Around the NBA 2012-13 Season.

T.O Knick

Benchwarmer
watching these teams in the east is miserable. nobody is consistent. the pacers play well then drop two in a row at home to toronto and brooklyn. the knicks haven't played well for a month and a half and yet nobody has passed them for second. right now outside of miami, the best two teams in the east are toronto and washington. this conference is brutal. no wonder the heat are going back to the finals.

If Bulls were healthy they would be the elite of the East, even better than the Heat. Other than that a lot of teams simply making up the numbers.

REALHEAT

Benchwarmer
Golden State deserves it, they have more real fans than Miami's transplant fans.

pls dont generalize. many heat fans have been there thru the rough times just like many knicks fans have been there with the knicks thru crappy times. of course many fans hopped on the heat bandwagon once lebron came but how many knick fans jumped on the knicks bandwagon when melo came, amare? same goes for the clippers,thunder and even the Nets(idk why but lol) and other teams that become good.

REALHEAT

Benchwarmer
I think Heat have to make a trade just to secure a chance to defend their title. I believe Allen, Battier will eventually hit the veteran wall and Miami's bench is weak (Rashard Lewis is overrated, and Miami has some of the worst PG play in the NBA). It may look like the first Miami team we saw.

Miami is basically losing to Nate Robinson, Carlos Boozer, and Joakim Noah...maybe the regular season has no meaning, and playoffs are when things are tuned up.

Regular season holds no weight for miami. they arent even playing their best yet they're still top in the east. they'll be judged by how they play in april, may and june. But i agree with miamis PG play. Chalmers and cole have not been all that good thus far. but coles defense has been a gem for the Heat which is a bright spot.

Sage

Rotation player
LA Lakers owner Jerry Buss dies aged 80

Jerry Buss, the Los Angeles Lakers owner who transformed the team into the glamour franchise of a revitalised NBA, died on Monday at the age of 80.

Cedars-Sinai Medical Center spokeswoman Sally Stewart said Buss died at 5.55 am. He had been reported to be in hospital last week fighting an undisclosed form of cancer.

Buss made the Lakers one of the biggest draws in Los Angeles with a combination of shrewd personnel moves on and off the court and a feel for show business glamour. The Lakers have the highest payroll in the NBA at $US100 million, but they were recently valued by Forbes magazine as being worth $US1 billion -- second in the NBA only to the New York Knicks.

At the NBA All-Star weekend festivities, Kobe Bryant said Buss's contribution to the NBA and the game of basketball was 'beyond measure'. 'I don't think there's any way to really define it,' the Lakers superstar said.
'What he's done, it's tough to really find a match for that in any sport. He's been a model of consistency.'

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I feel kinda bad for constantly saying that he was the problem all along in LA and that he had to go, but still, the organisation might be able to turn it around now.

metrocard

Legend
russpants.gif