Kenyon Martin talks have apparently popped up again. Knicks concerned about Sheed

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
The New York Knicks have expressed interest again in Kenyon Martin, according to sources.

The Knicks have been conducting due dilligence on Martin in recent days.

Martin is open-minded about signing a 10-day contract with the Knicks.

Rasheed Wallace has missed 12 games due to a foot injury, which has triggered the Knicks' interest in Martin.

Wallace's status is the "critical piece" to the Knicks signing Martin, one league official said.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/225493/Knicks_Interested_In_Kenyon_Martin

metrocard

Legend
Nice news Craz, I tell you guys...I use to hate Kenyon Martin, back in the Nets era along with Kidd. This was back in the day when the Celtics were trash with Pierce and Walker and Nets were our main rivals, they behaved kinda like the Celtics behave today....trolls and jackoffs.

But to have Martin on our squad, we need warriors and guys who can bring the intimation factor to the game for us. Martin is a good defender, not an Anderson Varejao type rebounder, but solid. He's mobile and can provide a bit of offense.

Think about this also, Martin would let Melo go back to his natural position and dominate smaller players...no more Melo guarding Zach Randolph, Marc Gasol, Pekovic and etc.

We get Kenyon for cheap too...

My only question...what kind of playing shape is Martin in right now?

theknicks3

Benchwarmer
would love him on a ten day contract. Garnett made us look soft and weak yesterday, so I'd look to welcome some mongrel in the front court

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Who would get cut??

Cope?? white?? Kurt??

i'd look into cutting james white, no way he sniffs the court once shump returns

New New York

Quiet Storm
So much wrong with this I do not know where to begin!

First off pissed that Kenyon Martin would refuse a vet min at the start of training camp only to be willing to take a 10 day now!

2nd like Metro said what type of shape is he in? Further frustrating me on him not taking the deal during training camp. Now KMart has always taken good care of himself so I'm not too concerned but even the most physically fit athletes don't go from playing at the YMCA to Professional Basketball instantly

3rd we are currently working Stat back into the rotation so how do we also work a brand new player into the mix without further disruption?

I think the answer about who we cut is for sure Kurt Thomas or if Sheed is done than naturally him

but the benefits of course are Kenyon's toughness and giving us both depth and experience.

Felton
Shump
Melo
KMart
Tyson

is a really nice unit on both sides of the ball

tiger0330

Legend
A healthy Sheed is a better fit than KMart. Not going to cost the Knicks much to take a look if he's willing to work on 10 days but the fact that no team wanted him tells me not to expect much.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
look at this in big picture format.

K-Mart is more useful to us than Kurt Thomas.

while we're at it,cut White and sign Iverson :mrgreen:

CoolClyde

<<The Knicks' roster includes four former teammates of Martin that he's has good relationships with: Carmelo Anthony, J.R. Smith, Marcus Camby and Jason Kidd.>>

this is a decent lineup, including Kenyon of heroes.

IMHO: KENYON MARTIN >>>>> JAMES WHITE or KURT THOMAS (cut either one of them, I don't care).

I can't see KM being out of shape, knowing he wants in the NBA so bad.
YES to a 10-day contract.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
<<The Knicks' roster includes four former teammates of Martin that he's has good relationships with: Carmelo Anthony, J.R. Smith, Marcus Camby and Jason Kidd.>>

this is a decent lineup, including Kenyon of heroes.

IMHO: KENYON MARTIN >>>>> JAMES WHITE or KURT THOMAS (cut either one of them, I don't care).

I can't see KM being out of shape, knowing he wants in the NBA so bad.
YES to a 10-day contract.

Seconded.......

JaYnYcE

Benchwarmer
I would keep a guy like Kurt for leadership and locker room presence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smokes

Huge Member
There's gotta be something wrong with him if teams with no frontcourt ala Boston/Miami aren't looking at him.

smokes

Huge Member
Mm hence why they're 29th in rebounding.

Anthony/Haslem are trash. I'd take Martin 2 years ago over either one of them in a second. But how close is Martin to 2 years ago, god only knows.

bigapple

Starter
if K-Mart joins it will be New York Nuggets and it will be 1st time ever?
that S5 players JR Camby K-mart Melo Felton all of them was in Nuggets.

CoolClyde

Mm hence why they're 29th in rebounding.

Anthony/Haslem are trash. I'd take Martin 2 years ago over either one of them in a second. But how close is Martin to 2 years ago, god only knows.

Knicks might've had the same doubts about Sheed...

smokes

Huge Member
Knicks might've had the same doubts about Sheed...

Well IDK how that all went down since I wasn't actively following the offseason this year, but I assume he worked out for us prior to getting a contract not to mention it was all in the offseason where you're still just getting started building team chemistry etc.

I wouldn't be mad about cutting James White although if he's going to be in the dunk contest we can't exactly cut him before all star break :lol:

I don't see any need to cut Kurt or Brewer personally.

Kiyaman

Legend
I mention it last season, and Ill mention it again .. I dont see K-Mart joining a team with Melo on it .. I do see K-Mart hooking backup with Kidd though

Where is Kenyon Martin? if hes in LA than expect him to resign with the (WCF) Clippers during the midseason.

metrocard

Legend
I feel like we should worry more about getting Camby more involved and letting Amare settle in.

AnthonyCamby/Amare/Chandler is a strong group of guys to play in the front court.

don't think we need 20+ minutes from Martin like that. Maybe 10-12.