New York @ San Antonio Game Thread (11/16)

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
Maybe the loss to Indiana will boost them up to play better against the Spurs. We sure are going to need a great effort from the entire team to pull this one off. Spurs are playing great together and Brent Barry is looking like a good addition in there system. Ginobili might have a big game since it has been so easy getting around our guards lately.

madskillz7312

Benchwarmer
Expecting a big game from the Centers or it's all downhill, unless they can catch them off guard with the play of our guards of coruse....

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
I think that we have to have a short leash with TT, if he not going to guard, I think you give Ariza his minutes. As well Vin & Naz definetly have to play tough. I like the JYD on Duncan idea. I 'm personally hoping for Ariza on Ginobili!

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
TT needs to try to stay away from the reach in fouls...I can deal with the offensive fouls (since there are so many actors playing basketball nowadays and the refs seem like they are getting paid under the table sometimes)....even if he fouls a guys to stop him from scoring...but gotta stay away from those reach in fouls....look at Nazzi...finally got it in his head that he is a big dude and wasn't meant to get low and try to tip balls away from guards and staying much longer on the court without foul trouble.

JYD is a good defensive player with lots of energy but he over reacts two quick.......anyone remember that game where he got on the court made three fouls in like 2 minutes and sat down for the remainder of the game?

Yes, his energy is great but he has to learn how to control it...picking up fouls like that against duncan will only put his ass on the bench and get us in further trouble

My prediction is Bruno Sundov is going in there and fouling Duncan out with his awesome offensive skills....lol

starpula

Benchwarmer
Fouling Duncan and putting his .600 FT% on the foul line isnt the worst idea in the world. I can see Ariza helping out with guarding Ginnobli and Parker so we dont wear out Steph and Crawfish

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
Wow didn't know Duncan was shooting that bad at the line.....From what I remember he used to be a really good shooter, including in the line....I guess things change. Anyways, thats a plus for the Knicks.

starpula

Benchwarmer
Yeah, 59.1% to be exact. I would love to get an upset here to sht up some critics. In all of these "Power Rankings", they have the Clippers and Sixers (the two teams we beat), above us.

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
dasilva1079 said:
Wow didn't know Duncan was shooting that bad at the line.....From what I remember he used to be a really good shooter, including in the line....I guess things change. Anyways, thats a plus for the Knicks.

loll this is prob the third yr a remmebr duncans free throw shooting being a very big problem for the spurs

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
That is just an example of how much attention I pay to the rest of the NBA teams. All I care is the about is the Knicks, watching every game and loving it. Really thought Duncan was awesome all around since he was MVP and all, I guess not

teslawlo

Benchwarmer
Duncan is awesome.... and btw he does tend to hit free throws when it really counts in the clutch...
11132004-texastriangleyaoduncannowitzki.jpg