Artest

Imiss#33

Benchwarmer
Read a rumor that had the Knicks as part of a 3 way with Minn and Indiana...we would get Artest, Indiana would get Wally and Minn would get Kurt and someone else might go to Indiana or Minn...

I don't want Artest...did anyone else see this?

newmove

Rotation player
I didn't. Where did you get that? Oh, and I wouldn't liked Artest here as well cuz of the guards/forwards sutiation we are in. But if we weren't packed with guards that much I would've pulled that trade.

Imiss#33

Benchwarmer
Here is what I found

Artest could return to New York
Chicago Tribune (registration required)
Tribune columnist Sam Smith writes that the Knicks could get Ron Artest in a three-way deal with the Pacers and Timberwolves. Wally Szczerbiak would join the Pacers and Kurt Thomas would end up with the Timberwolves if the rumored trade went down.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
I wouldn't want Ron Artest either. What team in the NBA wants a defensive stopper? Why would the Knicks want a SF who would actually score? Why would they want a guy who's young? I say the Knicks should keep TT and his 12.9 Mil. Ron Artest is an overpaid stiff @ 6.5 Mil (Defensive player of the year last, yes he did beat out Ben Wallace). Oh by the way, I'm being really sarcastic!!!

dacash

Benchwarmer
because he is poison,look at the end of last year,missing practices when the team needed him,now he is taking time off for a album causing his team wins,sure he talented,sure he makes less money but he plays heartless. watch him when it counts.

Imiss#33

Benchwarmer
the argument that "he is a good player so we should overlook some things" is one of the big issues with all pro sports and especially the NBA...a fan needs to feel that the players at least care about the team and winning...heck, why do you think so many people in the US were cheering against our Olympic team

I think we should applaud a guy like Steph who seems to have taken the Olympic message to heart and is now focused on leading a team...not just himself...
Keep Artest out of NY...we finally have some nice young talent to build around...let's not infect them with the likes of RA

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
Yeah, Who needs Artest and his 22 points 7 boards & 6 assists? We have TT and his 6 points 3 boards & 0 assists. Hey everyone who hates Artest wake up! He's really good! If Isiah Thomas could manage the NBA's biggest head case in Denis Rodman...Then Artest is a cinch. Let's face it, the Knicks can try for him or again watch him go to one of the other 27 teams. Oh, and if Ron Artest comes here, and things fell apart, blame the other 17 people that let things get out of hand. Steph, Crawford, Houston all have to lead. It's just that simple. By the way if anyone saw the exit interview, you can tell Steph getting tired of TT and Vin Baker. The locker might just need a change.

P.S. Rodman won five rings. Artest has way more potential than he ever did.

wow artest in NY damnnn its his dream and nice 4 us. Look if he leaves kncisk should just send TT with the pakcage bc we dont need him look at thsi marbury,crawford,Artest,Sweets.nazr baker can back up nazr and we gon get eddie so itrs all good, i realy think artest is BSing with the whole album thing so he can get traded and he knocws knicks would want him and hes been wnated to play from the his whole life.

Ron Artest is a ticking time bomb and bringing him to New York where there are is much more distraction and media attention probably will blow up in our faces so although Artest is awesome I don't think trading for him would be. Maybe Utah would be a better fit. :lol:

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
professorhorhey said:
Ron Artest is a ticking time bomb and bringing him to New York where there are is much more distraction and media attention probably will blow up in our faces so although Artest is awesome I don't think trading for him would be. Maybe Utah would be a better fit. :lol:
Bottom line is Artest will mature and so will his game. I like guys that are honest and work hard.Artest does that. Why would the Pacers let that kind of personal info out about Artest wanting time off? That's as bad as Phil Jackson's tell-all book. You don't rat out your solidiers. It's bad for morale & chemistry. Artest will be alright regardless. He a winner. It comes down to whether the Knicks want him to do his winning with them.

http://www.indystar.com/articles/1/194540-5861-036.html

madskillz7312

Benchwarmer
OK, as of now Ron Artest has NO heart and I could care less. He plays for himself and could care less until playoffs. He has talent but no heart! All he wants is his money and his place in the books as a famous champ! He could care less about his team mates or the heart of this game. If he doesn't want to work to get his team to the playoffs why should he even be aloud to go? He just wants to sit on his lazy-ass and watch his team work! He just wants to get to the finals the easy way! NEWSFLASH there is no easy way! But because he's talented no one gives a damn as long as he fills seats and wins, that's why! People like that tick me off, I never wanna see him in a Knicks uniform. I know he plays injured but that doesn't mean he has heart, just stubborn, in his case at least. He thinks he can do watever the hell he wants because he's all that, its sickening. Now he's gonna act like he's working hard because the media made a big deal what a moron he's being, he's pure scum!

Although I will say people can change, I would accept him if he ever does manage to change his ways......

END IT HERE! RON ARTEST AN EXCELLENT PLAYER BUT A JERK! PERIOD!

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
Ron Artest never sat himself, his coaches did. He has heart, or he would not be the reigning NBA defensive player of the year. There's a ton of guys that don't play hard all the time. Artest is definitely not one of them. Artest is a victim of the media. Where is the Media when he does charity work? Nowhere. It doesn't matter if it's Artest, Spreewell or Rodman. These guys can't win! Why? Cause the Media needs villains. How else do they sell papers? madskillz7312, what have you read that makes Artest such a bad guy? Last year, Artest didn't quit in the playoffs(other teammates did, plus Detroit just killed them) so talk about reality! He showed up every night and did his job. You say that Artest doesn't care, yet you admit he plays through injuries, yet he has no heart. That the dumbest thing I've had the misfortune of reading! And get real, Indiana needs Artest. If you don't believe me, check the 34 point a$$ k!cking they took while he was forced to watch. Again not his call, Rick Carlisle decided that. Then now Carlisle, who's starting to get heat from the players that he let team business out. Once again when you reply...PLEASE STATE FACTS!!!

madskillz7312

Benchwarmer
Ron Artest never sat himself, his coaches did. He has heart, or he would not be the reigning NBA defensive player of the year. There's a ton of guys that don't play hard all the time. Artest is definitely not one of them. Artest is a victim of the media. Where is the Media when he does charity work? Nowhere. It doesn't matter if it's Artest, Spreewell or Rodman. These guys can't win! Why? Cause the Media needs villains. How else do they sell papers? madskillz7312, what have you read that makes Artest such a bad guy? Last year, Artest didn't quit in the playoffs(other teammates did, plus Detroit just killed them) so talk about reality! He showed up every night and did his job. You say that Artest doesn't care, yet you admit he plays through injuries, yet he has no heart. That the dumbest thing I've had the misfortune of reading! And get real, Indiana needs Artest. If you don't believe me, check the 34 point a$$ k!cking they took while he was forced to watch. Again not his call, Rick Carlisle decided that. Then now Carlisle, who's starting to get heat from the players that he let team business out. Once again when you reply...PLEASE STATE FACTS!!!

I have everything against him, he has no heart! Someone has to say something! (as Stephen A. Smith put it)

Well number one he said "I don't see anything wrong with asking for time off" which he was reffering to his CD album, how is that the media's fualt? He's being an a$$. He admited his stupidy by saying that the reports he wants to work on his album rather than waste time during the regular season were true! WHAT AN A$$! Unless you can say the media dubed his words in the interview he's an a$$! I mean come on this is also a scheme to advertise his album! "It's not a rap alubm, it's an R&B" WTF IS WRONG WITH HIM!? HELLO, CHAMIONSHIP ON THE LINE! O wait he'd rather sit back and enjoy while his teams works thier a$$es off all season until the playoffs! O YEAH THAT SOUNDS LIKE HEART (SARCASIM) Just cause' he's talented I can't let him get away with shit like this! NOW THE MEDIA MADE A BIG DEAL OF IT HE'S GONNA PLAY NOW! COME ON! AND DON'T SAY HE DIDN'T WANT OFF FOR HIS ALBUM, HE SAID THIS SHIT HIMSELF! AND THATS A GOD DAMN FACT!

Also a player can play through injuries and just be a STUBBORN JACK-A$$rather than have any heart!

FACTS IN YOUR FACE!

EVERYONE THAT AGREES BACK ME UP HERE!

I will say this much though, (AGAIN) people CAN change, but as of now shit like him don't deserve to be in a Knick uniform!

(as you guys can see this topic angers me, so sry for the language)

WiL8000

Rotation player
Wow good battle here, both good points, but Artest said himself that he isn't going anywhere. Right now the Knicks have bigger problems at center than a trade such as this. I see the Knicks looking to make a trade for Curry as a more realistic possibility. I'm not going to say if I think that's a good idea either, who knows. But the center position is New York's biggest weakness, and they have to do something at somepoint to fix it.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
The Pacers are just trying to have a little more control over Artest, but he ain't going anywhere....The Pacers no it and he knows it. Pacers can't go anywhere without Artest, that dude might be a dick personality wise, which I don't really care...but when he is on the court he has mad heart and he is a monster. He goes out there to play off the hook defense and your a$$ better bring the defense to shot him down two or else he is scoring 30 on you. Anyways, Pacers were just trying to scare Artest a little by sitting him by they know they can't live without him.

madskillz7312

Benchwarmer
I still think he doesn't have heart, how can you say a guy who says he would rather work on his album than help his team for the regular season have heart? I don't see it, no matter how apparent it SEEMS on the court......

Thats just plain and utter ignorance!

AGAIN, he is very talented and skilled, but that is all he is, a talented and skilled a$$!
I agree with everything else dasilva1079 said........

sry, I know this is a bit childish but.....

"dr.carpy", YOU GOT SERVED!

sry but i had too, he couldnt come back b/c he knows i am so right.....

-another thing, someone justify to me how "I need time off to work on my album" is heart!!!!!!