Spree still going hard.

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
According to The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, former Knick Latrell Sprewell was arrested on New Year's Eve for disorderly conduct -- he was allegedly playing his music too loud.

The newspaper reports that police received two complaints about the music within an hour Monday afternoon, and had received prior complaints in recent months. No other details were available.

Sprewell played for the Knicks from 1998 to 2003. He is perhaps best-known for choking current Nets interim coach P.J. Carlesimo at a practice in 1997, which led to a 68-game suspension.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/32391/sprewell-arrested-for-disorderly-conduct

Real sad to see how the rest of his life is playing out.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Spree's a mess. To this day I can't believe he turned down that, what was it, $21M contract? Electrifying baller, but a complete misfit.

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
Crazy⑧s;260677 said:
Spree's a mess. To this day I can't believe he turned down that, what was it, $21M contract? Electrifying baller, but a complete misfit.

Based on where he was in his career and his age, it was a pretty fair if not slightly generous deal. Shame we traded him, I love the fact that he was a shot jacker but could play Jordan level defense on his night.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I love him, but don't understand a lot of his decisions. His reason for turning down the money seems like a big joke he planned, but some other things that went down after his career makes it's hard to not believe it was legit.

Still one of my favorite Knicks.

Sage

Rotation player
Crazy⑧s;260677 said:

Oh come on man, he had a family to feed.

zwickks

Benchwarmer
i was half expecting drug and fire-arm charges, not sure how "he was allegedly playing his music too loud" is so sad

nyk_nyk

All Star
How is his life sad?? He got arrested for loud music and perhaps mouthing off to the cops. Other than that, what other stuff has he been through post-NBA that's been sad? Not ike he's broke on some MIL street corner or becoming a joke on some reality show.

bigapple

Starter
How is his life sad?? He got arrested for loud music and perhaps mouthing off to the cops. Other than that, what other stuff has he been through post-NBA that's been sad? Not ike he's broke on some MIL street corner or becoming a joke on some reality show.

This is america rules u cant even drink in public

while i am not driking person simply beer smells for me u can do anything in public in mine country but not in every place

loud music is mostly finishin with man with blue @ home

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
Here's the mug shot folks.
medium.jpg

It hasn't been great for him as far as not being able to catch a break and getting some of his assets repossessed. Not knocking the guy, just saying nothing positive about him has come out since he turned down the deal the Wolves gave him.

KingCharles34

All Star
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/latrell_sprewell/bio.html

• Involved in Make-A-Wish Program and Starlight Foundation, and frequently greeted Make-A-Wish and Starlight youngsters at Knicks home games
  • Donated $100,000 to Madison Square Garden's Cheering for Children Foundation, the largest single donation in the Foundation's history
  • Donation was earmarked for uniforms and sports equipment for Bronx youngsters
  • Co-winner of "MetLife Community Assist of the Month" award for February 1999, as he and Dennis Scott participated as celebrity chefs at annual Sports Cookfest at Madison Square Garden to benefit the Garden's Cheering For Children Foundation and Phipps Community Development Corporation

Sprewell did alot for the poor, its a damn shame that hes viewed in such a negative light by most basketball fans. Any basketball player with ties to the hip hop culture never get the benefit of the doubt. Ask Sprewell, Carmelo, Starbury, Iverson, etc.

We saw how hard the media was on Carmelo last year and over the offseason, and there was no need for it. They've been much easier on Deron Williams, a player who went out of his way to make it clear he wants nothing to do with the stereotypes that come along with being affiliated with the hip hop culture. He once corrected a reporter saying his name is pronounced "Derin" as opposed to "Deron"

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/latrell_sprewell/bio.html

• Involved in Make-A-Wish Program and Starlight Foundation, and frequently greeted Make-A-Wish and Starlight youngsters at Knicks home games
  • Donated $100,000 to Madison Square Garden's Cheering for Children Foundation, the largest single donation in the Foundation's history
  • Donation was earmarked for uniforms and sports equipment for Bronx youngsters
  • Co-winner of "MetLife Community Assist of the Month" award for February 1999, as he and Dennis Scott participated as celebrity chefs at annual Sports Cookfest at Madison Square Garden to benefit the Garden's Cheering For Children Foundation and Phipps Community Development Corporation

Sprewell did alot for the poor, its a damn shame that hes viewed in such a negative light by most basketball fans. Any basketball player with ties to the hip hop culture never get the benefit of the doubt. Ask Sprewell, Carmelo, Starbury, Iverson, etc.

We saw how hard the media was on Carmelo last year and over the offseason, and there was no need for it. They've been much easier on Deron Williams, a player who went out of his way to make it clear he wants nothing to do with the stereotypes that come along with being affiliated with the hip hop culture. He once corrected a reporter saying his name is pronounced "Derin" as opposed to "Deron"
Yeah. Isn't it ironic how people view the goverment and business people corrupt, egostical, and slimey in their business suits and all, but people who have ties to the hip hop culture are considered no good for just the way they dress.

Jsmh,
:boohoo:
Yet another article that exposes the envy people so blindly have for successful urbanites. With all the good he has done on and off the court it seems to me envious people always find a way to high lite minor nonsense, as if some sought of terrorist act was committed ( an act that everyday people do consistently), and all this without accrediting him for his major positive contributions. The funny thing about it all is that most of the haters don?t even know about his many positive deeds. Misrepresentation, and blatant deformation of character has always been an issue, but this sought of trivial BS accompanied with ignorance can sometimes be intolerable. Piss off beyotchs