The Mike Wood Son Show

CoolClyde

watched the latest episode, right before the Knicks got pummeled by the Bulls tonite.
this is an EXCELLENT show! as opposed to the Mike Antoni show that I couldn't bear to watch,
because I couldnt stand to see his smug face and attitude, Mike Woodson is one of the most
intelligent, caring coaches out there, and one of my favorite Knick coaches.

His rapport with Sheed has to be seen, and Alan Hahn actually does a great job interviewing
coach, and getting answers. I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of this program, and I encourage
all Knick fans to watch.
:2cents:

CoolClyde

^prob not, you know how corporate entities such as MSG prevent youtube from showing their copyrighted material...

Munchen13

Benchwarmer
I saw some of it before the knicks game last night, good stuff from woody.

And did you see how he responded to the press after the game? He basically blamed himself, and only himself for the loss.
He said that it was "bad coaching" that lead to the loss.

Stupid reports tried to make him criticize some of our players, but he just refused to do so in such a classy manner.

Woody is brilliant at coaching, he treats the players in a smart way.

Red

TYPE-A
watched the latest episode, right before the Knicks got pummeled by the Bulls tonite.
this is an EXCELLENT show! as opposed to the Mike Antoni show that I couldn't bear to watch,
because I couldnt stand to see his smug face and attitude, Mike Woodson is one of the most
intelligent, caring coaches out there, and one of my favorite Knick coaches.

His rapport with Sheed has to be seen, and Alan Hahn actually does a great job interviewing
coach, and getting answers. I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of this program, and I encourage
all Knick fans to watch.
:2cents:

Yes I agree.

Would you consider coach stubborn for going small so much, or is it out of necessity? Consider some games where our bigs suited up, but saw little minutes.

CoolClyde

Yes I agree.

Would you consider coach stubborn for going small so much, or is it out of necessity? Consider some games where our bigs suited up, but saw little minutes.

as coach has said before, he goes with matchups and a feel for the game.
his winning record attests to him being right most of the time.

Sheed has been getting plenty of minutes, and Gumby has not been 100% since day one.
KT has gotten run but not really performed all that well, so you've got to trust the judgement
call of using the bigs when necessary.

Kiyaman

Legend
I give Woody big-props for showing consistent winning B.ball to a confuse Knicks organization .. Knicks-Fans we have to be proud of Woody for doing something we havnt seen since having coach Pat Riley in MSG.

I havnt watch the Mike Woodson show on MSG channel, because the Mike Dantoni propaganda show turned my stomach to listen to a man without a plan.
I will check the Woody show after reading this thread.

Mike Woodson is a decent coach that need to man-up and start man-handling the so-call star players that were put on this roster ....

1) PG-Felton is a chucker PG that dont Gell with any of his teammates, and when faced with an oposition who have a decent PG & Center Felton is useless.
Evaluation after the first 25 games Felton earned 24 minutes of playingtime the rest of the season till he become more consistent at getting more than two teammates points, plus learn how to run a fastbreak, and put more effort on defending oposition PG.

2) SG-JR.Smith are an inconsistent chucker who need to move without the ball and learn to catch a pass while in movement, and start taking the ball inside the paint to score more than once a game, get to the free throw line more than one time every two games, run out infront of a fastbreak for a lob pass, plus learn to stay in front of oponents on defense, and switch quickly on a pick n roll.
Evaluation after the first 25 games JR minutes need to decrease to 24 minutes of playingtime too.

3) SF-Novak is a peremeter shooter who should only be put on the court at spurts with teammates who will provide Novak with double picks and double screens for open 3s.
Evaluation after 25 games Novak non-movement on offense does not get any of his defender tired or aghausted so Novak minutes should be decrease to 12 minutes of playingtime till he learn to be that 2nd screen or pick for teammates then keep it moving without the ball on offense.

4) SF-Rookie Copeland should get early minutes off the bench in the first-half in lineups with two other bigmen prefer Tyson & Kurt, or Kurt & Rasheed, or even Tyson & Melo .. Copeland is a future depth product that need playingtime with all our bigmen "Old-Heads" to prepare him for his original position at PF.
Evaluation after 25 games of mostly DNP, Copeland deserve consistent playingtime to gain confidence in self and teammates .. 24 minutes per game.

5) ???
6) ???
7) ???
8) ???
9) ???
10) ???
11) ???
12) ???

DrB

Benchwarmer
I give Woody big-props for showing consistent winning B.ball to a confuse Knicks organization .. Knicks-Fans we have to be proud of Woody for doing something we havnt seen since having coach Pat Riley in MSG.

I havnt watch the Mike Woodson show on MSG channel, because the Mike Dantoni propaganda show turned my stomach to listen to a man without a plan.
I will check the Woody show after reading this thread.

Mike Woodson is a decent coach that need to man-up and start man-handling the so-call star players that were put on this roster ....

1) PG-Felton is a chucker PG that dont Gell with any of his teammates, and when faced with an oposition who have a decent PG & Center Felton is useless.
Evaluation after the first 25 games Felton earned 24 minutes of playingtime the rest of the season till he become more consistent at getting more than two teammates points, plus learn how to run a fastbreak, and put more effort on defending oposition PG.

2) SG-JR.Smith are an inconsistent chucker who need to move without the ball and learn to catch a pass while in movement, and start taking the ball inside the paint to score more than once a game, get to the free throw line more than one time every two games, run out infront of a fastbreak for a lob pass, plus learn to stay in front of oponents on defense, and switch quickly on a pick n roll.
Evaluation after the first 25 games JR minutes need to decrease to 24 minutes of playingtime too.

3) SF-Novak is a peremeter shooter who should only be put on the court at spurts with teammates who will provide Novak with double picks and double screens for open 3s.
Evaluation after 25 games Novak non-movement on offense does not get any of his defender tired or aghausted so Novak minutes should be decrease to 12 minutes of playingtime till he learn to be that 2nd screen or pick for teammates then keep it moving without the ball on offense.

4) SF-Rookie Copeland should get early minutes off the bench in the first-half in lineups with two other bigmen prefer Tyson & Kurt, or Kurt & Rasheed, or even Tyson & Melo .. Copeland is a future depth product that need playingtime with all our bigmen "Old-Heads" to prepare him for his original position at PF.
Evaluation after 25 games of mostly DNP, Copeland deserve consistent playingtime to gain confidence in self and teammates .. 24 minutes per game.

5) ???
6) ???
7) ???
8) ???
9) ???
10) ???
11) ???
12) ???
Most of your acessments are wrong . JR has had 3 superb games in a row and Felton is still pentrating and and running the PNR but your point on Copeland is clearly correct. After MELO, JR, and FELTON rookie PF Copeland is the fourth best option to score....maybe ahead of the current hand bruised Felton. COPELAND MUST BE GIVEN MINUTES BECAUSE HE HAS EARNED THEM.

CoolClyde

snippets of wood

you can see snippets of the show here:
http://www.msg.com/shows/the-mike-woodson-show.html

here's a good snippet about...

defensity.jpg

http://www.msg.com/videos/wired-coach-wants-the-knicks-to-regain-defensive-intensity-1220.html

:gony:

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I saw the latest ep. Woodson does have a great rapport w the players. They really respect him. I was wrong bout this coach. He's a keeper and one of the better coaches in the league now imo. He's a real leader of men.

CoolClyde

for those of you who do not get MSG (and miss out on the fantastic color commentary of
Clyde Frazier with most Knicks games), here is a link to the Mike Woodson show snippets.

http://www.msg.com/shows/the-mike-woodson-show.html

I have watched every episode, and without doubt, he is one of my favorite coaches.
it is night and day watching him coach my favorite team, as opposed to Mike Clamtoni's
approach. Wood Son is warm, smart, sensitive, totally a player's coach, and has a
GREAT sense of humor, about himself, the team, his players, but above all, he is
a fantastic coach who is all about defense and getting the best out of his team.

props to Wood Son and the Mike Woodson show.