David Lee

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
So you would rather have someone who's stats don't determine wins and losses as opposed to an individual who can have a major impact on wins and losses. Maybe in golden state thats acceptable but not with a contending team. Kevin loss not affecting wins and losses with his game imo is the definition of empty stats. You should get better when your star returns not stay the same. That has nothing to do with what i believe his limitations are as a player, in which i don't think there aren't many. Rondo is not an empty stat player, when he doesn't play the celtics are putrid on both sides of the ball. Impact players vs consistency is i guess the discussion here. When has a contending team ever traded away the impact player for the more consistent but just blends in the game-we cant go to you in crunch time because u can't dominate player. 2 trades that pop up immediately are the sixers swapping theo ratliff for deke and the celtics swapping al jefferson for kg. Al Jefferson was a monster but he isn't kg as far as determining wins and losses with his contributions on the court. I guess david lee at 3rd or 4th option is good for him to just blend in and not try to do to much like stat does alot. But he is clearly our second best player and our second best player should be better then the warriors 3rd best player because we are deeper and better then them correct?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
The Warriors are MUCH better than the previous two years in which David Lee was there. It's very reasonable to believe David Lee is having an impact. Monta Ellis isn't even there anymore.

On this Knicks team I'd have more faith in David Lee as a player. Stoudemire has to prove he can be that BIG impact player he once was. I haven't denied his impact when he was on. It's been about two years since we saw that Stoudemire consistently.

I understand you're meaning of empty stats player, impact player, we both agree on the meaning of it. I just don't understand why you feel that way about David Lee, especially with the big turn around the team has gone, and actually, Curry got injured last season after they started well.

I don't base players off of stats, but I've read that the Celtics defense is better without him, at least in previous seasons. The Celtics aren't even in the top 8 in the East. He's not the incredible player people say he is to me. Obviously it's a team game and KG and Pierce aren't what they used to be, and I haven't watched Rondo much this season, but Rondo never impressed me enough to be an All-Star in my eyes, let alone superstar. He'd had some big games, but not enough to me.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
If you're watching this game against the Clippers, you'd be seeing an example of why David Lee has an impact on his team.

metrocard

Legend
The Warriors are MUCH better than the previous two years in which David Lee was there. It's very reasonable to believe David Lee is having an impact. Monta Ellis isn't even there anymore.

On this Knicks team I'd have more faith in David Lee as a player. Stoudemire has to prove he can be that BIG impact player he once was. I haven't denied his impact when he was on. It's been about two years since we saw that Stoudemire consistently.

I understand you're meaning of empty stats player, impact player, we both agree on the meaning of it. I just don't understand why you feel that way about David Lee, especially with the big turn around the team has gone, and actually, Curry got injured last season after they started well.

I don't base players off of stats, but I've read that the Celtics defense is better without him, at least in previous seasons. The Celtics aren't even in the top 8 in the East. He's not the incredible player people say he is to me. Obviously it's a team game and KG and Pierce aren't what they used to be, and I haven't watched Rondo much this season, but Rondo never impressed me enough to be an All-Star in my eyes, let alone superstar. He'd had some big games, but not enough to me.

I can't agree anymore, Rondo is really overrated; what if he started his career with Sacramento?

knicksince 93

Rotation player

I also think that david lee would be better for this team, the reason is because his responsibilities wouldn't be anything but to fit in. Now amares responsibility on our team is to be a superstar, to form our superstar tandem to take down the heat. Well he isn't gonna be a superstar but he still can be an all star and david lee at best is a glorified role player. He's been there a few years now but now all of a sudden there good and it's because of him? I tend to think its the growth of there guard play and mark jackson, d lee is super consistent but don't believe the hype and boast him better then amare. If we swapped stat would be there best player and d lee would be 3rd at best over here. But he does fit better over here then stat. However if i rank the players stat still comes before him.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Where did u read that at about rondo? Twitter? Newspaper? Any other media outlet? Those guys aren't basketball experts so most of them really dont know, they just have degrees in journalism which in favor gives them a platform to voice what they THINK but what they think really is just that and not anymore valid then what we think.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Where did u read that at about rondo? Twitter? Newspaper? Any other media outlet? Those guys aren't basketball experts so most of them really dont know, they just have degrees in journalism which in favor gives them a platform to voice what they THINK but what they think really is just that and not anymore valid then what we think.

It's stats I read more than once not that long ago. As I said, I'm not basing my opinion off that, just something to consider.

KingCharles34

All Star
David lee is not better then amare.... He has kevin love syndrome, empty stats that really don't effect the outcome of a close game...

Just seen this now

deadmanny.png
dead.png
CsL1W.png
PnYgp.png

YUBYq.png

KingCharles34

All Star
soooo does this validate his name or any of his/yall opinions? those posts were the dumbest attempt at validation to the max. i could do that with rick brunson and make him look like kobe. complete buffonery on your part metro.

I'm not in the habit of responding to posters that compare rick brunson to Steph Marbury or Kobe Bryant.

Take your ass back to high school and read a book or something. Pardon my back

knicksince 93

Rotation player
No high schooler would know who rick brunson is, or understand why his name was mentioned in that manner. In no way did i compare rick brunson to the greats. My antagonism was towards a highlight reel being used to justify... Idk what yall thought it justified but i can do that with the leagues worst players and thwy will look exactly like those Steph ones. That's a fail from a very loyal poster. Notice i said loyal and not credible because just cuz you have 4 digit posts doesn't mean they're credible. And a highlight reel to prove someone is legit is just a smh, palm on face moment.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Yea, that's what I'm waiting for.
im not a video editor nor would i oblige. being tho that i have a real life outside the internet. im sure rick brunson has enough highlights(maybe not on youtube) to put together a few good plays to look like an all star. however the fact that you 2(tweedledee and tweedledum) continue to go at me, just flatters me and will do more for me then any rep point. thank you very much.... now back to the original dialogue the rendered a response from you. stat vs david lee. if stat conitnues to just stand around out there and very minimal contributions then he doesnt deserve for anyone to have his back when being compared to someone he should be better then. therefore i may end up realizing david lee is better. cant defend against his injuries and lack of tenacity.