Cut Sheed.. sign Aaron Brooks

Apparently Brooks just got released by the Kings. He'd fit in great here. Speedy gaurd who knocks down the 3 at a decent percentage. Beats playing Pablo's under agressive ass at backup point. Hell he might even be able to beat out Felton as the starting point..

JaYnYcE

Benchwarmer
It's funny that your avatar is of sheed and you want him cut for brooks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tiger0330

Legend
Brooks probably has a deal in place somewhere. He's got a player option for 3.5M for next year so the Kings and him agreed to some kind of buyout, why would a guy waive his player option for that much money if he doesn't have a deal with someone in place.

Today is the deadline, can't be a coincidence that they let him go today. Maybe we picked him up but I think we need another big like Amundson if KMart doesn't work out or a Raja Bell to replace Brewer.

smokes

Huge Member
Isn't Brooks one of the worst defensive guards in the league?

Can anyone confirm or deny? Don't really ever watch the Kings if I can help it. Seem to remember defense was the reason he's been shunted around in crappy roles since that breakout season he had in Houston.

smokes

Huge Member
^ I ain't mad, if the dude can't defend we got no use for him anyway. Bad luck for Patrick Beverley who was developing really well.

Maybe they'll use Brooks at SG to backup Harden, that could be a good fit.

Kiyaman

Legend
[B said:
smokes[/B];265839]Can anyone confirm or deny? Don't really ever watch the Kings if I can help it. Seem to remember defense was the reason he's been shunted around in crappy roles since that breakout season he had in Houston.

Brooks would be perfect now for the Houston Rockets as Lin Backup, because Brooks is a small transition running PG that u want to keep moving on the offensive-end of the court when the ball is in Harden's hands.
Brooks skills does not fit in halfcourt-offensive set (ISO-Melo). Brooks talent goes well with Shump & Stat transition performance. But Stat no longer have any say-so on the offensive-end of the court, or on this Knicks team (Stat is just performing for his bi-weekly pay check).

tiger0330
Brooks probably has a deal in place somewhere. He's got a player option for 3.5M for next year so the Kings and him agreed to some kind of buyout, why would a guy waive his player option for that much money if he doesn't have a deal with someone in place.
Today is the deadline, can't be a coincidence that they let him go today. Maybe we picked him up but I think we need another big like Amundson if KMart doesn't work out or a Raja Bell to replace Brewer.​

Amundson would be a great pickup for the Knicks, and so would Raja Bell .. but the same conflict Brewer had on this team, and the consistent DNP to Copeland .. I see happening to Amundson & Bell who both went to the WCF with Stat in Phoenix.