Mosgov available, should Grunnie go for it?

metrocard

Legend
The Denver Nuggets are looking to trade Timofey Mozgov, according to league sources, and the young center knows he could be dealt before this season's trade deadline.

?It think it?s logical, you can see that, trading me,?? Mozgov said. ?I?m in my contract year. So if they can get something for me? I don?t think it would be a surprise for me (to be traded).??

The Miami Heat could make a bid for Mozgov.

"I heard Miami is trying to find a big guy,?? Mozgov said when asked about the Heat, who have had rebounding problems all season. ?We?ll see. I don?t know (what might happen).??

If Miami is trying to get him, should we **** block?

With Shump returning, White becomes usueless.

Kidd/Felton/Prigioni
Shumpert/Smith
Anthony/Novak/Brewer
Stoudimire/Camby/Thomas
Chandler/Wallace/Mozgov

?

What you think?

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
Miami rebounding issues? that's an effort issue. Miami is bored right now, wait till March. They'll run the same championship lineup out there when it counts, there's no room for a stiff like Mozgov come May-June. The players seeing run for them will be Chalmers-Cole-Wade-Allen-Battier-Lewis-Miller-James-Bosh. They proved they didn't need a big in June and they'll prove it again. Spread the offense and let LBJ work.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Mozgov

I believe that Mozgov has a $3M plus contract for this year. It is the final year of the three year contract he received from the Knicks. We do not have the cap room to absorb that contract.

New New York

Quiet Storm
what could we offer Denver worth while?

I mean Camby's contract is only partially guaranteed and has a nice buyout incentive built in but trading for him would be more of a PR move for Den. (Camby was very popular with Nugget fans) as opposed to one that improves them

maybe to shed cap they trade us Mozgov and Randolph for Camby

again I think I read somewhere that buying Camby out at the end of the season would only cost The Knicks (or team that trades for him) 2 million of the 3 million owed next year and nothing the final year of his deal.

That would save Denver 2 million dollars for players who are not playing anyways

Mozgov becomes our backup Center next year and Woody gets to work on Anthony Randolph and seeing if something can be made of his career.

But Denver probably asks for Copeland to give them the feeling that they got a more than just a light lift in cap.

zwickks

Benchwarmer
Mozgov is a bum, i dont ever wanna see that goofy russian back in NY.

let Miami take him if they really want, i say we keep the team we have

Rob Low

Rotation player
what could we offer Denver worth while?

I mean Camby's contract is only partially guaranteed and has a nice buyout incentive built in but trading for him would be more of a PR move for Den. (Camby was very popular with Nugget fans) as opposed to one that improves them

maybe to shed cap they trade us Mozgov and Randolph for Camby

again I think I read somewhere that buying Camby out at the end of the season would only cost The Knicks (or team that trades for him) 2 million of the 3 million owed next year and nothing the final year of his deal.

That would save Denver 2 million dollars for players who are not playing anyways

Mozgov becomes our backup Center next year and Woody gets to work on Anthony Randolph and seeing if something can be made of his career.

But Denver probably asks for Copeland to give them the feeling that they got a more than just a light lift in cap.

Why on earth would we trade Camby for Mogov? I wouldn't even trade Kurt for Mosgov. The guys a complete scrub.

Hell to the No!! We don't need him nor do we have the time to get him assimilated. He'll just throw off the rotation with his indefinable skill set. I still think he needs to develope a bit more before I'll take him serious.

Paul1355

All Star
I dont know about Mozgov. He seems like the player that has all the tools and size to be very good but has no basketball IQ.

I think Woodson would rarely play him.

I am becoming more alarmed with Marcus Camby though. As much as I love Camby, he can not stay on the floor and we desperately need a center like him to help Tyson.

Looks like Amare is the backup center for good.

metrocard

Legend
That's true Paul, don't see Mosgov getting in the line up, but I just thought Mosgov would be good for insurance just incase Chandler goes down with an injury and he would be a better option than James White.

36 minute per stats dont have a lot of substance BUT

Mosgov for his career does average about 11 points per game, 10 rebounds per game, 2 blocks per game and almost a steal a game and 1.1 assist per game which isn't bad for a center who barely speaks English.

I was always intrigued by the dude.

Denver is a deep team with quality big men Koufus, McGee, Fareid...so guys with talent like Mosgov and Randolph will get lost. (Yea, I'm bringing up Anthony again, I still believe he has a chance to be something just needs to get slapped in the face once or twice)