Don't expect us to be good til Late Feb or early March... at least!

New New York

Quiet Storm
That is assuming there is not setbacks with Shump Felton or Amare's return.

As we know and the Lakers are finding out right now, just getting players back on the court does not equate to success in fact it leads to underachievement most times.

We need all 3 of these players to compete but the fact that the 3 of them have never played together collectively and they are expected to be big contributors for us we are gonna have to give it time.

This means.....

No Fire Woody threads should be created (yet there will be some)

No "We should have traded Shump for..." or "we should trade Shump for.. threads (yet there will be)

It's gonna take time, we won't be terrible (we still have the talent to beat the lottery and low playoff seed teams on a regular basis) but we are gonna look unorthodox and clumsy for the next few weeks

Short Sighted analyst will say our struggles attribute to us not being that good to begin with....that's a lie! Our team is really good

It's gonna take time to gel...and Woody is a good enough coach to get it to work...he's also a smartest enough coach not to force them all in there together which is why it will take longer....a lesser coach would throw them all in there together and we then would start losing to those lottery teams and less talented playoff squads and the moral will be affected

If Shump is back Thursday and Raymond the following then it will be 3 weeks before they are both playing like themselves...then they will then have to gel together.

Point is....lets prepare for a rough stretch and know there is a huge light at the end of the tunnel.

erivera

Benchwarmer
i'm not saying they should go undefeated over the next month, but three all star candidates are still in the lineup. jr, melo, and tyson. we may not be lights out, but we shouldn't be losing to teams like the blazers at the home.

Munchen13

Benchwarmer
Well said.

but three all star candidates are still in the lineup. jr, melo, and tyson

How about 3 hall of famers + an outstanding all-star center in Howard? How did that work for the lakers?
Chemistry for a team is an important key to the team's success, so yeah.. it needs time.

deamon

Benchwarmer
We'll be back.
Our situation is similar to 2011 Mavs.
They had good start of the season, injuries, main star injury, fall down in January - losing games against scrubs. Waiting for sophmore back in February, who didn't play since begin of the season. They wanted to make trade before ASG, but Cuban did nothing, didn't mess in team. Chemistry was just better and better, and they surprised all in play offs.
We can do it too, but Melo has to grow up and be at god level clutch as Dirk in 2011 PO, if we want to win title.

Kiyaman

Legend
I absolutely agree with this thread .. coach Woody has a lot of overtime to put in during Jan. Feb. and March.

Grunwald decision-making before the February trade deadline will have the biggest effect to our Knicks .. our "Old-Heads" know this is a bussiness, and may not feel comfortable untill after the trading-deadline has past. Will Grunwald make trades this season for the 2013-14 season?

Collectively we are not a gellin chemistry team on offense, and our most minute played players when in a lineup may be the poorest team-defensive lineup in the NBA.

We still dont have a transition-format, and we look clueless on a 3 on 1 fastbreak.
The return of Shump is a mystery .. Shump brings all kinds of Energy when put in the backcourt with a running-passin PG like Jeremy Lin, to speedup the pace and tempo of the game.
Felton & JR are a quick turnover when passin off their dribble, which wont help Shump scorin in transition to receive above 18 minutes a game .. Shump is not a peremeter shooter, or a great decision-maker in a halfcourt-offense.

Coach Woody been working every player in our main "three-player lineup of Tyson/Melo/and JR" this season .. starting with Felton & Brewer, then Felton & Novak, now Kidd, Camby, and Amare.

bigapple

Starter
Wallace Camby Thomas will be needed in April and playoffs

last april games will be pause for lot qualifieds teams and they will be played mostly reserves.

but Knicks march calendar can be nightmare for older players.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Wallace Camby Thomas will be needed in April and playoffs

last april games will be pause for lot qualifieds teams and they will be played mostly reserves.

but Knicks march calendar can be nightmare for older players.

Ideally come March we are not leaning on the older players anymore!

Felton
Shump
Melo
Stat
Tyson

is who I hope we lean on the heaviest by then.

New New York

Quiet Storm
i'm not saying they should go undefeated over the next month, but three all star candidates are still in the lineup. jr, melo, and tyson. we may not be lights out, but we shouldn't be losing to teams like the blazers at the home.

Miami should not have lost to us at home by 20 without Melo

Memphis should not have fallen behind as many as 30 to Dallas last night

metrocard

Legend

Definately a lot of werid nights in the NBA this season.

I believe the truth will reveil itself in the post all star break.

I see the Knicks finishing top 2 seed, two games behind Miami when the season is over.

I agree with the OP. The team is still gelling and the injuries are just making it take longer than expected. I?m not really concern with the losses we took so far because there were some good lessons to be learned in each of them. For the most part, they played hard and with a sense of urgency. In those losses... I?ve yet to see anything that can?t be corrected with more playing time and rest for our injured players. By the time the post season rolls around this team (players) should be very familiar with each other, knowing each other tendencies can make the world of difference. I just hope we go into the playoff healthy. If the Knicks manage to be healthy by season?s end they should be ready to ball out and become the next champions. They are built for the playoffs, built to win now. I?m not sure if they will get another (or better) opportunity than they have with this current team, I?m thinking they know this too.

I almost can?t wait to see how much better this team will be playing later on in the season. As of now, we are still a work in progress, with team and coach making adjustments to better their chances. I can clearly see this happening and I can?t help but to be supportive and optimistic about the Knicks in the near future.

Kiyaman

Legend

Every team practice the hardest when preparing for the Miaimi Heat.
Playoff teams are saving their energy for matchups vs other playoff teams in Jan/Feb/March.
Beating Miami twice .. only made us "The team to beat." So keep lookin forward to all our oponents to keep comin at us hard at the tip-off of a game .. coach Woody & J.Kidd has to do overtime to keep us winnin ....
warning: it looks like Stat had no hops in N.O. game :crossfingers:

bigapple

Starter
Roseless Bulls also have no probs with Heat but they have been downed by Bucks twice..................

few upcoming games each other Knicks Nets Hawks Nets Celtics Nets

we will drop to 3rd temporaily IF Indiana and Bulls will be winning their games

But when Knicks will b back from europe already 3 games Nets Celtics and 76ers

and then 4 marathon @home

Kiyaman

Legend
Roseless Bulls also have no probs with Heat but they have been downed by Bucks twice..................

few upcoming games each other Knicks Nets Hawks Nets Celtics Nets

we will drop to 3rd temporaily IF Indiana and Bulls will be winning their games

But when Knicks will b back from europe already 3 games Nets Celtics and 76ers

and then 4 marathon @home

After our London game vs (the practice) Pistons we should be well rested physically, while fightin a helluva 3 day Jet-Lag before meeting Brooklyn .. our 2 PG's are a 35 old rookie, and a 39 old NBA coach who we will lean hard on throughout the month of January .. we have to win 75% of our games vs minus -500 record teams in Jan./Feb. plus we face four teams with above .500 record in Jan., and they are "must win games" to set the teams high-standard going into the month of Feb. where the return of our 3rd PG slashin-Felton should be in the rotation Feb. 4th vs (the practicing) Pistons .. giving-us the trio-direction at the point again .. our 3 fresh-leg PG in the rotation gave us a edge. A edge we must maintain to keep a win streak throughout the month of February, to keep Dolan oops, I mean Grunwald off the phone in February lol

nyk_nyk

All Star
I expect this team to continue winning games. No drop off! When you have a coach like Woody who commands respect from his players, you can count on getting good production on most nights. Amare appears to be getting better (offensively) every game and Felton will be back at the end of next week. Shump will fit in just fine. They have a lot of practice time in the next 10 days.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
I expect this team to continue winning games. No drop off! When you have a coach like Woody who commands respect from his players, you can count on getting good production on most nights. Amare appears to be getting better (offensively) every game and Felton will be back at the end of next week. Shump will fit in just fine. They have a lot of practice time in the next 10 days.
BRUCE-LEE-APPROVES-GIF.gif

New New York

Quiet Storm
Tonight was exceptionally bad....but it is going to be rough for a bit and we are going to have to brace ourselves for some tough nights.

"Winnable Games" are going to have to be re-defined for a bit.

The high Shump has been on has to end as the adrenaline wears off and he just plays within the game...this really is a good thing although statistically it won't for a bit

Amare is starting to regain form and we are gonna have to figure out he and Melo's chemistry even if they are not starting games together.

Felton too is gonna have to shake off rust

....but it will all come together and the undeniable talent on this roster will show....hopefully Bruce Lee (^^^) approves this too!

erivera

Benchwarmer
Tonight was exceptionally bad....but it is going to be rough for a bit and we are going to have to brace ourselves for some tough nights.

"Winnable Games" are going to have to be re-defined for a bit.

The high Shump has been on has to end as the adrenaline wears off and he just plays within the game...this really is a good thing although statistically it won't for a bit

Amare is starting to regain form and we are gonna have to figure out he and Melo's chemistry even if they are not starting games together.

Felton too is gonna have to shake off rust

....but it will all come together and the undeniable talent on this roster will show....hopefully Bruce Lee (^^^) approves this too!

this isn't an 8th seeded team. winnable games are winnable for a reason. will it look pretty? probably not, but they shouldn't be letting the 76ers shoot almost 60% for a game. chemistry or no chemistry