Will RGIII ever be the same?

KingCharles34

All Star
I hope so for him, but I dont know if I'll be the same after seeing these photoshops

jordan-500x493.jpg

2n21fm8.jpg

These are right there with this Manny Pac photoshop

s6jazc.jpg

Pacquiao-RG3.jpg

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
He's a great athlete, person and a motivating dude....I hate when injuries plague athletes, especially guys who have limitless ambition.

Wish him the best.

KingCharles34

All Star
Yea, me too brother. RG3 is honestly one of the most impressive athletes I've ever seen. His work ethic is beyond amazing. Im a Giants fan but I gotta ton of respect for the dude and I hope he can pull an Adrien Peterson even though his injuries worse

Im not sure if i agree with this warrior mentality sometimes in sports. I mean i respect athletes that play through injuries or even concussions in the past but its kinda stupid though. Its just a game, like Starbury told Eddie House "Get Caught up in life." Lifes far more important then sports. Also reminds me of Antonio Maracheato saying he would die in the ring and Miguel Cotto saying thats stupid, and that he has a family. Cotto's on point even though again i respect the committment some athletes have. But it is stupid...

metrocard

Legend
Yea, me too brother. RG3 is honestly one of the most impressive athletes I've ever seen. His work ethic is beyond amazing. Im a Giants fan but I gotta ton of respect for the dude and I hope he can pull an Adrien Peterson even though his injuries worse

Im not sure if i agree with this warrior mentality sometimes in sports. I mean i respect athletes that play through injuries or even concussions in the past but its kinda stupid though. Its just a game, like Starbury told Eddie House "Get Caught up in life." Lifes far more important then sports. Also reminds me of Antonio Maracheato saying he would die in the ring and Miguel Cotto saying thats stupid, and that he has a family. Cotto's on point even though again i respect the committment some athletes have. But it is stupid...

Good point, I see where your coming from and it makes more sense than where Im coming from.

Boxing has turned me into kind not human...I got a hardcore trainer and my team is filled with dudes who wake up at 3 AM to go outside running 8 miles in 30 degree weather.

KingCharles34

All Star
Well as far as training goes i think athletes should do whats best for them, even if that means running the 8miles at 3am when its freezing out. I've heard of people running several miles in the snow carrying bricks in their hands, i think its great for an athlete to have that to fall back on when their starting to get in trouble in a boxing match. They'll think about how hard they trained and it will motivate them to keep going

I just think if a boxers taking too much punishment, fight another day. If a basketball player, lets say Grant Hill for example, has an ankle injury...he should get it fixed up instead of having to miss his prime years (even though the Pistons lied to Hill about his injury, at least from what i read). And now we have RGIII who might have to miss all of next year and although i think he'll bounce back fully, theres no guarantee. It wasnt worth it for him to play, hes just a rookie and has many great years ahead of him.

I do however still respect the toughness these athletes display, I shouldnt call it stupid. Even though Margacheato is a cheater, i respect him for that beating he took from Pacquiao. A very small percentage of the worlds population, less then 1% would be willing to take that kind of beating. He sorta deserved it though, who knows how long he was loading up those boxing gloves

metrocard

Legend
Success in sports can be quite addictive, which basically leads to guys like Margarito and Barry Bonds.

I despise Margarito because he really could of killed someone.

Boxing is organized violence, but not organized murder. if Cotto was a ****tier boxer, he could of lost an eye from the ammount of left uppercuts he was taking with Margarito's plastered gloves.

KingCharles34

All Star
Im probably in the minority here but I dont hold anything against baseball players that took steroids. Im sure I wouldve been tempted myself, seeing these other guys hit all these home runs and get the bigger paychecks. Not saying its right, but at the same time baseball was very popular during the steroid era and has been on the decline ever since. I think basketball might eventually pass up baseball as the more popular sport once more oldtimers pass away

I completely agree about Margacheato though, he couldve seriously hurt or even killed someone. He deserved the beating he got from Manny (another cheater who got what he deserved when Marquez knocked ass out)

zombie-transformation.jpg

I sorta wanna watch that Pacman Margacheato fight now, i think im gonna download it and save it for after the Knicks game tonight. F*ck the Blazers vs the Heat, I aint tryna see that

KingCharles34

All Star
I was hurt when Sergio knocked out Paul Williams, i was a big Punisher fan at the time. I hope Paul can continue to recover from his accident but i've grown to be a big Martinez fan too. I just watched the Martinez Chavez fight earlier tonight, probably my 5th time seeing it. Its on HBO on demand so its very convenient.

I've still never seen George Foreman vs Michael Moorer, perhaps ill head to boxingscene.com tomorrow night and download it.

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer

Shanahan was a prick for letting RG3 decide if he's ready. For the hits he took, he should have had the doctor check him out before pronouncing him fit to return. Snyder field was also in horrible condition, Clemons also tore an ACL and Haushka sprained a knee. For all the cash they rake in, they could not fix the damn field. Embarrassing.

There's a reason why there is now a concussion protocal on game days and during the week, the coaches would not allow the trainers to check on these guys, unless they're carted off the field. It's just like any other work place, your manager has the responsiblity for efficient workers and probably is rewarded for it, but they will also be punished if a worker is hurt on their watch....are there repercussions for NFL coaches? No, who's taking responsibility for Junior Seau's injuries, sure as hell, ain't Dan Henning, Bobby Ross, Kevin Gilbride, June Jones, Mike Riley, nor Marty Schottenheimer. All his HC's who asked him "are you all right to go back in?"

CoolClyde

another interesting thread this turned into, but I have to chime in on the RGIII side of things.
no way he should have been allowed to play, he was hurt.
after seeing him limping on a QB run, he should have been taken out.
and he tore the sh*it out of his knee just reaching for a poorly hiked ball! lame!

look at how SF coach Harbaugh put in back up QB Colin Kaepernick based on a hunch
and the guy ran all over the Packers.

if you can't trust your backup QB, then you have a problem.

what a shame. just hope RGIII recovers 100%, he's quite the talent.