The Clippers ended the year on a 17 game WIN streak .. WTF

Kiyaman

Legend
For over 40 sumthin years the cheap LA Clippers organization were known as the NBA garbage Lottery Team ....
WTH happen???

Clippers headcoach Del Negro has an undercover assistant coach name Chauncey Billups that stayed in every Clippers-players ear during their 25-6 record .. winning all 16 games in the month of December.

Chris Paul & Blake Griffin are the NBA elite Super-Stars, that happen to have outstanding depth from a star-role-player point-foward on their bench name Lamar Odom, who has multi-positional talent on both ends of the court to lift his bench-teammates performance .. having an offense/defense bench-rotation of "Bledsoe/Crawford/Barnes/Odom/Turiaf/Hollins" GELLIN so strong the Clippers coach Del Negro are unable to give the team Super-Star players "CP3 & Griffin" one minute over 32 minutes of playingtime in 31 games.

What does the Clippers have that the Knicks are lacking .. other than a healthy 11-man rotation that was ready for all 31 games?

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I didn't expect the Clippers to have such a big winning streak.

The Knicks could go on a big run too when Melo, Stoudemire, and Shump returns. They've played great with just Melo and have won without all three AND no Felton.

I'm not surprised. They got the best PG in the NBA & a former finals MVP in his ear, one of the league's premier PF's in Griffin, and some solid role players (Crawford, Jordan, Barnes etc). I can't believe i'm saying this but the Clippers have a legit shot at winning it all this season.

knicksin60

Starter
Am not going to crown the Clippers champions just yet. The Western Conference is a lot more competitive than it has been in recent years with 6 teams that could easily make it to the NBA finals. Anything can happen in a long 82 game season and one major injury to Paul or Griffin could jeopardize them in the playoffs.

Regular season success doesn't mean as much as it used to in today's NBA. We've seen the Rockets win 22 games a few years ago and get knocked off in the first round. The Dallas Mavericks won 67 games not so long ago and lost in the first round as well. When the playoffs get underway several teams bring their A game and the challenge becomes a lot difficult than it has ever been.

metrocard

Legend
Blake Griffin is not an elite player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's top 15, he improved a lot defensively and offensively also. Don't let the stats fool you. This is a guy who averaged Tim Duncan like rookie numbers(minus the shot blocking)

Stop hating.

BTW Kiyaman, Clippers have Chris Paul and Paul will make any team look good, did we forget what he did in New Orleans? He just happens to have better pieces in LA, Griffin is 100X better than David West, and DeAndre Joran is becoming like Tyson Chandler.

Paul deserves an MVP already, he's the 3rd best basketball in the NBA, especially when healthy. Best PG by far and always thought he was before Rose exploded and people were hyping up Deron Williams and Rondo. Paul is the total package, you gotta respect that.

bigapple

Starter
dont u remember this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kbn72J8ass4

dallas mavs they were 65-17 in RS they simply sweeeeping anyone

but in playoffs they were playing like rookies

i also wast sitting watching GSW they could even past Utah but guess who came back and stop them.

but Dallas from 2011 got extremely roster which was enough to break Heat.

petescud

Starter
Yeah 17 straight is sick...They did only play about 10 of them with teams under .500 though. Still very impressive. Funny thing though is all the elite teams are healthy except us and Chicago (Rose)...If Miami, Clippers, Grizz, Spurs or any of the top teams lose 3 of their starters like we are right now (and we've been down 2 of them all year)...they wouldn't be in the top 10 teams, never alone like us in the top 5 teams

Kiyaman

Legend
Am not going to crown the Clippers champions just yet. The Western Conference is a lot more competitive than it has been in recent years with 6 teams that could easily make it to the NBA finals. Anything can happen in a long 82 game season and one major injury to Paul or Griffin could jeopardize them in the playoffs.

Regular season success doesn't mean as much as it used to in today's NBA. We've seen the Rockets win 22 games a few years ago and get knocked off in the first round. The Dallas Mavericks won 67 games not so long ago and lost in the first round as well. When the playoffs get underway several teams bring their A game and the challenge becomes a lot difficult than it has ever been.

The most important thang about the 25-6 Clippers is the same thang as the 25-8 Spurs, only thing differ are the Clippers are a younger roster than the Spurs roster ....
Both teams 11-man rotation played all 31 games, plus their star-players average less than 32 mpg .. staying safe away from strain injuries during the season ..
plus when the midseason arrive a healthy Billups playing 30 plus games to give rest to the guard-rotation, puts the Clippers 3+ points ahead of all the top contenders in the West in a series.

KingCharles34

All Star
Im sorry fellas but I have to say I f*ckin love the Clippers. What a team they are to watch. Chris Paul...its a f*ckin crime his name isn't mentioned more in the MVP talks. Hes as competitive as anybody else, Blake has stepped up his game alot this year too. LA's new dance instructor...Jamal Crossovers been killin it breaking ankles left and right. This Clippers team is right there with the current Knicks and the Nash-Matrix-Amare Big 3 as one of the most entertaining teams I've ever seen.

*edit*

Clippers and Nuggets tonight on NBA TV, Battle of LA Friday night

bigapple

Starter
for Knicks more interesting is friday Bulls @ Heat

the best PG is for now withous two words Parker. This dude is simply like french TGV he is playing such many fastbreaks thats why i am calling Tony waiter Parker even Rondo is playing @ his level

only Lawson is much faster well maybe Westbrook too.