Thu, Dec 6: New York Knicks @ Miami Heat - Knicks dig deep and win!

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Pre GT Banter - Knicks @ Heat - Thu, Dec 6 8:00pm

large_Heat_630.jpg

Anthony?s status is a major concern for a Knicks team in search of their second victory over Miami this season. New York relies on Anthony?s ability to shoot from the 3-point line, break down the opposition off the dribble, and work in the post while playing the power forward position.

James and Anthony will not necessarily defend each other on every possession but for a majority of the game, the two friends will be highlighted one-on-one. Miami?s MVP, Finals MVP, and Sportsman of the Year is an absolute beast in the open floor. James will attack in transition and in the halfcourt with a strong first step. Anthony and the Knicks interior defense must keep James out of the paint and off the free throw line.

If New York can turn James into a jump shooter for a majority of the contest, the team will have a chance at limiting his impact and force Dwyane Wade and the other scorers to make plays on the offensive side of the floor.

What's Melo's status, boys?

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
I'm so freaking pumped for this one... I've got still plenty of **** to do today, but the only thing I can think about is the Heat game.
:gony:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I'm so freaking pumped for this one... I've got still plenty of **** to do today, but the only thing I can think about is the Heat game.
:gony:

Oh man, same. If we come out on top of this one, the euphoria will be amazing. Simply amazing. :smokin:

Melo said hes GOING TO PLAY..

Im a bit worried about how the injury might effect his play even tho its his non shooting hand. But yeah if we manage to win this game too on national tv AGAIN.. we will get the most respect we've ever gotten from the media..

carlito1171

Rookie
Melo said hes GOING TO PLAY..

Im a bit worried about how the injury might effect his play even tho its his non shooting hand. But yeah if we manage to win this game too on national tv AGAIN.. we will get the most respect we've ever gotten from the media..

Charles Barkley will be in full out panic mode if we win tonight...

finestrg

Rotation player
Believe me, nobody would like seeing us beat Bron & co. more than me tonight, I can't stand those guys, but after last night's W, I say sit Melo. Let him get that hand right...I'd seriously consider starting Chris Copeland in Melo's place..Melo's hurt, it'd be a nice reward for Cope for playing well against PHX last Sunday (why didn't he ever get back in that game in the 2nd half anyway?) and we'd be supplementing Melo's offense with another skilled offensive player so in terms of balance, offense for offense, I think it's the right move and worth a shot. Imagine if win or lose, Cope came out and had a big offensive night tonight against Miami, what a confidence booster that would be for the young man? And maybe it would finally prove to Woody that this kid can help us...Chandler, KT and Copeland would be my starting frontcourt tonight. Why push Melo with the lacerated hand? Give Cope and shot tonight and let's see what he can do against the best of the best. I think Cope could really surprise Miami..

Believe me, nobody would like seeing us beat Bron & co. more than me tonight, I can't stand those guys, but after last night's W, I say sit Melo. Let him get that hand right...I'd seriously consider starting Chris Copeland in Melo's place..Melo's hurt, it'd be a nice reward for Cope for playing well against PHX last Sunday (why didn't he ever get back in that game in the 2nd half anyway?) and we'd be supplementing Melo's offense with another skilled offensive player so in terms of balance, offense for offense, I think it's the right move and worth a shot. Imagine if win or lose, Cope came out and had a big offensive night tonight against Miami, what a confidence booster that would be for the young man? And maybe it would finally prove to Woody that this kid can help us...Chandler, KT and Copeland would be my starting frontcourt tonight. Why push Melo with the lacerated hand? Give Cope and shot tonight and let's see what he can do against the best of the best. I think Cope could really surprise Miami..

Lol... cocaine is one helluva drug..

LeFlume

All Star
I'm looking at Vegas and offshore books. Heat Minus 7-7.5 all over town. That tells me that Melo is a GO. If he would be ruled out we would see a line in the ball park of 10-10.5 or more. Vegas >>>>>>> Wall St :afro:

CA7

Scoring Champ

KnicksHeat.png

Game Story
Knicks-Heat Preview

By JEFF BARTL
Posted Dec 06 2012 12:51AM
Carmelo Anthony has been on a tear of late, but he wasn't on the court for the end of the New York Knicks' thrilling victory their last time out.
He may not be around for Thursday night's highly anticipated rematch with the Miami Heat, either.
A finger injury could keep Anthony from helping New York try to avoid its sixth straight defeat in Miami, while the Heat figure to be motivated after a stunning loss in the nation's capital.
Anthony entered Wednesday's game in Charlotte averaging 30.7 points over his previous six. He had 23 when he dove into the team's bench after a loose ball and suffered a deep cut to his left middle finger with 2:10 remaining.
That left the Knicks needing another option down the stretch. Enter J.R. Smith, who intercepted a pass with less than 20 seconds left, then hit a jumper as the buzzer sounded - the final two of his 13 points - to give the Knicks a 100-98 victory.
Tyson Chandler added 18 points and 17 rebounds.
"The huddle was very calm. They were like, 'Hey, we can win this,'" coach Mike Woodson said. "We missed a lot of good shots tonight, shots that we normally make, but J.R. hung in there and made the shot when it counted."
New York (13-4) has won five straight and has the best record in the Eastern Conference.
"I was hurt, but J.R. made it feel better," Anthony said.
How good it will feel Thursday remains to be seen. Anthony received five stitches for the laceration, though the injury is on his non-shooting hand.
"Right now it's numb, so I don't know," Anthony, averaging 28.4 points in his last 13 regular-season matchups with Miami, said of his chances to play against the Heat.
Anthony scored 30 points in New York's 104-84 home win over Miami on Nov. 2, but the Knicks have lost nine of the last 10 road meetings with the Heat - including the postseason.
Miami, though, is coming off a 105-100 loss at Washington - which had only one victory entering the contest - that snapped a season-best six-game winning streak.
"We understand that every team we play is going to play their best. They're going to make shots they don't make against other teams," LeBron James said after recording his 33rd career regular-season triple-double (26 points, 13 rebounds and 11 assists). "We understand teams are going to play better when they play against us. They're up for it and we have to be for teams as well."
James insisted the defeat is no more or less important than any other.
"Nah, man, there's no lesson. This ain't a lesson for us. We just lost," James said. "We've seen and been through everything, so we don't need a loss to be like, `Oh, let's catch ourselves.' It happens."
Chris Bosh scored 20 points and added 12 rebounds, while Dwyane Wade finished with 24 points.
"You move on," Wade said. "You learn from it, but you don't become a good team by holding onto certain losses - or certain wins."
James has averaged 30.6 points in his last 18 regular-season games against the Knicks, while Wade has averaged 30.3 in his last 13 in the series.
New York may heavily rely on Smith if Anthony can't go, but shooting against the Heat has been a struggle for Smith. He's hit just 33.6 percent from the field versus Miami in eight meetings since the start of last season.

Projected Starters
Heath.jpg

HeatTeam.jpg

at Forward "Mr. I need more help to win titles" LeBron James
at Forward "I was ass, got good, got paid then was ass again" Rashard Lewis
at Center "The last living dinosaur" Chris Bosh
at Guard "Mr. I'm a top 10 Point Guard" Mario Chalmers
at Guard "Mr. didn't win **** between Shaq and LeBron" Dwyane Wade
Your Coach for the Cryami Cheat Erik "With a K" Spoelstra

KnicksIMG.jpg

New-York-Knicks-2012-2013-Roster.jpg

at Guard from North Carolina Raymond Felton
at Guard from Arkansas Ronnie Brewer
at Center from Dominguez High School Tyson Chandler
at Forward from TCU Kurt Thomas
at Forward from Syracuse Carmelo Anthony
Your Coach of THE New York Knicks Mike Woodson
6 Keys to Victory
1. No second chance points/rebounding
2. Ball movement and player movement
3.Defend the 3 pointer
4. Make LeBron and Wade contested jump shooters
5. Maintain composure(Felton/Carmelo/JR/Tyson)
6. Transition Defense
Match-Up To Watch
KingvsDuck.jpg

Nothing else really matters. Which superstar will lead their team to victory. Can Carmelo handle the Miami defensive pressure. Can LeBron handle the New York defensive pressure
BOOBS1-1.gif

JaValeMcGee.jpg

JaVale is diggin the tits
#TAPE

Last edited by a moderator:

carlito1171

Rookie
NICE!!!!

Im amped for the game....one other key for the game is transition defense.

Can't let Bron and Wade get the fastbreak going...unstoppable in the open court.

metrocard

Legend
PROBABLE STARTERS

PG: Raymond Felton vs. Terrel Harris
SG: Jason Kidd vs. Dwyane Wade
SF: Ronnie Brewer vs. LeBron James
PF: Carmelo Anthony vs. Rashard Lewis
C: Tyson Chandler vs. Chris Bosh

i
i
i
i
i

i
i
i
i
i

INJURY REPORT

Questionable: Carmelo Anthony (lacerated finger), Shane Battier (knee), Norris Cole (groin)

Out: Marcus Camby (foot), Iman Shumpert (knee), Amar'e Stoudemire (knee), Mario Chalmers (finger)