Knicks V Blazers - Tuesday, Jan 1 2013. HNY, KO!

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
qylum.gif

nXq1B.gif

8261.gif

STAT's Back!

amare.png

After undergoing preseason knee surgery, New York Knicks All-Star forward Amar'e Stoudemirewill make his season debut on Tuesday night against the Portland Trail Blazers, a league source told Yahoo! Sports.

Amar'e Stoudemire takes a practice shot before the Knicks' home game vs. the Lakers on Dec. 13. (AP).
>Whether or not Carmelo Anthony returns from his hyper-extended knee on Tuesday, the plan remains for Stoudemire to come off the Knicks' bench. Anthony told reporters that he will test his knee in pre-game on Tuesday and then make a determination on returning to the lineup.

Stoudemire, 30, has been one of the NBA's elite power forwards and had come into training camp believing he had worked himself into the best shape of his professional career. Nevertheless, Stoudemire suffered a knee injury in October, underwent surgery on Oct. 21 and has been rehabbing the injury most recently in practices with the Knicks' D-League franchise in Erie and finally with the Knicks.

"We need him," Anthony told Yahoo! Sports' Marc Spears on Friday. "I know we are playing well, but the more bodies, the better, especially at this point where guys are doing well. ?We are ready for him."

The Knicks are 21-9, leaders in the Atlantic Division and a half-game behind the Miami Heat for the best record in the Eastern Conference.

JJ4wM.gif

Was gonna make a thread in anticipation for this!

STAT GONNA BEAST!!!!!!!!!!

Been a supporter of Amare's all off season and not gonna stop now.

Stat may not do anything special tonight but by next month Stat will return to All Star form

Tonight is the first step

Can't lie I am worried about how he and Melo will co-exist at first and what the implications will be to our record...but by seasons end I know they will be the tandem we all envisioned

Stat will open the floor for Melo and our shooters and doubling off of Amare is way different than doubling off Brewer...Melo's scoring will go down...his assist and shooting numbers will go up

Felton's shot selection will improve and shooting pct will go up when he is no longer the 2nd but 3rd or 4th (depending on lineup) option.

I'm So Excited. #1 is BACK!!! :peace:

Dh7pw.jpg

knicks_lineup.jpg

nyk_40.gif
New York: The Knicks have enjoyed two days at MSG Training Center for rare practice sessions and the chance to rest and recover from a three-game west coast road trip last week. Carmelo Anthony practiced one of the two days in New York but did not participate in all of the drills on Monday afternoon. Head coach Mike Woodson said the MVP candidate is day-to-day and Anthony added that he will most likely make a decision close to game time on Tuesday night. Tyson Chandler and Jason Kidd received recovery days after the two players? logged major minutes during the road trip. Raymond Felton is out 4-6 weeks due to a fractured right pinky finger. At 21-9, the Knicks are a half game behind the Miami Heat in the Eastern Conference standings and 5.5 games over the Nets for the Atlantic Division lead.

large_stat_0002_143967315_10.jpg

564810_4456476245258_1525485418_n.jpg

nyk_40.gif
Portland: The Blazers entered the 2012-13 season with a new general manager and head coach. Additionally, Portland drafted one of the elite players in the NBA Draft by selecting Damian Lillard out of Weber State. Lillard joins a young nucleus that has aspirations of reaching the postseason after a 28-38 finish last year. This season, the Blazers have been up and down until a recent surge of five wins in seven games leading up to the matchup against the Knicks. Portland is now 15-14 overall and the contest in New York will kick off a four-game road trip.

large_stat_0004_143971884_10.jpg

cHMua.gif

key_lock-animated.gif

Key Match Up

large_stat_0003_143971916_10.jpg

107627569_crop_650x440.jpg

nyk_40.gif
Definitely concerned about Amar'e's propensity to fall for fakes or leave his man against Aldridge. If he were to quickly get in to foul trouble, all the energy and expectation will be flushed down the proverbial lavatory.

196476_4354164007516_454993675_n.jpg

GO NYK

1317487126750.gif

LeFlume

All Star
I hope Woody give him at least 4-6 minutes with Melo, and 4-6 minutes when Amare is the #1 scoring option.

Gameface On

amare.jpg

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
I just want to see how effective Stat's jumper is, that's what made him an offensive force in our offense.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
STAT CITY!! He's finally back! Admittedly, I wasn't a supporter of STAT and wanted the front office to trade him. But its a new year and I'm willing to give him a chance to prove me wrong and make me eat some ****.

Go Amar'e, Go Knicks!!!!:gony:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Portland can't keep this shooting up. D first - work off screens and movement - know your plays offensively.