David Lee

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
David Lee has been great this season. Maybe his best.

I'd love for him to be a Knick again one day. For now, I'll enjoy him on the Warriors. I like that team. The arena (ceiling), lighting, classy logo, and passionate fans remind me of the Knicks.

Yeah he's been a beast so far this year. He is putting up similar numbers as when he was Mr. double double in an NY uniform. Idk about his defense though. GSW has put together a nice squad this season.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Let me take this time to apologize to all the Lee fans, you guys were right all along.

David Lee >> Amarknee

David lee is not better then amare.... He has kevin love syndrome, empty stats that really don't effect the outcome of a close game...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

knicksince 93

Rotation player
No you guys are caught up in the moment... Its like when u break up with a girl anf u find someone else, then time goes by and u see your ex and u go "damn i shouldn't have let her go" yall just looking at a declining amare and his contract. But u take away his production in conjunction with his salary he's still better then him. Typical new york fans never satisfied with anything. We could swap and it'll be a matter of time before yall start girling about how we shouldn't have done that. David lee is anf always will be an empty stat player. We can go back and forth about who's better between them 2 and i am pretty sure i am in the minority. But the truth 100 percent is David lee is an empty stat Player and amare OUR amare has always been an impact player.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Yea, pretty much a senseless post and dude who hasn't been up to date in David Lee's game.

U called warriors elite because of Andrew bogut so(while alot of your posts are credible) your whole view of the warriors is jacked up

knicksince 93

Rotation player
What can he do better then amare? Amare can run the floor better then him. He has a further range them, a better handle them. A better shot blocker then him, a better on ball defender then him, he's a more legitimate go guy then him, he faster then him, stonger then him. Oh yea david lee can pass better then him.... David lee will never average 26 a game, or start an all star game. While stat isn't that force anymore that a powerful sentiment enough to say amare at 75 percent of what he was is better then someone elses 3 rd best player.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
what can he do better then amare? Amare can run the floor better then him. he has a further range them, a better handle them. a better shot blocker then him, a better on ball defender then him, he's a more legitimate go guy then him, he faster then him, stonger then him. Oh yea david lee can pass better then him.... David lee will never average 26 a game, or start an all star game. While stat isn't that force anymore that a powerful sentiment enough to say amare at 75 percent of what he was is better then someone elses 3 rd best player.

Sent from my sph-d710 using tapatalk 2
:? :? :? :? :?

knicksince 93

Rotation player
:? :? :? :? :?

Your smark response leads me to believe you have no real one, because a fact is a fact. Stop getting caught in stuff. His numbers aren't anything extraordina, they're exactly on par with his previous years numbers. it's the same david lee as last year and he last few years with the knicks. The team is winning that doesn't mean he's improved

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Your smark response leads me to believe you have no real one, because a fact is a fact. Stop getting caught in stuff. His numbers aren't anything extraordina, they're exactly on par with his previous years numbers. it's the same david lee as last year and he last few years with the knicks. The team is winning that doesn't mean he's improved

You said Amar'e's ball handling is better than David Lee's. David Lee's handles is light years ahead of Amar'e's.

David Lee has good range and is consistent.

David Lee is a lot more versatile on offense.

David Lee is a good and much better passer.

Maybe David Lee never had the two month Stoudemire had during his first two months as a Knick, but that's two months. I don't care if David Lee improved or not, him doing this same thing every year is exceptional, and how in the hell is it empty when they have a very good record and are beating tough teams? If anything this shows he has improved. Do you even watch Warrior games?

Also, Kevin Love has empty stats? Please explain this one. They've been hurt, and he's still been leading the team to a record keeping them in the Playoff race.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
The t wolves are a 500. When kevin love missed time this year they were stilk a 500 team which means his stats aren't affecting the wins and loses. Don't merge this into a twolves/kevin love discussion to get away from david lee... I don't really believe I'm arguing with someone who is saying that David lee, 1 time all star is better than amare, who didn't have 2 good months as a knick he's had a decade of dominance... Amare's worst year last year in the league. his number are in line with d. Lees career numbers. His team is better because stephen curry is healthy anf klay thompson is hooping. I don't I'm comparing stat to david lee. Smh....

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
The t wolves are a 500. When kevin love missed time this year they were stilk a 500 team which means his stats aren't affecting the wins and loses. Don't merge this into a twolves/kevin love discussion to get away from david lee... I don't really believe I'm arguing with someone who is saying that David lee, 1 time all star is better than amare, who didn't have 2 good months as a knick he's had a decade of dominance... Amare's worst year last year in the league. his number are in line with d. Lees career numbers. His team is better because stephen curry is healthy anf klay thompson is hooping. I don't I'm comparing stat to david lee. Smh....

You're the one who brought up Kevin Love.

A decade of dominance? I haven't watched a lot of him in his Suns days, but I do know he had an amazing PG on his team feeding him most of that time.

You're the one ignoring what I said. You stated straight up false information. Did you see Amar'e dribble the ball off his foot tonight? He may be rusty, but that's nothing new.

I'm pulling for STAT and hope he comes back to how he was early on with the Knicks when he did have a bigger impact than Lee, but stop denying David Lee is getting things done and Bogut hasn't even played.

Yes, the Timberwolves were winning without Love, they have a lot of good players and a good coach. This still doesn't explain how his stats are empty.

CoolClyde

let's not forget all the Lee doubters chalking up his double-double stats to Antoni's SSOL.
not only does Lee currently have virtually identical numbers to his best season with the Knicks,
but he's become an integral part of the Mark Jackson GS scheme, working incredibly well
with Steph Curry and crew.
he's not injury-prone like STAT has turned out to be, his short-range shot is better than STAT's,
his rebounding is better, and he's LEADING his team to a much better record year after year.

perhaps STAT is a better player overall, when and if he's healthy, but for the money being paid both players, I prefer David Lee.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
That does explain how his stats are empty. You just refrain from accepting it. They're 500 with him or without him. Thats clearly an indication of empty stats. As far as you're statements I'm pretty sure david lee dribbled the ball off his foot before. Actually Jason kidd lost a playoff game against the heat dribbling the ball off his foot in the waning seconds. So does that mean he can't handle the ball? Hell no. U say u didn't watch him in phoenix and i respect that admittance when most people would just act like they did for the sake of winning an arguement. But if u didn't watch him in phoenix then u can't give the credit to the point guard because I've been a stat fan since pheonix and he was no joke and nash benefited him just as much as he benifited nash. All I'm sayin is david lee isn't doing anything that he hasn't done before. But that doesn't mean the perception of him as a player should move up a tier or 2.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
That does explain how his stats are empty. You just refrain from accepting it. They're 500 with him or without him. Thats clearly an indication of empty stats. As far as you're statements I'm pretty sure david lee dribbled the ball off his foot before. Actually Jason kidd lost a playoff game against the heat dribbling the ball off his foot in the waning seconds. So does that mean he can't handle the ball? Hell no. U say u didn't watch him in phoenix and i respect that admittance when most people would just act like they did for the sake of winning an arguement. But if u didn't watch him in phoenix then u can't give the credit to the point guard because I've been a stat fan since pheonix and he was no joke and nash benefited him just as much as he benifited nash. All I'm sayin is david lee isn't doing anything that he hasn't done before. But that doesn't mean the perception of him as a player should move up a tier or 2.

Whether or not STAT was awesome on his own or not on the Suns doesn't mean he's the same player.

I said Amar'e when healthy and determined has had a bigger impact than David Lee, but David is usually healthy and is consistent, and the Warriors are having a very good season.

Amar'e has dribbled it off his foot a LOT. Him being fancy is not part of his game yet he's done it many times. His decision making was bad a lot of the time.

As far as Love and their record with and without him goes, that's not clearly an indication of empty stats. Explain the negatives in his game that would make this true. How many players can rebound like him?

If you wanna talk empty stats players, then talk Rondo.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
So you would rather have someone who's stats don't determine wins and losses as opposed to an individual who can have a major impact on wins and losses. Maybe in golden state thats acceptable but not with a contending team. Kevin loss not affecting wins and losses with his game imo is the definition of empty stats. You should get better when your star returns not stay the same. That has nothing to do with what i believe his limitations are as a player, in which i don't think there aren't many. Rondo is not an empty stat player, when he doesn't play the celtics are putrid on both sides of the ball. Impact players vs consistency is i guess the discussion here. When has a contending team ever traded away the impact player for the more consistent but just blends in the game-we cant go to you in crunch time because u can't dominate player. 2 trades that pop up immediately are the sixers swapping theo ratliff for deke and the celtics swapping al jefferson for kg. Al Jefferson was a monster but he isn't kg as far as determining wins and losses with his contributions on the court. I guess david lee at 3rd or 4th option is good for him to just blend in and not try to do to much like stat does alot. But he is clearly our second best player and our second best player should be better then the warriors 3rd best player because we are deeper and better then them correct?