Amare/Shumpert for J-Smoove/ZaZa?

REALHEAT

Benchwarmer
Norris Cole being a bad backup PG is kinda irrelevant considering Miami has either James or Wade on the floor for pretty much 48 minutes unless it's garbage time.

Miami tore Chicago a new one today and I don't see Rose's return if it even happens greatly helping their offense. The Bulls only have 1 or 2 players on their team who are good jumpshooters and even those guys are streaky and prone to throwing up bricks frequently.

Both Chicago and Indiana certainly have a chance to beat the Heat (a much better chance than us) but the Heat have the huge upper hand imo that they've been to the finals twice and won it now, the monkey is off the back, postseason confidence will be high and they are unlikely to crumble mentally, we've seen that happen to Chicago in recent years ie when they lost to Boston in the first round despite playing a much better series, Boston just had that veteran experience and had Pierce and Ray Allen to hit jumpshots down the stretch of games.

With Indiana it's most likely going to come down to whether Paul George can maintain his swag in the offseason, the dude is definitely becoming elite but does he have the mental toughness to play at that level against the best teams in crunch time? He might be a year or two away from that at this stage in his career.
This is why I am not worried about Chicago. Last time I checked, teams need to actually score the ball to win the game as well as defend. Both chicago and Indy are top in defense but are nearly at the bottom in most offensive categories. While Miami is top 5 in offense and top 10 in defense. A team that can defend but cant score will not beat a team that can defend JUST AS GOOD and score 100X better. It will also be interesting to see how Granger(when he returns) meshes with George. But the question, as you stated, can Paul keep it up in the POs?

Beat the Heat....How about No.

Teams who don't play D, don't make adjustments and live and die bye jumpers don't win titles.

Simple when Chips are down Heat can lock down any team in the League, they're that damn good. Reminds me of back in the 90's when year in and year out we deluded ourselves into thinking Ewing and co. were finally good enough to topple MJ's Bulls.

The only team that has the smarts and discipline to potentially challenge the Heat this Spring are the Spurs, although it remains to be seen if they can get out of the dog eat dog Western conference.

Forget Heat, decent season for NYK would be getting out of the first round, successful season would be anything beyond the second round.
I have said this all along. Teams that depend on the 3 ball will not go far. Adding to that is the lack of defense the team plays and the star player does not play both sides of the court either. There is no low post player for you guys and when it comes down to it, the team resorts to Melo-ball or bust and that is a recipe for losing. Melo did win some games for the Knicks almost by himself but can that be counted on to win a championship yet alone in a 7 games series vs a team that plays team ball? Especially when the best player on Miami is more than a willing passer and makes everyone around him look so good. Im not sure if it can.

Great post from the both of you guys. Both made awesome points. Miami has he ability to just straight lock down a team when they want. Prime example was last night vs the bulls. 27 forced turnovers and they held the all star Deng to 6 points and noah to 5/11 shooting. 14 steals and 6 blocked shots to add. Anything can happen but this isnt the NCAA where a Butler can just upset a bunch of teams. When it comes down to it, the team with the better/talented players, better defense and, plays team ball will knock down shots can win several series. Miami has all of that.

Number3

Benchwarmer
Lol yea... Barca knicks n giants i follow them always... Tuesday copa de rey!!
We need some ball movements like xavi iniesta messi ..we are second last in assists thats terrible