I know a post such as this one belongs in the site feedback section but the topic of this thread gave me the motivation to post about this site.

No apologies needed, this was a well worded post and we'll definitely follow up on your suggestions, greatly appreciated my friend.

I got a feeling this site hasn't reach it's full potential.

RealGM is big because they put a lot of money into that site, have tons of forums, and a ****load of crazy Raptor fans.

I'd say this is the #1 Knicks forum, that is only about the Knicks.

ProSportsDaily, RealGM and etc...a lot of attention on NBA, College basketball, etc.

Something we need to work on is the NBA section.

My suggestion to Prince Rady is that we make a NBA player comparison forum in the NBA section...we'll get a lot of heated debates going on and we'll end some false claims and compare players...that's what really sparked this forum up back in the day.

I remember on NYKfanpage before the Marbury trade, someone was telling Marbury was better than Nash, and I was a Marbury fan but I claimed Nash was a better PG. This was before he went to Phoneix and won two MVP's. I got banned during Nash's first season and he went on to win two MVP's and my man Marbury went on through the Isiah era. People in that forum forever remembered that and never doubted my word again. I was 13/14 at the time.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
^

Just wait until Rady unleashes the.......................................................................it's good.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
I'm not a member of any other Knicks forum, but I am a member of a bunch of other forums. I really love posting and reading forums.

smokes

Huge Member
Something we need to work on is the NBA section.

My suggestion to Prince Rady is that we make a NBA player comparison forum in the NBA section...we'll get a lot of heated debates going on and we'll end some false claims and compare players...that's what really sparked this forum up back in the day.

This and what knicksin60 posted make very good sense.

In our previous discussion about the site I mentioned a lot of the forums are basically dead. I like posting about other NBA games and stuff that's going on around the league but that forum is such a ghost town it doesn't feel like it's worth posting there because it won't spark any discussion.

Each subsection definitely needs to serve a purpose and preferably will include content that encourages people to visit all/more of the forums as oppose to just the Knicks one.

I also suggested before that the NBA forum should be a sub-forum of the Knicks forums so you see it at the top of the page when you're in this forum.

Munchen13

Benchwarmer
This is my first and only experience at being a member of a forum in English.
I have been in Arabic forums since 2001, and I didn't really take a look at foreign forums till my registration day here.

I took a look at those forums in the poll, and boy oh boy.. KO is much better!

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
^I thought you were German or of German descent. But now that you said you're an Arab I'm wondering what's the meaning of your nick, cause all I can think of is another conspiracy theory. :lol:

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
I was on realgm for a split second, then left their to come here.. MUCH MUCH MUCH more freedom to express yourself on here without worrying about getting banned

Munchen13

Benchwarmer
^I thought you were German or of German descent. But now that you said you're an Arab I'm wondering what's the meaning of your nick, cause all I can think of is another conspiracy theory. :lol:

Munchen = I am a Bayern Munchen fan

13 = I am a Ballack fan

And since you are from Holland, we can both agree that Arjen Robben is an amazing talent