Game Thread: NY Knicks @ Indiana Pacers 02/20/13 7:00

CoolClyde

stagnation and missed field goals (Melo = 7 for 21 at this point)
is the recipe for a loss. 13 assists in 3 quarters is not good.
finally Copeland is in, where the hell has he been for the past
month? damn, this sucks major balls.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
I have posted in a few days and I even turned the game off after the 1st quarter.

We're a mess, throughout the entire organization from Coach Woodson to Melo

erivera

Benchwarmer
knicks have too many one way players. guys are either good defenders or good offensive players, and our defenders aren't doing that well at all. this roster needs to be fixed if they want to make it far, and one trade deadline ain't going to do that.

CoolClyde

^yeah, where's Jeremy Lin when you need him?
tonite: 29 pts, 8 assists, 6 rebounds, 2 steals, 3 TO's. not bad.

wian

Benchwarmer
This team will never win a championship if its going to take shortcuts to get there . The team trades way too much and thats why there's no player chemistry..

The recipe for success is patience over 4-5 years , recruiting and trading and drafting well over a longer period of time..., Not trading everyone in and out at the drop of a hat.

Its just ridiculous the amount of trading this team has done to buy a championship.... It will never work..... The organisations philosophy on how to win is all wrong. There is no quick fixes or shortcuts or band aid solutions if you want prolonged sucess...

ChrisN7

Benchwarmer
That was painful watching, just a horrible game. Don't want to over react with a knee jerk reaction but before garbage time that was the worst display of basketball I think I have ever seen.

Indiana smothered the Knicks on D, but even reasonable looks missed and the Knicks didn't seem to give a **** about getting back on D themselves. There was zero prevention of penetration and we gave up whenever a Pacer got the ball on the perimeter and allowed one of the worst offensive teams statistically to get hot from everywhere. I really like Paul George, looks a great up and coming player. I don't know about his contract situation, and its a non-starter until we have some expiring contracts, but if he is a FA when we have cap space we should go after him.

Add in some flat out bone-headedness from Amar'e and JR, this game was a total write off. Only garbage time, but at least Copeland showed what he could do offensively, needs to wake up a bit on D and work on his general court awareness, but I definitely think he deserves some minutes in the rotation.

Time to wipe this one from memory and focus on Toronto on Friday. Need to kick start this second half of the season, if not playing like that our seeding for the playoffs will go through the floor.

bigapple

Starter
knicks_suck.jpg

right now this team need trades on friday this team will also loose to raptor and nothing is working in this team

this team is also or became Dantoni team again.I hope we wont finish as 7/8th @ the end of season

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
View attachment 267

right now this team need trades on friday this team will also loose to raptor and nothing is working in this team

this team is also or became Dantoni team again.I hope we wont finish as 7/8th @ the end of season

Damn. WTH happened?

Missed the game and was disgusted when I saw the box score. Was it "just one of those nights" where shots weren't falling or did the Knicks plain SUCK this game?

If we really want a shot at a title, we have to go through Chicago or Indy, two teams which seem to have our number this season. Seems like a trade is needed, just to wake these guys up.

REALHEAT

Benchwarmer
Prime example of the league adjusting to the Knicks one dimensional, iso ball offense that also depends solely on the 3 point shot. The Knicks right now are the classic case of living by the 3 and dying by the 3. The 3 point onslaught you guys were on early this season was a mirage imo and in the eyes of the league. Older team, terrible defense, woeful rebounding and everyone is a one dimensional player including Melo. Those early season 3s covered up the plethora of flaws the Knicks have.

REALHEAT

Benchwarmer
Yes, They do and i agree but you guys happen to have more "bad games" when you depend on the 3 ball and they dont fall. Depending on the 3 is a double edge sword. Not to mention that your best player doesnt make others around him better and plays 5-1. The knicks looked their best early on when the ball was moving and finding the open guy but of course that changed due to the league adjusting. So I ask, what else do you guys do?