Knicks Have "Some Interest" in Jared Dudley

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Alex Kennedy: Source says the New York Knicks have some interest in Jared Dudley. No word on who they would offer or if talks have taken place.

ChrisN7

Benchwarmer
I saw this reported on http://www.postingandtoasting.com and from the comments on there people would consider any combination of Novak, Brewer, Camby, White and Copeland to try and acquire Dudley. Shumpert has also been mentioned but the majority seem to be absolutely against trading him.

TBH I'm not too clued up about many players not on the Knicks, so would any trade for Dudley be a good move for the Knicks?

Wargames

Starter
Novak or Camby make the most sense if this is real with maybe other players added in an exchange of roleplayers (the smart move would maybe be to add copeland as a sweetner whose scoring ability seems legit but with Stat back lacks a defined role). Also Brewer who while not playing is still a respected player around the league for his defense.

If its for Novak then the knicks are trying to sell high (for once). He is due an all Star appearance for the 3 pt contest and his ability to get reliable minutes on a marquee team makes him a name player right now. Dudley is a 3 pt shooter (41%) and a better all around player. Lastly he could play the 3 to Melo and Stat at the 4 and be comfortable at it. This would give the knicks the ability to put shump at the 2 for defensive purpose as needed. If (and I mean IF) brewer can break the rotation by playoffs the knicks would have a very good team to make a run at it this year.

If its for Camby It means the knicks feel they have enough bigs and see that they need a better 3 to back up Melo who will play the 4.

No matter what if this deal happens it means the knicks expect to play Stat as a sixth man going forward

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Novak and brewer or novak and cope. Either way novak has to go. I would love Dudley on this team.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

tiger0330

Legend
Really don't see this happening. They probably would want Shump which would make this a non-starter for the Knicks and trading for Novak wouldn't clear cap space for the Suns or make them better so unless they think Cope is an undiscovered diamond in the rough why would the Suns do this deal.

Wargames

Starter
Really don't see this happening. They probably would want Shump which would make this a non-starter for the Knicks and trading for Novak wouldn't clear cap space for the Suns or make them better so unless they think Cope is an undiscovered diamond in the rough why would the Suns do this deal.

You were right

The deal was Shump for Jared Dudley and a pick. I don't even know how that works out cap wise....

tiger0330

Legend
Yahoo reporting Suns want to obtain Shumpert

Woj is reporting the Suns are looking to acquire Iman Shumpert for Jared Dudley and a first rounder. Knicks are reportedly not inclined to do a deal for Shumpert.

smokes

Huge Member
If it was an unprotected first rounder next year that would be a pretty tempting deal even though Shump is a nice player. Phoenix are bound for a high lotto pick I guess unless their pick is elsewhere.

Rob Low

Rotation player
Give them any combination of Novak Brewer Copeland Camby or White. I hope they're not even entertaining trading Shump.

smokes

Huge Member
Phoenix have no reason to want any of those guys. They already have Morris who is a better more developed Cope, and the rest of those guys have no value to a team that isn't looking to make a deep playoff push.

How good is next years draft supposed to be? This trade could make a lot of sense for us even though Shump is great Dudley is a suitable replacement and a high first rounder would be a breath of fresh air for this team.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
I like shump but the idea of getting a first rounder is tremendous. And what Dudley could bring to our team is crazy. Him, novak and swish all on the court. And he's fiesty and a competitor. But man I'd hate to see shump go. He's home grown and is a budding 2 way star

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

T.O Knick

Benchwarmer
By all accounts 2013 is a very mediocre draft. No Davis, Lillard or Beal type talent in 2013. Shump better than any lottery pick save Maybe...Maybe [FONT=Georgia, Times, Liberation Serif, serif]Shabazz Muhammad.[/FONT]

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
.... And so it continues. We trade away every player we draft over and over. Is this draft deep enough for this move to make sense? (I really don't know about any college players)

I still think the payoff of Shump in another year or 2 will be worth it.

T.O Knick

Benchwarmer
.... And so it continues. We trade away every player we draft over and over. Is this draft deep enough for this move to make sense? (I really don't know about any college players)

Thing is window is small for this Knick team. If this Knick team is going to make a run it's at best a two year window, Dudley is hardly the type of player that is going to improve the Knicks drastically. As for Shump bar none our best defender, who's going to contain elite guards come the playoffs if we move Shump?

Last edited:

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE

:?:

Nothing has continued, bro. We haven't traded Shump and I doubt that Grunnie would trade him after playing less than 20 games so far after a major ACL injury.

IMO, this is just a little way to maybe get Shump fired up to perform at a higher level. This is just a weak trade rumor that does not make much sense for us. The Knicks are 32-16 so far and I doubt that a player like Dudley would make much of a difference for this ball club, as compared to Shump who will be a very valuable defensive cog once the playoffs arrive.