Dolan spying on Melo

Starks

Starter
Typical Dolan behavior. I'm convinced that Dolan needs to have his own reality show. He's the typical villain that gets under your skin and yet can't help but want to analyze his every move in a failed effort to find basic logic. Maybe he was trying to help Melo on this one? Either way based on the Knicks infamous media policy, something tells me Melo won't be happy by this.

http://deadspin.com/5975753/james-dolan-spent-friday-night-spying-on-carmelo-anthony

Two audio technicians were stationed at two corners of the court - one a few feet just behind the Knicks bench, the other diagonally opposite - and they were holding those umbrella-shaped contraptions known as parabola microphones, which fed the audio into a DAT recorder on the truck on the loading dock.

These guys had one directive from Dolan: Record every syllable Carmelo Anthony utters and absorbs while he's on the court and on the bench, the Madison Square Garden CEO ordered them, and send the tape directly to me.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
What's the purpose of this other then to make a stressful environment to work? Would Dolan snitch on his own team?!?

New low.

Starks

Starter
This is just going to be another chapter in a long mysterious history of Dolan getting in the way of things. He's only good for his money. Nothing more

metrocard

Legend
You gotta watch out for people who want to control what you do and say, these people got some devilish spirit resinating inside of them...gotta stay away from those slimey cabrons.

GordonGecko

Benchwarmer
Probably not a co-incidence that this spying thing happened while Carmelo was starving himself for 15 days in the middle of the season while he is being paid $20M to play ball.

Wargames

Starter
Dolan does crazy stuff that is embarrassing. Maybe its to catch anyone **** talking to Melo at the garden as a deterrent? I am pretty sure a tape of **** talking OD can lead to a suspension/fine. They can say its for Melo but who is really watching where its being pointed then whole game.... F*ck knowing the knicks luck this could be the Knicks version of patriot gate....

That's the only halfway logical reason I can think off. I mean it not like they are being sneaky. So I guess its suppose to intimidate guys like KG to watch their mouths.

metrocard

Legend
2e3bjwn.jpg

Photoshop from RGM :lol:

CoolClyde

that's a great gif.

i find the whole Dolan spy affair slanderous and preposterous!

if it turns out to be true, David Stern should forcibly take the Knicks away from Junior Dolan
for this despicable underhanded act and fine him millions of dollars.
and that would be ok.

why is Crazy8's posting in this thread?
can we please start a new thread for this latest feud gone bad and stop
deleting and moving threads + posts?
c'mon now ya (Honey) nuts!

GordonGecko

Benchwarmer
Knicks are owned by MSG sports which is owned by MSG corp, of which Jim Dolan is the chairman. Pretty impossible to remove

metrocard

Legend
Sources: Dolan Ordered Carmelo Taping To 'Protect' Him
Jan 15, 2013 12:58 PM EST

James Dolan ordered MSG employees to record Carmelo Anthony to ascertain whether players were excessively trash talking him, according to sources.

The notion that Dolan was "spying" on Anthony is "flat-out wrong," according to sources. The motive was to protect Anthony, according to sources.

Tim Frank, the NBA's senior vice president of basketball operations, said the league has no issue with the recordings.

"There are no prohibitions against having audio equipment in the arena," Frank said.

metrocard

Legend
I think the media was up to it's old tricks again, and using the word "spy" to make Dolan look like a ****. I hate Dolan, and I hate myself right for defending him because I know he's capable of being the lowest scumbag on earth but this can help Melo from getting suspended again. If Dolan could have put out audio of what KG said to Melo than things would of been a little more interesting.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I'm pretty sure Dolan isn't interested in using audio AGAINST his player. I heard on the radio that this is to protect Melo. How? I'm not sure but perhaps he feels if there is something personal said that would prompt a reaction like last week then he could at least try to avoid a suspension.

Guys are so quick to shiit all over Dolan at every chance. The guy isn't stingy with money and allows GMs to manage. Chill out.

Kiyaman

Legend
Dolan just added another thing to trash-talk about .. Dolan's boy

Some peeps need to be more open-minded about things .. trash-talking has always been in proffessional sport since the word proffesional .. I luv John Starks trash talking.
The Timberwolves KG used to be the one complaining about all the trash-talking, now that KG has a ring, plus ready to retire ......................

knicksin60

Starter
Dolan is the greatest corporate clown that there is. He deserves a lifetime prison sentence for all the hell that he's put Knicks fans and Time Warner cable subscribers through during the past decade. Just reading his name gives me flu-like symptoms. I just don't understand how the NBA and David Stern continues to allow these billionaire yuppies to make NBA franchises look like a joke.

I don't think this was a serious move, he most likely did this to protect his assets (Melo), it sends a message to the other teams. Players will see those mics and think twice about trash talking because the whole league was put on notice that Melo has thin skin, especially when it comes to the issues concerning his wife. I don't think anyone wants to take a chance getting a fine or suspension over some trash talking BS.