Avery Johnson fired by Brooklyn Nets!

CoolClyde

14-14 record and you fire the guy. Why not fire Doc Rivers or any coach playing less than .500 ball.

Put in another coach and let the Nets play .500 ball for him and the chips will fall in Billy King's lap for putting together this underachieving Nets roster and then you can fire the right guy BILLY KING.

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE NYETS AND THE CELTDICKS:

Danny Ainge expressed belief in Doc Rivers despite the Boston Celtics' 14-14 record.

"Doc (Rivers) has proven his worth as a coach," Ainge said. "There's nobody I want more to coach my team, than Doc Rivers."

The Celtics entered the season with high aspirations after an active summer that saw them sign Jeff Green, Jason Terry, Darko Milicic and Chris Wilcox as free agents.

"When the team isn't winning, that's just as much my fault as it is Doc's fault," Ainge said. "We're in this together, with the success and the failure of the team. A lot of times, players aren't doing their part. Sometimes it's the coaches not doing their part. Sometimes it's me not doing my part, and my staff. We have to evaluate all of it and find the real reasons why the team isn't performing to our standards and try to make the best of it."