How does it feel to DUNK??

KingCharles34

All Star
Is the pain just below your kneecap? Sounds like a bit of Patellar tendonitis to me, stretching the surrounding muscles can help that.
I think your onto something. Im gonna look up stretches for Patellar tendonitis and see what i can find but thanks for helping me find a starting point

This is a great story, keep up the hard work.

By the way folks, glutes activate vertical leap by 75%.

I was a former strength and conditioning coach at Manhattan College when the ex-Knick Chris Smith played there. It was my job to make sure these athletes were in elite collegiate shape for performance. Agility (moving in different directions) and Power (strength + speed in the quickest amount of time) were the focus.

I'll give you guys one exercise that helped 7 players and even myself jump higher and sprint faster.

Hip Thrust.

I do 495 also, I'll take a video of me doing it one day.

This is something ill definitely have to look into. I bet this really helps when it comes to the ladies as well.

Is this body outdated?? This guy never heard of a hip thrust!

Sandow,_Eugene_-_1889_by_Henry_Van_der_Weyde_%281838-1924%29.jpg

This is very suspect my dude....explain yourself

orangeblobman

Rotation player
LOL This is Arthur Saxon:

saxon.jpg

Oldtime Strongmen were super strong and could lift ridiculous amounts of weight, and they were all steroid free, and the best part is anyone can be SUPER STRONG and DRUGFREE if they work hard at it and really want it.

DENSE HARD MUSCLE

THINK ABOUT HOW AWESOME IT WOULD BE TO BE THAT ****ING STRONG???? WHO THE HELL WOULDN'T WANT THAT?? ANSWER ME THAT!!

metrocard

Legend
Dude, in a thread full of amateur basketball players and regular guys you try to give me some crazy useless lift that's more likely to kill someone in this thread than help him.

It's better to stick to the basics and get really good at them, like the old time strongmen.

What pro athletes do, I don't know and I don't care, they're on a different level.

We're talking about regular guys here. The simpler the better.

It's not useless orangeblogman, if I used it on D-1 collegiate players at Manhattan College and they enhanced their physical components, and it's been used successful by other professionals, not only myself...how can it be useless? You never done or tried, so you really don't know what you're talking about.

Squatting and Cleaning is more complex and dangerous than a Hip Thrust if you consider the body position and where the weight of the bar is traveling (if a mistake happens is the scenario I'm presenting)

I think your onto something. Im gonna look up stretches for Patellar tendonitis and see what i can find but thanks for helping me find a starting point

This is something ill definitely have to look into. I bet this really helps when it comes to the ladies as well.

This is very suspect my dude....explain yourself

King, Hip Thrusting will enhance your sex game X a infinity.
You gotta try it out this week.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
I don't know, man. There are simpler ways to go about it for regular people, and simpler is always better.

There isn't a single activity in the world that isn't easier when you are stronger, not a single one in the world. Goes for jumping, you got your strength work and then the snatches for the power, explosive work plus you play in a league once a week and you jump around from time to time at the park to try reaching rim, dunking, etc.,, nothing crazy about that and it will do the trick.

My in-game dunks in 2013 will go viral.

metrocard

Legend
You don't know because you're not reading anything, you're listening to yourself.
The ways I present are simple and have shown to given great results especially to those new to exercise. Those who have been more experience don't get the same results because their bodies are already use to the workload, they do this kind of work for maintenance...something a lot of people suck at. You can get strong, but how long can you keep it without getting injured? Most guys who lift heavy get hurt in the gym and get the f*ck out as soon as they get hurt. Most of these guys would get knocked out in a boxing ring or MMA cage and are the most fake tough guys you can meet. Screw them all because they ruin the atmosphere in a gym environment.

I don't understand the 2nd paragraph.

I don't know, man. There are simpler ways to go about it for regular people, and simpler is always better.

There isn't a single activity in the world that isn't easier when you are stronger, not a single one in the world. Goes for jumping, you got your strength work and then the snatches for the power, explosive work plus you play in a league once a week and you jump around from time to time at the park to try reaching rim, dunking, etc.,, nothing crazy about that and it will do the trick.

My in-game dunks in 2013 will go viral.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
You don't know because you're not reading anything, you're listening to yourself.
The ways I present are simple and have shown to given great results especially to those new to exercise. Those who have been more experience don't get the same results because their bodies are already use to the workload, they do this kind of work for maintenance...something a lot of people suck at. You can get strong, but how long can you keep it without getting injured? Most guys who lift heavy get hurt in the gym and get the f*ck out as soon as they get hurt. Most of these guys would get knocked out in a boxing ring or MMA cage and are the most fake tough guys you can meet. Screw them all because they ruin the atmosphere in a gym environment.

I don't understand the 2nd paragraph.

Buggin don't care if you trained the pope it's a disservice to humanity to advise people against lifting heavy ****. Lifting heavy stuff is something all men and women should do. It's among the safest sports anyone can undertake if the trainee takes care to learn proper form.

If you don't lift heavy weights, your life isn't complete. Earth would have World Peace if everyone lifted weights.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
When I talk lifting heavy weights I'm not talking about the steroid popping and shooting guys at the gym who are bench pressing and doing bicep curls like women, and then they get these huge chests but they're really a joke.

The weight lifting I'm talking about is honest, simple weight lifting that people used to do before steroids and before bench pressing became huge.

The weight lifting I'm talking about is lifting things over your head, it's throwing heavy ****, it's lifting awkward objects, it's squats and deadlifts.

You wouldn't be allowed to do a lot of this lifting in a commercial gym, this is real lifting that everyone should be doing.