Spurs Vs Stern.. (a question about the knicks)

Munchen13

Benchwarmer
Hello fellow knickerbockers :gony:,

I am not sure if this is thread worthy, but i read this nice article about the spurs vs stern and i found it to be an interesting one:

popstern113012-jpg_195420.jpg

David Stern stumbles again in his failed culture war against the Spurs, fines franchise $250K

it's not really about the recent fine, it talks about the history between both parties (stern and the spurs).

And while i was reading it, I read something about the knicks being a team which stern was biased with. Was that true? what's the story behind that mention?

I am basically a new fan so I don't have enough knowleadge about what was happening to the knicks back then, and I am interested to know what happened.
The writer started to mention the knicks here:

There's a double-standard to how this league operates under Stern, and it won't change until Adam Silver takes over and makes it a priority to do so. When Yahoo! Sports uncovered a pattern of deliberate predraft rules violations that benefited the New York Knicks and penalized the rest of the teams, Stern did little. Brandon Rush blew out his knee in an illegal workout, Wilson Chandler was stashed for weeks in Atlanta so no one else could get access to him before the draft, and Stern fined that Cablevision empire essentially lunch money for a weekend shindig in the Hamptons with the Dolans.

Any thoughts?

bigapple

Starter
create facebook site called Stern has to leave and send there all crap against him all his cheats all short vids since his setup draft pics to lakers kings crap till OKC-Heat finals ended at Spurs - Stern dictator behave and check how many ppl will be "like it"

Munchen13

Benchwarmer
create facebook site called Stern has to leave and send there all crap against him all his cheats all short vids since his setup draft pics to lakers kings crap till OKC-Heat finals ended at Spurs - Stern dictator behave and check how many ppl will be "like it"

Yeah, he sucks.

Especially when he said that his dream finals is lakers vs lakers, WTF? Cant wait for his NBA time to end

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
Hello fellow knickerbockers :gony:,

I am not sure if this is thread worthy, but i read this nice article about the spurs vs stern and i found it to be an interesting one:

popstern113012-jpg_195420.jpg

David Stern stumbles again in his failed culture war against the Spurs, fines franchise $250K

it's not really about the recent fine, it talks about the history between both parties (stern and the spurs).

And while i was reading it, I read something about the knicks being a team which stern was biased with. Was that true? what's the story behind that mention?

I am basically a new fan so I don't have enough knowleadge about what was happening to the knicks back then, and I am interested to know what happened.
The writer started to mention the knicks here:

Any thoughts?

The first ever draft lottery, with Ewing as the prize. 3rd envelope in I believe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX1kMlG8c7Y

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
As for the Spurs, I thought the fine should have been more and the said players suspended from playing in 5 games each. This does force the team to lie about injuries....ala Bill BeliCheat. But you, me and fans fill the arena to watch the players, not the teams. Stern made this a players league. Some spend hard earned money to take kids to games and for healthy players to sit, that is a rip off. Popovich, you are given a schedule in August, just like everyone else. Everyone else doesn't sit their best players in November. He should have been managing his teams minutes, during whatever run it was 7 in 10 or whatever. I can understand an ankle, or finger stub, but come on a full roster vacation. Pop's a big freaking baby. Pacifiers and bibs are in order for when Popovich comes to town.

bigapple

Starter
so why Stern sended John Wall to loosing team and Greg Oden to Portland which have some voodoo of injuries.

Munchen13

Benchwarmer
Kidd Karma

The video you posted was a real surprise to me, just wow! I hope this doesn't continue.

As for your opinion about Pop, i strongly disagree. As a coach, I don't really care about the so-called fans, those ones come to be entertained, but the coach is there to win a championship, not to entertain.

True fans love too see their "team" wins, not their "best player" wins.

I love Melo as a player, but his absence today took nothing out of my joy watching my Knicks beating the heat in Miami.

I admire what Pop has done and still doing, he is a true legend. He has the right to rest his stars.

And from my angle, I see that he was showing off his coaching abilities by letting his bench play the heat in Miami, and guess what? They were so close to win!

That was a bold statement by Pop, that he made his team's bench battle against the defending champs in their arena.

I personally as neutral fan loved that game, it wasn't one-sided at all.