Artest

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
The Dr is in the house!! Back to again reiterate why Artest is the man with heart. The album, is completed, so "Truwarier" Ron has used the media to push units for him. Now, I'm sure most sane people would agree that one can't be the best or at the top without heart, initiative and desire. Artest has all these. Follow me on this:

1. Defensive Player of the Year: Anyone that can beat out Ben Wallace must have all the aforementioned qualities I've mentioned. Keep in min the former defensive player of the year winners besides Ben Wallace (Dikembe Mutombo, Gary Payton, Hakeem Olajuwon, David Robinson, Dennis Rodman oh and some guy named Michael Jordan.

2. Playing hurt: He bulked up this year, played during the summer to improve his play, cause he wasn't getting paid, not for a contract year. He does this cause he obviously respects his teammates, organization and himself. While some folks like Eddy Curry were taking the time off to show up to camp @ 320Lbs., Artest shows up in shape ready to go. That seems dedicated to me....

3. Peja Stojakovic: Everyone knew the Kings were trying to trade Peja for Artest. Larry Bird (one of the NBA's 50 greatest players) told GM Donnie Walsh flat out "No". What was the reasoning.? Bird questioned Peja's "heart", not Artest. Peja is a Bird type player. For Bird to pick Artest over Peja says something to me.

Oh by the way:

If I don't respond right away it's not because I'm licking my wounds. It's because I have a job (I program SQL databases) and I'm getting married. Although my fiance is not completely sold on the Knicks (she likes LA & Toronto??? Go figure!?) She has agreed to stop over in New York and watch a Knicks game!!! So yes I still KNOW Artest has heart, and I still think I'm right. Everyone read and decide for yourselves. Wil8000 and Rady this would be an awesome poll question. To finish Artest has the same qualities as Charles Oakley. Did Oakley have heart? Of course. Did he sometimes say stupid, off the cuff craziness? Yup. So why is okay for Oak, and not Artest? Just a thought.

P.S. If Artest has no heart why does he dive after loose balls?

e_D

Benchwarmer
I gotta say I agree with Carpy on this. He makes all valid points about Ronron.

I've always liked his abilities and he would be a valuabe addition wherever he is. (plus I used to live in his neighborhood, and saw him in the train.. dude's a really nice guy.) Isiah is trying to right the wrong of Layden for not drafting him in the first place. I would love to see him wearing our jersey but not at Kurt's expense.. But there may be no other way to bring him here.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
hmm.. madszillz served the dr, now carpy served back
this means it's ON! :)

carpy, did a heard right or you program in SQL?? cause i could really need some help inhere :)

anyway, it's a great idea for the poll, and even though ron's chancess to arrive in NY are very small now, i'll put the poll next week

madskillz7312

Benchwarmer
PLEASE, I don't need to say much, I didnt get served, at all! I already said answer to all his points, read back, exactly he never acually came back, see, scroll back and read, he jus said what he said the first time, I shut him down! :afro:

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
I don't recall the Oakley thing being in any previous posts. Plus, I read your posts and they ring the same as well. If you want to feel that you "served me", whatever. Facts are facts, and when people read our posts, more folks will come away saying Artest has heart. And that was all I was saying.

If anyone thinks Artest is the only athlete that would like time off during the regular season, you're crazy. If we took an anonymous survey, you'd get better than 95% saying they could use time off. Guys really get going in the playoffs, just cause theres more at stake. Artest, going back to what I said is honest. He said, what tons of guys think. How many of us take holidays during the work year? I do. Guess I have no heart.

madskillz7312

Benchwarmer
OK, HE IS NOT OAKLEY, that is your first mistake. Secondly, how can you that? I could understand if it were fatigue, but it was for his GOD FOR SAKEN ALBUM! DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND! GEEZE! HE'D RATHER NOT EARN HIS WAY INTO THE PLAYOFFS, BECAUSE HE IS AN A$$!

dacash

Benchwarmer
the debate rages on . but lets all agreee on some things:talented hell yes,stupid hell yes. artest is all; of these.knicks could use him yes. knicks will get him no . bird and isiah will never come to grips. while i find this arguement fun lets move on to whatll make the knicks a better team.

madskillz7312

Benchwarmer
the debate rages on . but lets all agreee on some things:talented hell yes,stupid hell yes. artest is all; of these.knicks could use him yes. knicks will get him no . bird and isiah will never come to grips. while i find this arguement fun lets move on to whatll make the knicks a better team.

You just said exactly what I've been saying, I completley agree, the Knicks could use him, but I never wanna see a moron like that unless he changes......