tumblr_me4fqhZbQD1rltj1vo2_400.gif

The Knicks will be without...​
tumblr_md9gifgCDB1rnjkeuo1_500.gif
(*Melo scheduled to play)
and...​

Stoudemire_Battier_GIF.gif

or...​

tumblr_m9zywcrRa91roog4vo1_500.gif

The Knicks are perfect at home this season, and are 21-1 under coach Woodson at MSG!

knicks044547--430x180.jpg

NEW YORK (AP) - Jeremy Lin was barely hanging on to an NBA job when he stepped on the floor at Madison Square Garden last February.

He returns Monday having proven he's a legitimate starter and sometimes star, capable of energizing a franchise and a fan base, a player who saved his team's season and was rewarded with a lucrative contract.

Linsanity was short but spectacular, and even the New York Knicks' locker room is filled with Lin admirers.

Yet on the court, his old team hasn't missed him at all.

"What he did was amazing. I mean, I was watching every game. He was hitting game-winners, he was doing all that. He was amazing," point guard Raymond Felton said. "But it's time to move on. We're 18-5, whatever the record is, we're 10-0 at home, so no need to talk about that no more."

Lin makes his lone New York appearance with the Houston Rockets, who threw big dollars at Lin in July and were maybe just as surprised as so many others when the Knicks let them have him. They could have kept Lin simply by matching the Rockets' offer, which was widely considered to be a foregone conclusion, and the big-market Knicks certainly could have afforded him.

Instead, they traded for Felton, and signed Jason Kidd and Pablo Prigioni, and nobody can argue now. The Knicks are the best in the league in taking care of the ball - a Lin weakness even during his highest point - and they have the best record in the Eastern Conference with Felton and Kidd starting together in a two point guard backcourt.

The Rockets are 11-12 after Calderon messed around and got a tripple-double on Sunday.

TORONTO (AP) -- Add tight defense to a triple-double, and it was quite a game for Jose Calderon.

Calderon had 18 points, 14 assists, and 10 rebounds to lead short-handed Toronto over the Houston Rockets 103-96 Sunday, giving the Raptors consecutive wins for the first time in eight long months

:alert:X-tras:alert:​

Remember this?

EwingKnicks1994.jpg

hakeemolajuwon001077784.jpg

The series was hailed as a meeting of the two great centers who had previously played for a championship in college. In 1984 while Olajuwon was with the University of Houston and Ewing was with Georgetown University, Georgetown had beaten Houston 84?75 in the 1984 NCAA Championship game. In this series, however, Olajuwon is generally considered to have definitively outplayed Ewing,[1][2][3] outscoring him in every game of the series and posting numbers of 26.9 ppg on 50.0% shooting compared to Ewing's 18.9 ppg on 36.3% shooting.[4] However, Ewing set an NBA finals record in the series with a total of 30 blocks, and he tied the single-game record of 8 blocks in Game 5...

In Game 6, however, Rockets center Hakeem Olajuwon blocked a last-second championship-winning shot attempt by John Starks, giving the Rockets an 86?84 victory and forcing a Game 7...

The Rockets beat the Knicks in Game 7, 90?84, enabling the city of Houston to not only celebrate its first NBA and fifth professional sports championship (first in an existing league), but also deny New York from having both NBA and NHL championships in the same year. It is also the first time a Houston team won a championship in a league that still exists. For his efforts Olajuwon was named NBA Finals Most Valuable Player. For the Knicks, Riley had the unfortunate distinction of having become the first (and to this date, the only) coach to lose a Game 7 NBA Finals on two different teams, having lost to the Celtics in 1984. (wikipedia)

I know... that was some bullsh*t!

This is what dudes was doing in the club in 94'

download.php

Cue the Bitches!
tumblr_maqlkv4SN81ry1rm7o1_500.gif

e0pt9h.gif

524170.gif

Last edited:

Red

TYPE-A
My fault, wrote too early. Melo is back.

Then it’s time for payback. The Rockets whipped the Knicks, 131-103, on Nov. 23 in Houston — the Knick’s lone blowout loss.
“It was one of those games,’’ Felton said. “They got hot. We didn’t play our best game. We got beat. But they got to come to our building [tonight]. We’re going to be ready. You can believe that.’’
The Knicks, who should have Carmelo Anthony (ankle) back tonight, are amidst a 9-1 spree. They remain the NBA’s lone unbeaten team at home owning the East’s best record. Lin’s Rockets are a middling 11-12.
Lin has been barely adequate — averaging 10.8 points on 39.5 percent shooting, six assists, four rebounds.
Lin had one of his worst games yesterday — seven points on 3-of-9 shooting and two assists — and ripped himself afterward.
The Lin decision — not matching the Rockets’ 3-year, $25 million offer — is the rare Knicks move that has worked out big time for owner James Dolan.
W, with the depleted roster. Keep the streak going.

Last edited:

CoolClyde

QUITE the entertaining, last-minute red thread. dig the Rush Hour ref, the Houston/NY rivalry
from '94, all the pics and gifs... great job!

looking forward to Knicks payback for getting clobbered last game. the questions remain,
how to prevent Hardon from penetrating at will? How to keep JLingus out of the paint and
Knick's pockets?
how to stop Omar Ash*it from out-rebounding the entire NYK squad?
how to quell the other Chandler from looking like a perennial all-star?

DEFENSITY, brothers!

defensity.jpg

Protecting the home court is what it's all about, keeping these sceavy scheming conniving Houston mofo's at bay!

with the trueMelo out, who on the Knicks will take up the scoring slack?
Raymundo Feltip and JKidd aka Captain Clutch:
if Feltip can hit more shots than he misses, and provide a profundity of dimes, and JKidd keeps
playing the way he's been, Knicks should be in a good position to dominate.

the 3 ball: Junior Swish and Novakaine. more hits than misses. duh!
JR driving and thriving. key.

and lastly, the Prigger and Copelandia. these 2 need to be on the court at the same time.
The Land of Cope has proven he has mettle and at times a sense of a pure shot. he's also proven
he can score at will in the paint, but needs that PG awareness to get him the ball. fu*cking Prigger!!

JLin returns to the garden for the first time in 2012, here's to Limpsanity.

Let's go Knickerbockers!

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Wow... There goes 6 hours video editing down the drain.

6 hours!? Jesus! What have you been cooking up? It's not like you can't post your vid in here anyway. Would've been nice if Red let us know that he'd be doing the thread though. Bit miffed as to why he didn't.

I hope you haven't deleted your vid, smokes. I'm keen to check it out for sure.

smokes

Huge Member
Crazy⑧s;258784 said:
6 hours!? Jesus! What have you been cooking up? It's not like you can't post your vid in here anyway. Would've been nice if Red let us know that he'd be doing the thread though. Bit miffed as to why he didn't.

I hope you haven't deleted your vid, smokes. I'm keen to check it out for sure.

I deleted the Houston part of it. Hoping to get CA7's approval to modify it up and use it as the BKN thread.

I dunno bro, maybe you just have some mad editing skills. It took me like 2 days 10 hours a day to make the Wizards game video :barf:

CoolClyde

Wow... There goes 6 hours video editing down the drain.

not only do you NEED to post it, but Red owes it to you to edit into the GT, since you called dibs on it.

unless of course you deleted it without saving it...:wallbash:

Last edited:

smokes

Huge Member
It's all good, I was just emo-raging at the time, but I can salvage the best part of it for another game.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I deleted the Houston part of it. Hoping to get CA7's approval to modify it up and use it as the BKN thread.

I dunno bro, maybe you just have some mad editing skills. It took me like 2 days 10 hours a day to make the Wizards game video :barf:

Nah man, I just use my wife's Mac. It's p"ss easy to use and the software's standard. Would you like for me to dish you the Jan 3 VS Spurs game? It's the best in the East meets the best in the West. Give you a bit of time to scrape up files and ideas. I'll be happy to media fire you the clips I have of the previous game in SA cos you hooked me up with my recent youtube issues. Keen?

Thinking of scooping up some tickets tomorrow and catching this game. I guess Stubhub is the best way to do that? I wouldn't know. I go to college 6 hours away and haven't been able to get to the Garden in awhile.

smokes

Huge Member
^ I'd like to hear back from CA7 first, the stuff I;m working on is perfect for the Brooklyn game, so we will see.

smokes

Huge Member
Thinking of scooping up some tickets tomorrow and catching this game. I guess Stubhub is the best way to do that? I wouldn't know. I go to college 6 hours away and haven't been able to get to the Garden in awhile.

We have a thread on here with season ticket holders and stuff, might wanna have a holla in that thread.

Red

TYPE-A
There's a good chance Melo's gonna play

Yeah he is.

Green Rep for Melo if he suits up and coming back fast from that spill.

He knows the Importance of our winning streaks... home and overall. That's what leaders do. He is a man on a mission.

CoolClyde

Yeah he is.

Green Rep for Melo if he suits up and coming back fast from that spill.

He knows the Importance of our winning streaks... home and overall. That's what leaders do. He is a man on a mission.

ha! wish i could give Knicks green/red rep.

good news re Melo. he needs to back up that "ridicu-lin contract" remark.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
ha! wish i could give Knicks green/red rep.

good news re Melo. he needs to back up that "ridicu-lin contract" remark.

The C*ckets aren't gonna be pulling another fast one on the Knicks again. MSG is feared ground! Harden will shave his beard off after this royal bottom raping.