Kenyon Martin is a Knick.

metrocard

Legend
@SpearsNBAYahoo

Knicks have agreed to sign veteran forward Kenyon Martin to a 10-day contract, a source told Yahoo! Sports.

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
Did not give the pundits too much time to speculate as to who the Knicks would add to the open spot with Brewer's trade. Major help if he can give us 15-20 minutes.

bigapple

Starter
this dude must be in S5 after 10 days this team dont have any other option. Hes D is extreme he can dunk but he is also same as Stat as frustration

tiger0330

Legend
We'll see but no team including the Lakers with big man injury problems thought this former all star could help them.

New New York

Quiet Storm
WOW!!! He should've just signed in October!!!

still glad we got him rumor was Mia had ininterest...but doesn't Woody have players inactive coming off injuries longer than 10 days? so isn't it just assumed no matter what he gets a 2nd 10 day?

low risk high reward at this point...ideally he can get Melo back to 3 spot and Shump back at 2 w/ him being the starting 4 and Stat still backing up...worst case he is out of shape and we cut him...

Rob Low

Rotation player
K Mart has never had a problem being in shape. He had to know someone would pick him up at some point, chances are he'll be ready to go.

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
Poor shooting notwithstanding, I think Brewer still should have been getting some minutes, that said, it was clear he wasn't going to be getting minutes, so this is a wise move in my opinion. Martin beefs up frontcourt and gives us some toughness, which I would call into question sadly, when teams are physical and mouth off we tend to wilt, Martin gives us a dickhead to fire back with. In theory it's a good signing, yet somewhere Beetlejuice (Tim Thomas) is screaming "Fugazy!"

Kiyaman

Legend
Kenyon Martin was a Super-Star / All-Star / and Team-Leader with consecutive visits to the FINALS .. until he became teammates with Carmelo Anthony and couldnt get pass the first round of the playoff.
sound familiar (Billups & Iverson)

Putting Kidd back with Marion won Dallas a Championship.
Putting Kidd back with Kenyon Martin is an ideal leadership for a winning team.
Putting Kenyon Martin back with Melo is a 10 day contract .. did we give JR a 10 day contract?

Kiyaman

Legend
Kiya's right let's trade Melo and Jr and build around Kidd and Martin

Hushup .. we have Melo for the long-hall, just like Marbury contract (Isiah's goldenboy, now Dolan's goldenboy)
Im goin to bash Melo untill the day Melo get us to the EC-FINALS .. which dont look to be the 2012-13 season, when Amare/Camby/and Sheed showed very little interest in building Melo's fame this season.

So u could by passs my post / threads .. or repy to my post with some convincing facts on Melo getting his teammates to take him to the 2nd round.
Thats what I want to read, convince me .. make me:beer: happy

Kiyaman

Legend
Poor shooting notwithstanding, I think Brewer still should have been getting some minutes, that said, it was clear he wasn't going to be getting minutes, so this is a wise move in my opinion. Martin beefs up frontcourt and gives us some toughness, which I would call into question sadly, when teams are physical and mouth off we tend to wilt, Martin gives us a dickhead to fire back with. In theory it's a good signing, yet somewhere Beetlejuice (Tim Thomas) is screaming "Fugazy!"

I liked Brewer he gave us multi-positional defense, plus Brewer knows his role in a series (Sloan & Thib), it was OKC that traded for him
Toughness plays a big part in a winning season, and a winning series. We sign Sheed for toughness, and now we sign Kenyon Martin toughness .... for 10 daze

erivera

Benchwarmer
I liked Brewer he gave us multi-positional defense, plus Brewer knows his role in a series (Sloan & Thib), it was OKC that traded for him
Toughness plays a big part in a winning season, and a winning series. We sign Sheed for toughness, and now we sign Kenyon Martin toughness .... for 10 daze

i don't think the knicks brought in kenyon martin to be a 10 day player. unless he's completely out of shape he'll be here. chris andersen was signed to two 10 day contracts before the heat kept him for the rest of the season. if the knicks were only going to sign a guy for 10 days why not sign henry sims?

Red

TYPE-A

This was a horrible move for several reasons.

1. We lost 1 of 3 defenders we had
2. K-Mart will now disrupt what little chemistry we had

which means coaches claimed priority of defense looks hollow and he missed the fact that at the least we played defense with Brewer in the line up... at the vet min nonetheless. We could have jettisoned someone else who produced less than Brewer to make room for K-Mart (who we probably could have had at the beginning of the year).

Our only hope hinges on K Mart/Sheet/Gumby/ and KT somehow stay healthy and contribute on a grand scale, while we learn to play inside out. Objectively speaking... that is almost impossible given what we've seen.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Should have just cut Copeland and signed Martin, kept Brewer for depth and insurance

Felton/Kidd/Prigioni
Shumpert/Smith
Anthony/Brewer/Novak
Stoudemire/Martin
Chandler/Camby/Wallace

White and KT on the IR

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Should have just cut Copeland and signed Martin, kept Brewer for depth and insurance

Felton/Kidd/Prigioni
Shumpert/Smith
Anthony/Brewer/Novak
Stoudemire/Martin
Chandler/Camby/Wallace

White and KT on the IR

Exactly. 100% agreed. At least Brew can defend. White is useless, and it baffles me why we did not trade him. But at the end of the day, Brew is the only out-of-rotation guy with value, I guess.

The Thunder scooping him up shows how much of a key piece he can be for a contending team. I hope K-Mart can give us that boost defensively. I just don't know what happens if ever JR or Shump gets injured. Who plays SG then? *knocks on wood*

Kiyaman

Legend
Exactly. 100% agreed. At least Brew can defend. White is useless, and it baffles me why we did not trade him. But at the end of the day, Brew is the only out-of-rotation guy with value, I guess.

The Thunder scooping him up shows how much of a key piece he can be for a contending team. I hope K-Mart can give us that boost defensively. I just don't know what happens if ever JR or Shump gets injured. Who plays SG then? *knocks on wood*

Copeland & Novak are decent role-playing SF to use when Woody gain some sense and decrease Melo playingtime down to 32 minutes per-game so these two bench-players could gell with the rotation as SF.
Brewer played an important role in our rotation as a multi-positional defensive player during our 18-5 run.
Why Brewer munites decrease to DNP the week of Felton's injury where we had to give a 39 year old Kidd 35 minutes per-game for 4 to 6 weeks is unknown to me. But the DNP to Brewer put the media on Shump to rush his return which I felt Shump was not ready mentally, physically, and spiritually for such an early return.

As for our frontcourt bigmen substitution this season was to crazy to believe ....
Sheed being Tyson's backup ....
Camby starting with Tyson ....
Kurt getting 3 minutes spot time here n there then DNP the next two games ....
Amare coming off the bench, and not allowed any playingtime the final 8 minutes of each game ....
Melo wanting to play PF for 41 minutes per-game ....

This will be an interesting 10 days with Kenyon Martin, a PF who should get all his playingtime in a lineup with Kidd his first 3 to 4 games to feel out the rotation of players, which wont happen bc Woody is still looking for the unimaginal-piece to fit into the poorest defensive lineup in the NBA "Tyson/Melo/JR/Felton" ....

When Camby return I was waiting to see a lineup with "Camby & Kurt" with Melo .. never happen.
I also was waiting to see a lineup of "Camby & Amare" with Copeland, Kidd, and Prig .. never happen.

vrgadin

Benchwarmer
lets not forget that with the nets and jkidd kmart was great. once kidd was no longer in the picture he struggled. that was years ago though. lets also not forget that while in denver JR Smith filled his car with popcorn as an april fools prank, kmart was apparently irate. not sure those two like each other.