Game Thread: NY Knicks @ Toronto Raptors 02/22/13 7:00

Will the Knicks lose 3rd straight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

T.O Knick

Benchwarmer
Was there live.

Too pissed to go into details but....

1. Woodson joke...Melo on Gay throughout terrible 3rd Quarter!!!!!!

2. STAT needs a dress and purse.. Official the fist person with a Vagina to play in the NBA.

LeFlume

All Star
Was there live.

Too pissed to go into details but....

1. Woodson joke...Melo on Gay throughout terrible 3rd Quarter!!!!!!

2. STAT needs a dress and purse.. Official the fist person with a Vagina to play in the NBA.
lol...Truer words have never been spoken. :beer:

skisloper

Starter
How bad is Mike Woodson as a coach?

Kiyaman, preach for me please.

Prigioni with another 12 minutes of playing time..........
He must be really feeling confident when he gets called to go in knowing he is out 2 minutes later.

WOODSON is doing what he did in the playoffs against the heat,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Cross your fingers and close your eyes and hope MELO and JR make their shots.........This is not what our team has become,,,,,,,

Kiyaman

Legend
How bad is Mike Woodson as a coach?

Kiyaman, preach for me please.

Coach Woodson is coaching a roster of players who wish they were traded to the OKC Thunders franchise on the trade deadline .. LOL .. everybody want to be a Ronnie Brewer now .. LMAO

Woody's being stubborn by refusing to accept the fact that oil n water dont mix .. Woody has become that, beaten woman who blames herself for all the whippins her drunken husband give her twice a week.
It's becoming a joke now...

erivera

Benchwarmer
Coach Woodson is coaching a roster of players who wish they were traded to the OKC Thunders franchise on the trade deadline .. LOL .. everybody want to be a Ronnie Brewer now .. LMAO

Woody's being stubborn by refusing to accept the fact that oil n water dont mix .. Woody has become that, beaten woman who blames herself for all the whippins her drunken husband give her twice a week.
It's becoming a joke now...

everybody is ronnie brewer. can't hit a shot and not playing d like they should. if you were looking at ronnie brewer as being the savior or something you're just dumb. he was benched for a reason, and it wasn't because melo wanted him gone.

to all these people talking about coach woodson not coaching smart well you need to tell me who the hell on this team is playing well. at the beginning the knicks were moving the ball because guys were hitting shots and their defense was also good because they were hitting shots. kidd hasn't scored in a month. shumpert has come back and shot awful. stat's defense has been awful, and recently he's been missing a ton of easy shots. jr is the only other person who can be looked at to score, and he's streaky. knicks need more guys who can score regularly and defend.

lastly, i saw a clip of charles barkley's show on nba tv, and for once he actually said something interesting. he said that in the 1993 nba finals pippen and grant took the ball out of his hands twice in crunch time in game 6, and that he regretted not taking them 1 on 2 because he felt that gave his team the best shot to score on those possessions. i understand the criticisms of melo and jr not passing the ball, but when other guys aren't scoring consistently what are they supposed to do? it's one ting to hold the ball to score 50 points in a game, but when you have to score 40 to give your team a shot i can't be upset at melo or even jr holding the ball at times.

skisloper

Starter
everybody is ronnie brewer. can't hit a shot and not playing d like they should. if you were looking at ronnie brewer as being the savior or something you're just dumb. he was benched for a reason, and it wasn't because melo wanted him gone.

to all these people talking about coach woodson not coaching smart well you need to tell me who the hell on this team is playing well. at the beginning the knicks were moving the ball because guys were hitting shots and their defense was also good because they were hitting shots. kidd hasn't scored in a month. shumpert has come back and shot awful. stat's defense has been awful, and recently he's been missing a ton of easy shots. jr is the only other person who can be looked at to score, and he's streaky. knicks need more guys who can score regularly and defend.

lastly, i saw a clip of charles barkley's show on nba tv, and for once he actually said something interesting. he said that in the 1993 nba finals pippen and grant took the ball out of his hands twice in crunch time in game 6, and that he regretted not taking them 1 on 2 because he felt that gave his team the best shot to score on those possessions. i understand the criticisms of melo and jr not passing the ball, but when other guys aren't scoring consistently what are they supposed to do? it's one ting to hold the ball to score 50 points in a game, but when you have to score 40 to give your team a shot i can't be upset at melo or even jr holding the ball at times.

A coach should run an offense that creates shots. Woodson as he did in Atlanta is content with an ISO offense.
JR as good as he can be is not an answer. Your point that if other guys aren't hitting then JR and melo have to shoot is foolish. We will never win the east this way.
Woodson has a solid pg in prigioni but he plays less and less. Why ?

Woodson needs to reevaluate.

Kiyaman

Legend
Woodson has not written up a design play for Novak or any other player .. Iso, Iso

Your response is comical .. I recall the Knicks winning ex-coaches Holzman, Hubie, Riley, JVG, and Chaney, who practice and taught defense-first to where the Knicks would go 3 minutes without scoring however, the Knicks would force their oponent to go 4 minutes without scoring. This is why Pat Riley pulled John Starks and Anthony Mason out of the CBA League, and within a few months their strong defensive-effort got them 30 minutes of playingtime to take Pat Riley Knicks to the FINALS.

In the last 28 games, Woodson's 48 minute lineups had either Melo or JR or both on the court throughout those 48 minute games. in the last 28 games u have not seen both (Melo & JR) sitting on the bench at the same time, like u seen early in the season when we had lineups of PG-Prig, SG-Kidd, SF-Brewer, PF-Novak/Copeland, and Sheed/Tyson were on the court in a lineup.

Having Melo or JR or both in a lineup has not stopped an opponent from scoring for 2 minutes this season, so coming back from a 10 point lead is practically in possible with either of the two in a lineup. Their man to man defense stinks, and they are wanderers when it comes to team-defense.

Our offense is the pits with Melo, or JR, or Felton controllin & holding the ball over 8 seconds, the three-players are shoot first players who dont allow teammates in the offense. Yeah the alley-oops to Tyson are Flashy like JR flashy moves every other game.