Best Starting Lineup without Kidd?

Been away from the forum for a while, but here I am :afro: . Trying to get a feeling of all you guys' opinions a little bit.

For some reason, Woody's been going with Kurt at the 4, Melo at the 3 without Kidd. Kurt's still only playing ~7-8 minutes per, though.

IMO, Novak should get the starts at the small forward, and Melo should be running the 4 again. If you look at the breakdown by position, he's one of the most dominant power forward's in basketball right now.

At the 4, the offense is less stagnant. Melo uses primarily post-ups, whereas at the 3 he tends to run iso.

Also, Melo's defensive struggles are more on display when he's at the three. It's not a matter of effort (like last year), but at small forward he's chasing guys around the perimeter, switching, etc. He's looked vulnerable to back-door cuts. At the 4, he's better suited in the short term to body guys down low and D up that way.

As far as Novak goes, it looks like his slump is over. At the very least, he stretches the floor for the rest of the guys. I view it as a better option over Kurt who hasn't looked all that deserving of any burn. What's confusing to me is that Woody starts KT, takes him out 5 mins later, and that's usually the last we see of him. Just puzzling to me.

SO:

I'd like to see

Felton
Brewer
Novak
Melo
Chandler

With plenty of Felton-Pablo-together minutes. We saw that combo together for the first time against Milwaukee, and it looked great. Why not try again?

What say y'all?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kiyaman

Legend
Felton
Pablo-Prig
Melo
Sheed
Tyson

Pablo-Prig
Brewer/JR
Novak
Kurt
Camby

Our 2 best postseason lineup

Kidd
Felton
Melo
Rasheed
Tyson

Pablo-Prig
Shump
Novak/Brewer
Amare
Camby

elcol

Rotation player
Just please play Camby, we don't need ANOTHER 3 point shooter in Sheed. Thomas is low impact on the game.