Avery Johnson fired by Brooklyn Nets!

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
How does somebody win coach of the month and then gets fired afterwards?

All NBA teams have scouting departments, they get a few reports of how to attack/defend Brooklyn and boom, game over for the nets. Look what happened to the 2007 Mavs, when Avery won 67 games and got a spanking too by GSW. Nelson basically quadrupled Dirk that series and Avery could make suitable adjustments. Dirk back then is better than anything the Nets have. You isolate B type players constantly, they will get shut down eventually.

knicksin60

Starter
All NBA teams have scouting departments, they get a few reports of how to attack/defend Brooklyn and boom, game over for the nets. Look what happened to the 2007 Mavs, when Avery won 67 games and got a spanking too by GSW. Nelson basically quadrupled Dirk that series and Avery could make suitable adjustments. Dirk back then is better than anything the Nets have. You isolate B type players constantly, they will get shut down eventually.

Avery Johnson has always been a mediocre coach. He was two wins away from winning a title and couldn't coach his team to close out that series.He had a championship roster in Dallas and got knocked out of the first round twice. I don't think he would have gotten fired this early in the season had the Nets not started out 11-4. The expectations on him dramatically increased after that hot start. Had the Nets been around .500 the entire season it would have been a different story.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
20120323_jtl_sg8_166.0_standard_352.0.jpg

Starks

Starter
I think we all saw this coming...just not now. I thought he'd make it through until they eventually get swept in the first round

CoolClyde

Grammar police!!!

<<Johnson's son, Avery Jr., voiced his displeasure over his father's dismissal with tweets of his own.

"The expectations were way to high for this team. We didn't even have a losing record.... Didn't even give my dad a full season. #OUTRAGE" he tweeted.

"I'm sorry are best players couldn't make open shots. Yeah that's my dads fault totally...">>

"way to high?" "are best players?"

you'd think Johnson's son would have proper schooling for spelling and grammar.
wtf? at least he knows proper sarcasm.

even the polish guys on this forum have better grammar.... not.

fyi, it's "way TOO high" (like some KO members on the weekend)
and "OUR best players"

a free english lesson from your resident nazi grammar police.

Munchen13

Benchwarmer
I remember seeing an episode of the association when the coach had to tell some players after yje training camp ended that they weren't chosen for the season's roster. It would be funny to see the next episode when he appears on the other side as those players lol.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
LOL, saw that episode too, thought Avery is a pretty cool guy and deserves at least to finish his contract. His team is what it is, i don't see how Phil Jackson can take it where media predicted in the start of the season.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Ridiculous firing imo. The Nets will always be the Nets.

Bulls eye... It's so gratifying for them to struggle after they hyped them up to contend and be better then us for a championship and they only added jj.... Where's charles barkley at. At least shaq believes in us.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

New New York

Quiet Storm
Avery is fired because they bought into their own hype...this a 45-37 team 48-34 at the very best an they felt they are a Championship contender

.500 record with all the newly acquired pieces makes sense...they are very much in the hunt for a playoff position and considering they have been lottery bound since 2004 or so this is still an improvement

Problem is too many teams are trying to catch lighting in a bottle like Boston in 08 and Miami instead if letting their team come together like OKC

What coach is gonna want to coach for a team with overly high expectations? Their owner gaurenteed a title by next year and by firing your coach at this point shows more than just rhetoric but actually belief in this concept

The other problem is they ran their mouths about taking over NY and we stayed quiet and let our game talk now The Knicks are an elite and they are feeling pressure to keep up!

Jealous little Brothers is all they are!!!

Let them get a big name coach they'll fail and The Nets will make more desperate moves!

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Deron Williams has been average, what does the organization expect?

It's like the Nets firing Lawrence Frank during the 2009-2010 season. Firing a coach because not winning with that team.

tiger0330

Legend
14-14 record and you fire the guy. Why not fire Doc Rivers or any coach playing less than .500 ball.

Put in another coach and let the Nets play .500 ball for him and the chips will fall in Billy King's lap for putting together this underachieving Nets roster and then you can fire the right guy BILLY KING.